Young Writers Society

heartless monster

Random avatar

Reviews: 30
Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:37 am
Flyingchaos says...

Heartless monster
- Chapter 3

A life in darkness is better than no life at all. And my life hasn’t seen the daylight for years. A stranger may be a friend you haven’t meet yet, but the stranger may also be the cause of your misery. The darkness has already blackened my wings, tainted my hopes, and made me yours entirely. No matter how hard you try you can’t run from your past. And that statement I am to confirm.

He let out another deep chuckle. I tried to resist but in the end I daringly opened my eyes. He smirked. Victory was written all over his face. The bell started ringing and I snapped my head up at the sound of my saviour. He wasn’t pleased that much I knew. ''Don’t forget you belong to me- '' he hissed.

He removed himself from me and nonchalantly he walked passed me like nothing had ever happened. I wanted to be strong to tell him no but in the end I knew I would be no match for him if things got physical. It was easier to just play along and pretend it never happened.

Just when I thought I would escape the daily chaos Ace had to make his arrival clear.

'' Well, isn’t it the little snitch or should I say traitor? '' He said it with so much disgust and vein leaking from his voice. He wasn’t hiding the hate in his eyes either. Those eyes which contained so much love once. It stung.

'' Leave her alone.'' I couldn’t believe it. Was he defending me? ''Besides you can’t fight on school grounds the girl isn’t worth it.'' He said it in such a swift way causing the two girls at the locker beside us to squeal in delight. Of course what was I thinking? There was no way he of all people would stand up for me. He just smirked and looked at me with those onyx eyes, as if daring me to protest. To prove him wrong.

I wanted to say something so bad I wanted to scream at them but I knew I couldn’t do anything. I really was pathetic.
''You’re nothing! You would be better off dead!'' My eyes widened and I had to bite my tongue from screaming out in frustration and agony. Why did I have to think about those words now? I looked down waiting for them to insult me as always. I deserved it.

''HEY!'' confused I looked behind me to find a very pissed of Alex. I forgot the current situation I was in and cracked a small smiled at the heated glares Alex was sending the two stoic men.

''Heh, there is no fun in arguing with someone who can’t stick up for herself anyways. Come on jerk let’s find the girls.'' Ace sent me one last dirty look before walking away. It sent shivers down my spine and I suddenly felt very lonely. Not long after he also left.

''Bastards!'' Alex yelled giving them the finger. She really was hilarious.

On the way to our class room Alex turned to me with a serious expression though her eyes were soft and... With a bit of sadness in them? I tensed small beads of sweat trailing down my neck. ''I meet your sister on the way to school this morning.'' She shifted looking uncomfortable under my gaze. ''Apparently your father is feeling better and... He wants to... see... You...'' I froze trying to register what she just told me.

''You’re nothing!'' I caught myself shaking. The soft rustle of my bracelets was filling the empty hall.

The cold metallic voice was echoing in my head, reminding me of the past.

''You would be better off dead!'' It had been awhile since I had heard that voice.
I felt Alex’s arm reassuringly nudging my shoulder while she was gently removing the hot tears on my cheeks. But I couldn’t move. I couldn’t talk. The only thing I could hear was the footsteps bouncing off the dull white walls. I wanted to run I wanted it to stop. ''Stop touching me.'' My voice sounded rough and foreign even to myself. All of a sudden I felt dizzy. And I snapped.

''STOP TOUCHING ME!'' ''STOP TOUCHING ME!'' ''STOP TOUCHING ME!'' ''STOP TOUCHING ME!'' I was blinded by pure rage, kicking, screaming and the endless river of tears leaving damp trails down my shirt. Suddenly everything went black.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:09 am
davidechoe13 says...

Hi just a quick little comment before i review um i think Flyingchaos plus your picture is really funny :) okay but that's besides the point.
I found very little problems with this chapter i don't really know how this was meant or whatever but The - little line you put in: "Don't forget you belong to me- " he hissed i don't think you would really put that there unless the person was interrupted or something. other than that good job, keep up the good work :)
Think of the vastness of a story, What happens when the main character is not around?

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:01 am
NightWriter says...

Hey Flyingchaos!

That was an incredibly emotional piece. I loved it from start to finish!
You have a fantastic ability to create pictures with your words and you've done it again!

"A life in darkness is better than no life at all. And my life hasn’t seen the daylight for years. A stranger may be a friend you haven’t meet yet, but the stranger may also be the cause of your misery. The darkness has already blackened my wings, tainted my hopes, and made me yours entirely. No matter how hard you try you can’t run from your past. And that statement I am to confirm. "

This part at the beginning only added to the drama and really created a base atmosphere for the rest of the work!

Well done!

NightWriter x
raised by wolves // brought up on words.

I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.
— Orson Welles