Young Writers Society

Foreign Exchange Student

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:01 pm
VampireSenshi says...

Ayani Detori
The Auri Exchange Student

I walked up to the doors of Annivale Public. They were large, double doors that swung open very wide. A torrent of students flowed through. I checked my phone, the time said 0830; ten minutes until class started. I followed the endless traffic of students in what I assumed was the main hallway. I kept constantly looking up at the signs above the doors. I couldn't understand most of them at all, luckily at the embassy they had equipped me with an Auri/English dictionary. I flipped through the pages until I found what I was looking for "La viset eskosazo" - The Director's Office. But I couldn't find a sign that said that. Soon the hall was empty accept for me and a few stragglers. A large, foreboding bald man with a walkie-talkie came up to me.

"Are you looking for something?" I was relieved.

"Eya, I'm looking for the uh- Director's office?" I said. He looked puzzled.

"Do you mean the priniciple's office?" he asked.

"Oh, eya I think that I am. Eshta."

"Excuse me?" He says, confused.

"My - apologies. I meant to say, Thank You."

"No problem, kid. Let's get you to the Principle's."

We walked down the hallway for a moment and he brought me to a bustling office and then back into a separate room with a desk. A man with graying hair saw me and said,

"My God! Thank You Ralph, I had completely forgotten about our foreign exchange student." He said. Coming around his desk to stand before me.

"No problem." said the large man, taking leave out the door. The gray haired man took my hand and shook it fervently.

"It's good to finally meet you in person, Mr. Detori. Mrs. Esha -"

"Ésha." I corrected his pronunciation.

"My apologies. Anyway, she sent me your transcripts and a picture of you and I've been anxiously awaiting your arrival. When did you arrive at the embassy?"

"I arrived two days ago, Eso- Sanders?" I say, fuzzy on his name. He nods, smiling.

"Well it's good to have you, Ayani. If you'll just have a seat out her in the office I will have your sponsor come down and show you to your classes."

He seats me in chair in the middle of the bustling office. And I wait.
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

Reviews: 4
Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:00 pm
thelostone says...

Kaylei Scheroski

I inhaled a long drag of my cigarette, smiling as the thick smoke filled my lungs. I exhaled and tossed the bud onto the ground. Surely you're not allowed to smoke on school property, but me being a senior I know some places no one is ever around. The old soccer fields being one of those spots.

My phone buzzed, reminding me that I had five minutes to get to chem. I've had over fifteen tardies and I'm fine with getting a couple more. Detention isn't that terrible. Ralph, the slightly large, balding hall monitor is often the one who watches over everyone in detention. Most of the teachers won't give up their afternoon to supervise us. Ralph and I have met several times in detention and I've come quite fond of him. Usually I can leave after twenty minutes.

I walked into the school, the hallways were mostly clear of students. The final bell rang over head and I calmly strutted to chemistry.

I opened the door and Mr. Shaver lifted his eyebrows.

"Good morning everyone!" I sang.

"Kaylei," Mr. Shaver cleared his throat and handed me my signature orange tardy slip. "That was your last warning. Go to the office for a detention."

I groaned and threw my head back, aware of the entire class's eyes on me.

"Mr. Shaver!" I whined. "It's senior year! Cut me some slack!"

He shook his head and pointed to the door.

Whatever. I didn't want to sit in this class anyways. I slammed the door behind me and quickly walked into the office.

"Kaylei, bit early for a detention don't you think?" Mrs. Delaney, the secretary, greeted me and handed me the clip board.

"It's never too early for me." I sighed and signed in.

"Go sit. He'll be with you in a minute." She smiled.

I sat down next to a new student. I love new people, they're always fun to mess with.

"So, what are you in for?" I joked and flicked my perfectly curled hair behind my shoulder. "Steal something? Hijack a car? Murder someone?"

The student's eyes widened and I smirked.

"I'm Kaylei." I winked.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:54 am
neko says...

Lucy Green

The familiar gaze of Kaylei meets my eyes as I walk into the office. I smirk as his eyes roam over my face and the dried blood and bruises there. I sit next to him, gesturing to my blood splattered shirt.

"You should see the other guy"

I notice an unfamiliar face on his other side and raise my eyebrow in question.

"Who's your friend?"
Listen up!
The future is bulletproof!
The aftermath is secondary!
It's time to do it now and do it loud!
Killjoys, make some noise!

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec