z

Young Writers Society

A jail for mutant girls

Reviews: 4
Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:52 pm
emalik says...

Dr. Stegman
I walked back in forth in my cell wishing i could open my black wings and fly but my cell was just tall enough for me to stand i couldnt fly there was no room. I couldnt wait until we went outside I wanted to see the view from here I couldnt escape but I could see where I was. I paced back and forth and the bell went off that signaled that we could go outside. My door automatically unlocked and I walked out of my cell briskly. I watched every cell that i passed I had a feeling someone was watching me no one was in there cells I dismissed the thought. I got outside and opened up my wings not caring if I hit anyone I flew up into the air and looked around we were on an island I had just been transported here yesterday from my previous jail they knew I had found away out. Now I am here. I looked around and saw that a fight was breaking out below I swooped down a little and watched the fight go on.
Mrs. Elizabeth Malik

Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:33 pm
thelostone says...

Brynlei Walters

"Teddy," I whispered to my small ragged bear. "It's almost time! We can go outside!" I hugged the bear to my chest. It reminded me of my parents, before the mean men in white suits took me here.

I scrambled over to the corner in the wall where I had kept tally marks of the days. Tomorrow would be my eighth birthday. I grabbed the rock and scratched a cake with candles into the wall.

The bell rang and my cell door unlocked, interrupting my drawing.

"Come on, Teddy!" I squealed and ran outside, Teddy in my hand.

The grass felt cool and amazing under my toes as I sprinted as fast as I could to the big oak tree where Teddy and I spent all of our outside time. I grabbed a hold of a low hanging branch and swung myself and Teddy up. My long dark hair got caught in the wind as I climbed higher and higher into the tree. When we got to the top, I looked out and smiled.

"Happy early birthday to me, Teddy!" I beamed.

I held out my palm and the dew from the leaves, floated over my palm.

I beamed. I always loved playing with water. The men with white suits said it wasn't normal how I played.

I watched as I made the little droplets dance in my hand.
Last edited by thelostone on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:49 am
KingLucifer says...

Andrea Stoddard

I sat in my cell, my arms folded against my chest as I enjoy the darkness around me. This prison was no place for someone of my caliber, with someone of my strength. Seventeen years old and I've been locked up here for a full year as of today, I wanted my freedom, my power does not deserve to be bound here. That's when I heard the door open, but no light streamed into the cell it remained pitch black. I hear a set of footsteps walk around to my side as they clamp a metal device around my head that would keep my vision blank.

"It's time for some fresh air, come on," a gruff voice said.

"Watch yourself, I could bite your head off at any minute," I said sarcastically.

The guy said nothing as he hauled me up by my arm, and soon lead me to the door. I couldn't see where I was going, but I was lead by the man who would lead me outside and let me have fresh air. Soon I felt the heat on my skin, the breeze on my face, I was finally outside from my year long containment.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:08 pm
thelostone says...

Brynlei Walters

The tiny droplets of water happily swirled around, hovering above my hand. I climbed down the tree a litte and peered out of the branches. I spotted a girl with a metal blindfold around her head.

"Teddy," I whispered. "Look. Isn't that funny?"

I made the little rain drops fly down and hover over the girls head. I giggled and pulled them back up before they hit her. I kept playing this little game until a bird landed next to me and broke my concentration. The drops fell on her head and she instantly looked up. I couldn't tell if she could see through the metal thing, but I didn't want her to see me. I shrunk back into the tree and hid from the yelling. Was she yelling? Did I do that? Or is someone else fighting? I stayed hidden in the branches, too afraid to come down. I know lots of the girls are much bigger than I am. If I got in trouble, the men in white could take Teddy away.

Reviews: 0
Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:59 pm
Icleminiangel says...

Ryder-
I sit down on my bed and concentrate. Nothing. They must have been able to do something to the cells to ensure we can't use our abilities, which sucks! At least we're going outside in a minute. fresh air and if I take my book (the only possession I was aloud to bring) I might be able to project. The guards don't notice as long as I look like I'm busy with something. My cell doors open so I pick up my book and wait until everyone else has gone then I make my way outside avoiding eye contact with anyone until I reach my spot, furthest away from everyone and least noticeable by the guards. My head feels like it's about to explode with pain I need to project now or I'm going to pass out.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:39 pm
KingLucifer says...

Andrea Stoddard - Prison Courtyard

"Did those idiots forget to waterproof my blindfold?" I thought to myself.

Zzzzt, zzzzt, zzzt.

I listened as the electricity was buzzing around my metal blindfold, until I heeard a satifying click. My blindfold fell off and I quickly cast my vision to the ground where I see my blindfold smoking black smoke. Those idiots didn't waterproof my blindfold, and now, my vision was free again, and so was my ability.

"Those, DUMBASSES!" I yell to the entire courtyard.

"Grab the girl, quickly!" a guard yelled.

I quickly turned my sight on them and made eye contact with the guards coming toward me.

"I command you to stop at once!" I order at them.

They stop where they were standing where they were, staring wide eyed at me as gaze was filled with anger. Filled with hatred of being betrayed, being sold out, being treated unequal.

"Now, free my commrads, free each and everyone of them from there cells and bindings, free them and then hand each of them weapons so they may defend themselves," I order.

The absolute ability to command absolutely anyone, just by looking into there eyes. I smiled to myself, soon I would have the entire prison guard under my control, and soon we can leave this pathetic dump.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:52 pm
thelostone says...

Brynlei Walters

I peered out from the branches of my trees and suddenly the guards were frozen. What happened? The girl I had accidentally dropped water on was now free of her blindfold, glaring at the guards.

"Teddy, what's going on?" I whispered, holding my bear against my chest.

I slowly climbed down the tree. When my feet hit the ground again, a guard brought a bucket of water and set it down by my feet. His eyes looked funny as he watched me. I froze. I really wanted to play with the water. Is this a test? His cloudy eyes took one last look at me and walked away leaving me with the bucket of water.

A huge grin spread across my face, as I held my hands out over the water. I lifted my arms and the water went with it. I laughed and threw it up in the air, then catching it before it crashed into the ground.

I set it back in the bucket and slowly made my hand into a fist. The water began to boil and hiss. The water level slowly went down and I immediately stopped. I don't want my water to leave.

I dragged the bucket and Teddy out from under the tree. I held out my hand again and threw it into the air. The water splashed over me, but the rain drops stopped before they hit me or the ground, suspended in the air. I giggled and put the water back in the bucket.

"Kid, what are you doing?!" Hissed a voice.

I whipped around, clutching Teddy.

It was the girl with the blindfold.

"Don't play with it! We can finally leave! You can use that to escape!" She urged.

"Leave?" I asked. "I don't have anywhere to go." I looked down at Teddy. "We don't want to leave if it means hurting people."

She rolled her eyes and I held Teddy closer to my chest.

Reviews: 3
Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:51 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

Melissa Maggs

I was crawling up a wall when my cell door opened. Was I finally free? Then the girl with the metal blindfold came to my cell.

"Come on, Be free!"

'Really? I can finally be free?"

"Yes, now move it!"

I crawled out of the cell with my eight legs behind me. My fangs curved up into a smile.

"Thank you."
Winterfell is cold.

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:23 am
ladcat13 says...

I sighed as I sat on the cot in my cell, fiddling absentmindedly with the electrical metal band around my neck. First the air force, then jail, then the CIA, then jail again- this time jail for special people like me. The U.S. just kept finding excuses to screw with my life, and this one was the most imbicilic yet. What next?

My answer came when suddenly the barred door opened and a guard with a funny look in his eye walked in. He held something in his hand that I was very familiar with: the key to my neckband. I stood warily, shuffling my wings and watching as he drew nearer. The words "what are you doing? what's happening?" flashed across the little screen at my throat- words that I wanted to say but would never make it to my tongue with the inhibitor there. But he just ignored them, and went straight to the automated key scanner and unlocked it. The metal fell away and for the first time in weeks, I was able to speak.

"Holy shit that's good!" I said, then began to hum a scale as he walked out. He seemed rather zombie-like right now. He even forgot to close and lock the door behind him- not that it mattered now that the inhibitor was gone. With my singing voice back, I could manipulate any matter I chose with a single musical note.

With a feeling of relish I strode from the cell and made for outside. I needed to stretch my wings out. The white feathers near the top looked all papery and bleached from not seeing the sun, and the silver ones near the bottom were an unhealthy shade of grey- more from dragging on the ground when I walked than anything else. It made me wonder what my violet eyes would look like- navy? purple? indigo? Probably one of those weird colors. But either way I would be a sorry sight. Massive wings like mine didn't maintain themselves.

And another thing. If a zombified guard had set prisoners here free, not all of them would be friendly. The U.S. might be somewhat scattered and scared of me, but Arwyn Dubois was going to honor her word. Innocent people might die if I didn't intervene.

I gathered myself before I opened the door to the ceilinged courtyard. I'd need to launch myself into the air with as much speed and force as I could and sing a high note to burst a hole in the fencing. Then I'd have to book it to the cloud cover- if there was any- and take stock of the situation from there. I prayed it wouldn't all go to hell in a handbasket.

Here goes...

Millions of miles from home
In the darkness before the dawn
In the swirling of this storm
When I'm rolling with the thunder
But bleed from thorns
Leave a light, a light on.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:47 pm
JasmineA says...

Leslie Amilienne

I silently flipped another page of the novel I was reading, ignoring the overflow of thoughts that swirled around in my head. I already knew what was happening;I could hear it in their thoughts.
A guard walked up to my cell and unlocked it, obviously under that Andrea girls command. I wasn't chained and their were no weapons for him to give me so he walked out. You see, my power lies in my mind and their were no chains that could restrain that. I had the ability to read people's minds and delve into their deepest secrets and most precious memories. I could manipulate people's subconscious, twist their memories and fears and rip them apart from the inside out. Scary, I know. You're probably wondering why I hadn't tried to escape yet if I could still use my powers but the answer was simple. To me it was pointless. Why try to escape if you're just going to be hunted and out casted for the rest of your life amyways? I would rather sit back and read a good book, cut myself off from the outside world and only interact in people's thoughts.
The girl, Andrea ran up to my cell and looked at me in surprise.
"You're free to escape. Why are you just sitting there?" she asked .
I sighed, placing the book I was reading in my black one strap bag with the others in an organized pile.
"I don't want to escape, however your little stunt now means that when reinforcements get here, everyone will be in trouble, escaped or not. I guess I don't exactly have a choice since this hell holes only going to get worse after a breakout." I finshed, standing and beginning to pack. She gave me a weird look before shrugging, seemingly satisfied that I had gotten up and ran off to help some other prisoners.
I finished picked up my bag and calmly walked out.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:40 pm
Featherstone says...

Artemis (Subject #8300091)

Snarling, I paced my cell like a caged beast. I was restless, trapped, and, secretly, scared. After what they'd done to me at the labs, I got out of control- killing, attempting escape, being uncooperative- and they sent me here, to this hell hole.

I was made for one purpose: thoughtlessly killing on the battlefield. I was one of many versions of super soldier, and all but the final version. They'd spliced my DNA with a canid's- either a wolf or a dog or both- and done something else to increase my killer instinct. Besides that, I had a metal arm.

Footsteps approached. I dropped back and growled as the door swung open to reveal a guard. On instinct, I leapt. The next thing I knew the guard was dead and I was out.

There was a girl with a metal blindfold watching me. I stopped and looked back at her in silence...
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

It's funny how humans can wrap their mind around things and fit them into their version of reality.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief