z

Young Writers Society

The Maze Part 2

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:07 pm
VampireSenshi says...

Spoiler! :
The Next part to the part that I posted the other day...

We walked silently on for several minutes before again, I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye. That time I made double take,

“OK, That time I saw something,” I said to Chess. “I'm sure of it!”

Chess' eyes became round with fear. He took off his glasses and polished them, then placed them back on again.

“I think I saw it too, like a shadow right in the very peripherals of my vision. In fact; did you know that your peripherals are the best part of your eye at picking up moving objects?” he rambled

“Good to know...” I said as I stealthily made my way to the passage. I gently peeked around the corner, the quick flash of something going around the corner greeted me. I took off running down the way and around the corner. A right turn into the way greeted me with a dead-end.

“What the hell?” I asked aloud.

Chess rounded the corner, a questioning look upon his face.

“Did you see something Eli?” he asked, out of breath from running.

I cursed under my breath,

“I think so. But it's gone now.”

Chess' face changed into a concentrating glance. Then his eyes became round again

“Did you hear that?” he asked “It sounded like a scream!” he yelled

“This way!!!” he yelled, he beckoned me around the corner and through a few lefts and rights. Finally stopping for a breath.

“I could hear it, it came from this way.” he coughed, Chess is definitely not cut out for marathon running.

Another figure cam shambling out of the mist, a girl. Around my height, about 5' 8”. Strait, black hair with red highlights covered her face. She was wearing a black blouse and jeans. Chess' face matted with sweat, he exclaimed,

“Nyaaah!!! Monster!!” he hid behind my back.

“I don't think so Chess, it looks like a girl.” I said, and walked toward the mysterious person.

She collapsed onto the ground, I made the try to catch her but fell short.. She collided with the ground with a THUMP! After looking at her closer. I could see that she was all cut up, she had a small gash on her arm.

“Chess!” I called, “We need something to bandage her arm!”

Chess removed a small roll of bandage from his backpack and handed it to me.

“I don't want to know why you have that.” I said as I wrapped the bandage around the girl's injured leg.
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

To answer before listening—that is folly and shame.
— Proverbs 18:13