z

Young Writers Society

Herotropolis

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:46 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Welcome to Herotropolis; an enormous city with towering skyscrapers, an impeccably neat central park, everglades to the west, a wide reach of sun-soaked beach in the east, and everything in between! This haven is a prime target for horrific villains- from vindictive criminals to evil masterminds, set on ruining life for the inhabitants of Herotropolis. Of course, with so many out to damage it, there is an abundance of those who protect the city with their lives- the Heroes.
Every day in this crazy metropolis brings endless troubles, but as the failings of the villains begin to pile up, how long will it be until they realise that working together will solve their problems?

Herotropolis is a chit-chat where you can role-play any of your heroes, villains, or miscellaneous characters, super or otherwise. As you can imagine, in a place where colossal conflict is common, logic isn't really in play; areas are reconstructed pretty quickly, the police don't have a particularly impressive response time, etc. So don't take this too seriously!

A few rules of course:
- No Godmodding
- If you're a villain, prepare to lose: justice prevails in this city.
- No explicit physical contact (sexually or violently)
- Play nice with others :wink:

Feel free to post a mini profile inside a spoiler on your first post if you want to put your character into context.

Spoiler! :
Yes I realise how cliche this is- that's the point.
Last edited by DarknecrosisX on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

67 Reviews

Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:21 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Ravage

Spoiler! :
Ravage is a symbiote, like Venom from the Spiderman series, spawned from Scorn, making it a 4th generation symbiote and furthermore stronger than any of its predecessors. Ravage was unique when it was birthed, actually devouring people to begin with, deeming none to be strong enough to host its power. Still childish in mentality, when the Ravage symbiote attached itself to the infamously insane mercenary Deadpool, its mind became even more twisted and chaotic. Unknowing of the developments this generation possessed, Peter Parker and Doctor Connors vaporised the symbiote from Deadpool's body. But Ravage had copied Deadpool's healing factor, though undeveloped, allowing it to recover and seek out another host.
This came in the form of a depressed 19 year-old, Michael Stephens, whose bi-polarism made him not unlike Deadpool. Ravage was attracted to Stephens because of this mental similarity, and formed and inseparable bond with him, changing his life forever.

Symbiotes share emotional, mental and physical connection with their host, but tend to allow the host the ability to manipulate their form. Ravage now operates of the current mentality of Michael, which can vary violently. Some days he may be witty and heroic, but others he is destructive and merciless. Most often it is the previous, for Michael has been trying to control his unstable emotions with more success as the months roll by.

Ravage is much like Carnage in appearance, but with eyes shaped like inverted teardrops and green skin that changes colour according to its current mood. It does not tend to bare its teeth like other symbiotes, keeping its mouth firmly shut unless Michael talks. Ravage maintains the ability to heal itself rapidly from Deadpool, but to a lesser degree. It can also temporarily copy powers from those it feasts on; the longer it feeds, the more developed the power. Like all other symbiotes, Ravage can manipulate its physical form into anything, more often than not tendrils to swing from buildings.

Herotropolis was bustling today, more so than usual actually, which made us feel a little uneasy around the busy streets. Instead we took to the central park, chilling out in a tree while conversing with each other about the usual.

I can agree that we were pretty inactive yesterday, but then again it's not like anything big went down. Even if it did I'm sure it got solved pretty quickly.

Today calls for us Michael; with college out for the summer, we can't just study around the clock. We need to find something fun to do!

Yeah, well your definition of fun doesn't tend to win over the crowd to often Rav, but I suppose we can help a few civilians in need around the park, though I highly doubt that anything will happen.

A couple of minutes passed without so much as a child's squeal, and both Ravage and I found our chatter rather boring, so we decided to take a slight nap in the shady leafage of this tree. As I began to get drowsy a yell for help echoed across the quarter, and we leaped out of the tree to investigate. Ravage located the sound under one of the tunnels nearby the water fountain, so we sped off towards the sound.

Using the symbiote's natural agility, we vaulted over the fence and lashed a tendril onto it, lowering us, upside down, to have a look at what was going on. We saw a woman being comforted by a mysterious figure and a masked assailant on the ground, unconscious. I frowned beneath Ravage's skin.

"Hey, that was my gig!" we moaned, Ravage turning bright green with envy.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

67 Reviews

Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:31 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Brigade

Spoiler! :
Brigade (AKA Harvey Robinson) is an enormous hulk of a man, mutated by untested performance drugs that he took to achieve his aspirations of becoming a world-class body builder. The results not only created more muscle, but transformed lipids into muscle, eliminating all fat in his body and transforming him into a 10ft giant covered in bulging muscle tissue. He is incredibly strong, being able to flip trucks and tear trees out of the ground when he desires. He is naturally quick-tempered, and highly destructive, with a mind warped by the side-effects of the drugs. Brigade has no regard for the wellbeing of others around him- he only cares about his impulsive desires.

The ground cracked beneath my enormous feet, and I sent a car hurtling down the street towards innocent bystanders that could do nothing but watch in horror as I did as I wished. Not a single hero had volunteered to be crushed by me, so I had to settle for whatever was nearby. With my escape from the nearby Asylum, I was able to do what I wanted, until the heroes turned up, and then they'd see just how powerful I really was. Treading along the road heavily, I searched for a police blockade to rip apart; I needed a challenge, or else my mind would wander to other things.

As I turned the corner, a smile crept upon my face. With guns all aimed at me, a patrol of five cops stood alert, ready to open fire. "Harvey Robinson, surrender yourself to the HTPD now, or face the consequences!"

"And what would those be?" I smiled, seizing a car and hauling it above my head. They scattered like mice, aware that their measly weapons would do little to a creature so durable and ruthless as I. That was when I heard a voice behind me shout:

"Stop what you're doing!"
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

Reviews: 0
Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:44 pm
Icleminiangel says...

Spoiler! :
dash/Dylan is a rather small person who after nearly dying in a plane crash found that she could run/move/have reaction time much faster than any normal person. She has a very ingrained scense of justice and hates seeing people stand above other people or thinking that they are better. She is actually really quiet unless she. Sees unfairness and decides to act on impulse which happens to be her main weakness-rash actions and and acting on impulse

I walked down the street minding my own buissness when a car- yes a car- hurtled towards us half flying on its journey across the road. I looked around and realised that there was a hulk of a man facing a whole patrol of police but they were running away. That's when I snapped, I ran out to face this giant and yelled " stop what you are doing"

Reviews: 3
Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:23 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

Jackie sharp

I decided to run away from my dad (The Joker). Nobody liked me anymore. I had lost the friends that were cherished. Everybody thought I was insane. I ran through the city. I ran into a public bathroom and washed the lipstick from my lips and scars. I even took off my eye shadow and pulled out a pair of scissors and cut my long hair that went down to my waist. I threw my fluffy bloodstained tutu in the toilet and flushed it down. I threw my knife away and ran out of the bathroom. everybody stared at me and came closer to me. I yelled at them saying,

"Go away! I am done being a killer!!!!"

I ran to a park and collapsed on the concrete . . .

When I woke up somebody helped me up . . .
Winterfell is cold.

Reviews: 2
Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:42 pm
ty7lucky says...

Shifter

Spoiler! :
Shifter is a teenage boy with dirty blonde hair and glasses.His real name is John Muto. He was born with the ability to change the molecular structure of things for a short while. He can shift the atoms but the bigger and more complicated something is the faster it reverts back to it's previous form. He can change his own form easily but if distracted or rendered unconscious he returns to his original state. He doesn't really feel like a hero or want to be one, but he feels that with the gift he's almost forced into the situation(this isn't that he doesn't want to help people but that he worries he'll mess things up). He hates that the city is almost always being threatened by someone.

John walked to school quickly. If there isn't anything bad happening then I don't need to save anyone! He quickened his pace so he was practically jogging. He was about a foot from the school when it happened.

The scream he knew was destined to happen rang out. He groaned as he subconsciously changed his molecular structure. His body contorted in a blur, shrinking. He took off from the ground an eagle with his wings spread wide. His eye's quickly found the source of the sound. A large fire was raging as people rushed out of the bank. A van skidded on the road as it made a retreat from the scene.

John dove towards it. He was already getting tired from using energy to change forms. He landed with a thud on the van and he was himself again. A head peeked up from the window and a gun was aimed at him. John thinking fast grabbed the gun and tried to pull it from the man's hands. He failed but didn't give up hope he focused on the gun and his hands moved in a blur as they moved fast enough to change the gun into a.... John wasn't sure what to turn it into. 'This isn't that important!' he scolded himself. He decided to do whatever came into his mind first, that was a mistake. He had a test in PE for baseball, so of course the gun turned into a baseball bat. At least it's an improvement.

The man holding the gun looked confused and started swinging the bat. John thinking fast and also having food on his mind having forgotten breakfast took on the problem of having to stop the van. He pushed his palms onto the roof of the car and willed it to change. He obviously wasn't really into it because he turned the car into jello. His weight soon broke through the squishy substance. The villains had a look of confusion on their faces as they sat dumbfounded and watched the cop's drive up.

After the crooks were secure in the back of the police car John remembered school. "HEY OFFICER!" He shouted at a cop that was about to get in their car. They turned to face him as he asked him, "Can I have a note, cause I think I'm going to be late for biology?"
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

You sound like you're becoming emotionally involved with the custard.
— Nikki Morgan