z

Young Writers Society

Paradox: Chapter 3

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:16 pm
Lambchop says...

Spoiler! :
This is from the driver's point of view before the car crash

His headache was getting worse from the high pitched bitching that was coming from the girl next to him. Even if he wasn't paying any attention to the useless words pouring out of her mouth, it made it harder for his to focus on the busy streets of Toronto. Today was like any other day downtown; the streets were filled with the usual homeless people, bikers flew by almost taking off your side-view mirror, and men and women coming and going from clothing stores. The occasional honk from a pissed off driver could be heard from all directions and a few sirens blared up a head. The music in the car helped drown out the bickering but, he turned it up anyways which only made her more upset.

“You never listen to me. This is why we have so many problems. You're always texting your boyfriends, or going out to party at some sketchy bar with slutty girls who, by the way, you flirt with more than once.” The girl said while turning the music back down, crossing her arms and frowning.

“What?!,” he replied, “Who the hell told you that? I've never once flirted with another girl.” He shook his head in disbelief but kept his eyes on the road. “Who ever told you that is lying. It was Chris wasn't it? If it was Chris, I swear to God...”

“I'm not telling you who it was, it doesn't matter because I know what they told me is true. You're always checking out girls where ever we go.” She replied in an angry tone. He had to admit, he did sneak a peek here and there when a cute girl walked by.

“Oh come on, I'm a guy okay. If a girl with a nice ass walks by I'm going to look, it's impossible not to, it's in my DNA. Just like it's impossible for you to not walk into a store that says the word “sale” on it.” He retorted with a small smirk. The girl clenched her hand into a fist and punched his arm as hard as she could, causing him to veer to the left slightly. The car beside him honked viciously and flipped him the finger.

“What the fuck?! What are you doing, you're gonna cause an accident you psycho!” He turned to her and yelled. He threw his hands up in frustration and slammed his head back against the head rest.“You're really starting to drive me crazy, you know that? Why do you even talk to Chris after I've told you a thousand times not to? He's a creep and only wants one thing with you.” He continued on driving but tried to avoid getting to close to the guy he almost hit. “You know what, I'm going to text him right now and say something.” Without waiting for her reply, he whipped out his phone and began typing. Thank god for auto-correction because he had no time trying to type correctly. He turned to the girl but the look on her face made him swallow his bitter words. She was staring forward in panic as her hands flew towards the dash board. The car jerked and for a split second the passenger side was slanted upwards. He heard a sharp, high-pitched scream in his right ear.

“LOOK OUT!” Trying to control the car, he looked forward but before he could even comprehend what was happening, something large smashed into his windshield causing it to cave in. In panic, he served to the left but caught a glimpse of dark brown hair through his smashed window. He slammed on his breaks but not quick enough, he was already in line with on coming traffic. He looked to his right and saw his girl wide-eyed, then to his left only to see head-lights. A loud crunching noise of metal colliding with metal was all that could be heard before blacking out.
-Yours Truly, Lambchop-

Meatball, meatball, spaghetti underneath; ravioli, ravioli, great barrier reef!
— Spongebob