Young Writers Society

White Branch High

Reviews: 1
Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:41 pm
TaylorLove says...

Chrissy

"Nattie!" I scream.

"What?" She asks.

"You do not have to pay us back. I don't want you too." I say.

"Well I want to." She says. "I feel bad."

"No, that is not allowed. We want to do this for you. You are practically my sister. Family does not pay other family back." I tell her.

"You guys changed you house for me." She says.

"We were going to expand anyway. This was just a good reason to start the process." I tell her.

--

We drive back home. "Mom tell Nattie she does not have to pay us back." I scream.

My mom rushes to her and grabs her hands. "Oh, honey. You do not have to pay us back. This is our treat. We love you and want to help you."

I smile and walk to me room. "See!" I say.

I flop down on the bed and Nattie comes soon after. "We are going to have so much fun wrapping presents and stuff." I say.

"I know, it will be a blast." Nattie says.

"Best Christmas ever!" I scream.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 4
Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:35 pm
thelostone says...

Natalia/Nattie

"How do you wrap a candle?" I asked, trying to wrestle wrapping paper around the candle.

"Like this," Chrissy took the candle and put stuck a big red bow on top of it. "Ta-da!"

"Why didn't I think of that?" I laughed and stuck a bow on top of Chrissy's head. "Say cheese!" I leaned over and grabbed my camera.

Chrissy blew the camera a kiss and I caught the film as it popped out the bottom.

"Very nice!" I clapped. "Come on, let's take some of these and put them downstairs around the tree."

We both grabbed armfuls of presents and set them neatly under the decorated tree. It looked like Santa had already visited.

A couple days later and it's finally Christmas eve.

"Nattie, wake up!" Chrissy squealed. "It's Christmas eve! Today we get to help Martin with our Christmas eve feast tonight!"

I rolled out of bed and Chrissy and I made our way to the kitchen.

"Alright girls." Martin smiled and handed us a basket of apples. "Your first task is the apple pie."

Chrissy tossed me a peeler and we went to work.

"Martin is the oven preheated?" Chrissy asked.

"Yep!" He said, busy on the turkey.

"Wow, this is a lot of work." I sighed.

"Yeah but isn't it fun? We do this every year!"

I nodded. My parents and I never had feasts. I would usually bring home a pre-cooked chicken and we would eat that.

Chrissy began cutting the apples and I tossed them in a bowl.

"Pour some sugar and cinnamon over those." Chrissy ordered, popping a piece if apple in her mouth.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:47 am
TaylorLove says...

Chrissy

"This might be the most beautiful pie I have ever seen in my whole life." I say.

"I want to eat it." Nattie says.

"Not now ladies." Martin says, taking it away.

Our guests would be arriving soon do Nattie and I go up to change. I put on a red lace dress and black heels and Nattie wears a silky red top and a black skirt. I convinced her to dress up just little. I hear the door bell ring and I dart to it. I see Jace and Justin carrying a bunch of Christmas gifts. I smile and kiss Justin on the cheek. "Only the cheek?" He asks, playfully.

I wink. "I am saving the mistletoe for later." I say.

"Perfect." I say. I grab his hand and we walk into the grand dining room. We only do this for parties and things of that nature. I sit in the middle and Jace sits on my right and Nattie on my left.

--

I lay back in my chair. "If I eat anymore, I will explode." I say.

"Please do not make me clean that up." Martin jokes.

"Oh my, we still have to eat the pie." Nattie says.

"Bring it on." I say, feeling hungry again.

"Where does it all go?" Justin asks, patting my stomach.

"I have been wondering that for years." My mother says. My being fit has been a thing. My mom does not understand.

"It disappears." I say. Martin brings us all a piece of pie and I smile, taking a bite. "We are amazing Nattie." I say.

"So good." She says.

"I could eat this all day." I smile.
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:10 am
thelostone says...

Natalia/Nattie

After dessert, Chrissy, Justin, Jace, and I open presents the guys brought.

"Here." I handed my present to Jace.

I watched as he opened it and he smiled. "Thanks, Nat!" He holds up the Family Guy tie I bought him.

He gave me a quick kiss and we watched Justin and Chrissy open some present.

"Okay, Chrissy." I gave her the small Tiffany box. "Merry Christmas!"

She opened it and her face lit up. "Oh, Nattie it's gorgeous!" She gushed and put it on.

"One more thing," I pushed another bag towards her.

She pulled out the collage of pictures that I put together. I glued various pictures of me, Chrissy, Justin, and Jace, together and had it framed.

"Thank you, babe." She hugged me.

Justin handed me a small box and smiled. "Merry Christmas, Nattie."

I opened it and found tons of new films for my Polaroid.

"Thanks, Justin." I hugged him.

When we finshed, I had gotten books and a necklace from Jace and some earrings from Chrissy.

Justin pulled Chrissy aside into the living room and I took Jace upstairs.

"I have another present for you." I smiled and sat him on the bed. "Stay here."

He did what I said, and I grabbed the heart monitor. I strapped it on and the room was filled with my babies' heart beats.

"Oh, Nat.." He breathed and placed his hands on my stomach. "That's amazing."

I beamed. "Merry Christmas."

He pulled me on top of him and brought my lips to his. His lips moved with mine and I fell completely into the kiss. He softly kissed my nose, then my collarbone, and then my bump.

Shortly after, the boys had to leave. Chrissy and I gushed for a moment about our Christmas gifts from the boys, kisses included, and then fell asleep.

"NATTIE!" Chrissy screamed and bounced on the bed. "WAKE UP IT'S CHRISTMAS!"

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:24 am
TaylorLove says...

Chrissy

I scream all over the house in my Christmas pajamas. "It's Christmas!" I go outside and scream it so the whole neighborhood hears. Yep, this was pretty much my favorite time of the year. While I was running around my driveway, Justin pulled up. "What are you doing here? You said you could not come over today." I say, hugging him.

"I had to give you one last Christmas present." He says. He goes to the back of his car and puts on a crazy Christmas sweater and hands me. "I had to give you what you wanted."

I smile and slip mine over my pajama top. I grab his hand and run inside. "Martin, get the camera!" I yell. "Please."

He comes running. Justin and I stand on the grand stair case and have our picture taken. I hold a piece of mistletoe over his head and kiss his cheek. Martin runs and prints them out, framing them. He gives two to me and two to him. "They are perfect." I say.

"Merry Christmas princess." He says.

"Merry Christmas, babe." I laugh. I kiss him good bye and continue singing in a horrible off key voice around the house. Got to love that Christmas spirit.
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:45 am
thelostone says...

Natalia/Nattie

I finally rolled out of bed, sick of hearing Chrissy's shrieks. I threw my hair up in a bun and headed downstairs. I caught sight of Justin leaving and I waved goodbye. Chrissy ran up and pulled me down to the tree.

"MOM!" She screamed. "DADDY! TIME TO OPEN PRESENTS!"

"Chrissy.." I moaned, covering my ears.

"Lighten up, Nattie!" She gushed. "It's Christmas! The most wonderful time of the year!"

I smiled and we sang jingle bells until her parents came down stairs.

Chrissy got clothes, nail polish, make-up, some gift cards, and jewelry. I got more books, toys for the twins, and a couple pairs of sweat pants.

All the presents were opened, except for two.

"Chrissy?" I asked, grabbing the presents. "Will you come with me to give them to my parents?"

"Of course." She smiled.

We hopped in her car and she drove us to my house. I rang the door bell, which was weird because it's my house, and my mom opened the door.

"Natalia!" She engulfed me in a hug. "I miss you, sweetie." She whispered.

Chrissy and I walked in, and she immediately eyed my dad down. If he was going to be civil, so was I.

"Merry Christmas." I half heartedly smiled and handed my mom the candle.

She smelled it and beamed, giving me another hug.

I hesitantly walked over to my dad and gave him the polo shirt I bought him. I watched his eyes gravitate to my bulging stomach rather than the shirt.

He didn't respond.

"Girls, come here!" My mom called and we walked to her room. "For you." She handed us each gifts.

Chrissy opened hers first and it was a small jewelry box. When you lift the lid it plays swan lake.

"Thank you, Mrs. Anderson." She smiled.

I opened mine and it was a beautiful ornate rattle. I recognized it from somewhere.

"It was yours when you were little." My mom explained. "Now you can give it to my grandbabies."

"Thanks mom." I hugged her. "We should be going."

Chrissy and I made our way back to her car and we went back to her house.

"What time is the doctors?" Chrissy asked.

"Five." I told her.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:28 pm
thelostone says...

Natalia/Nattie

I had managed to not think about the doctors for the rest of the day, but five o'clock rolled around and my stomach churned.

Chrissy drove us to the doctors and it wasn't long before Dr. Sawyer called us in. This time we were in a different room. No scary feet holders and lights. Just a nice chair.

"Hello, Natalia." He smiled. "Nice to see you again. You too, Chris"

Chrissy nodded towards him.

"So, we're sixteen weeks along right?" He asked and I nodded. "Good." He strapped on rubber gloves and lifted up my shirt to reveal my big stomach. He began to rub some gel over it and I shivered at how cold it was.

"Merry Christmas, by the way!" He sang cheerfully. He reached down and grabbed a small device that was rounded at the tip. He flicked on the screen next to me and it whirred to life. "Are you ready to see your babies, Natalia?"

I gulped and nodded.

He placed the device right under my bump, sliding it over the gel. On the screen I saw little blurs of movement.

"Here we go." He murmured.

He held the device and waited for the picture to stabilize. A small black and white baby took over the screen. The head was way too big for it's body and all I could see was the small fingers. Butterflies swirled in my stomach.

"Looks like this one is a boy." He grinned and clicked a button to take a picture. "Now lets find the other one."

I looked over at Chrissy who smiled reassuringly at me.

A boy. A bouncing baby boy.

Dr. Sawyer quickly found the other and pointed out it's features on the screen. This one was smaller than the other but the doctor told me they would both be fine.

"Is this one a boy too?" I asked.

He shook his head. "It looks like you're expecting one of each."

I took in a deep breath. A baby boy and a baby girl.

He wiped the gel off my stomach and handed me the ultrasound pictures. When we left Chrissy and I squealed about having one of each.

"I think I have an idea what to name them." I winked at her.

When we got home I immediately put the pictures on the fridge.

"I'm excited, Chrissy. Is that bad?" I asked.

She shook her head. "No. I think that's normal."

"I mean I didn't want this to happen but I'm kind of glad it did." I sighed.

"Justin's having a New Year's party next week." Chrissy said. "We're definitely going!"

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:43 am
TaylorLove says...

Chrissy

I put on my black and white stripped dress on, tights, boots and my leather jacket. I pull my curly hair up into a pony tail and smile. "Nattie, we need to leave for Justin's party." I call.

"I am the one waiting on you." She says.

"I am just telling you." I smile. We run and jump in the car and drive to the park. The place was lit up and there were people everywhere. "Oh wow." I say.

"It is beautiful." Nattie says. I park and get out of the car.

We walk around for a bit and then I feel arms lock around my waist. "Hey beautiful." He whispers in my ear. I turn around and kiss him.

"Hi." I say.

He pulls away and looks at me. "Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yep. I have not been sleeping well the last few nights." I say. I wrap my arms around his chest and lay my head there. "I have missed you." I say.

"I have missed you too, princess." He says, kissing the top of my head.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:01 am
thelostone says...

Natalia/Nattie

Since no dresses fit me anymore and I wasn't allowed to wear a sweatshirt to Justin's party, I was forced to wear one of the ugly maternity shirts paired with leggings.

We pulled up to Justin's house and we were immediately swept into a crowd of people. "That's a lot of people." I mumbled. "Chrissy, I'm not ready for this." When I looked over, Chrissy wasn't there. I spotted her with Justin a couple yards away. I sighed and walked in the front door.

"Holy shit, Natalia!" Drew Palmer from my Trig class bumped into me. His eyes grew wide when he saw my swollen stomach. "I didn't know you got knocked up!"

"Leave me alone, Drew." I grumbled and pushed him out of my way.

Where is Jace? He's got to be here somewhere.

"Nice." Lindsay spat at me. "Who's the whore now?"

My eyes filled with tears but I refused to let them fall. I rushed out of the hallway and out to the back door. I've been here ten minutes and I already want to leave.

The tears slowly fell down my cheeks. It was freezing out here but I'd rather be out here by myself than inside. My breath came out in short puffs as I began to sob.

After a couple minutes I couldn't take the cold anymore. I quickly wiped the tears away and pulled myself together.

You made the mistake you have to deal with the consequences.

I opened the door and walked back inside, bracing myself for the harmful words.

Everywhere I walked people called me a slut, whore, hoe, and any other dirty words they could muster. I pushed past them with my head held high and went up stairs. I need to find Justin and Chrissy. Where did they go?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:49 am
Dreamery says...

Spoiler! :
Is it too late to join? I'm not exactly very fond of this "drama in high school" genre, but there's a character I've been meaning to try out.

6 Reviews

Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:11 am
Dreamery says...

James Cedar

I rolled up to the school in my sleek, black car. I'm pretty sure it was a Mercedes. I'm not sure. My valet chose it for me. I read the poorly written, rusty sign that marked the school with a name. White Branch High, it said. What kind of idiot chose a name like that for a school like this? I'm going to hate working here.

You see, I didn't choose this. I was involuntary forced to work here. Well, it was either that or jail time. You drink and drive once after a party, and you never see the end of it. Top business executives need a break too. I guess the policeman that arrested me didn't understand. Him and his donut eating ass.

I stepped out of my car, and locked it. Walking toward the school, I saw a group of teenagers eye it for a second. They looked like they wanted to bash it. I glanced back at them.

"Touch my car, and I'll cut off all of your fingers and cram them down your throat," I threatened. They backed away instantly, hands in the air. I stepped into the school and approached a rather large man in a suit. He was drinking a bottle of beer. Must be the principal.

"Who're you," he asked drunkenly. "Why're you on this ferris wheel?"

"I'm the new teacher." I decided to have some fun. "And I'm here put you through Algebra!"

"Ugh... You're hired... Just don't Algebra me...!" He walked away.

I walked through the halls, and found Room Three Twenty Five. My room. I was to be the new Business and Economics teacher. I looked at my watch. My next class wasn't for another few hours. I sat in my chair and took a nap.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:03 am
thelostone says...

Natalia/Nattie

I eventually found Chrissy and stayed around them for the rest of the party. They had fun, but fun isn't what I'd use to describe it. I went home with Chrissy and plopped onto the bed.

"I can't believe we have school tomorrow." Chrissy sighed. "Oh well. I hear the new teacher will be there tomorrow. Maybe if we're lucky he'll be hot."

I just nodded, the names spewed at me from the party swirled around in my head as I changed into a sweatshirt. My stomach was still poking out from under.

"Hey," She smiled. "Don't let those bitches get to you, okay?"

I nodded again and wiggled under the covers. "I'll see you in the morning." I mumbled and closed my eyes.

The school day dragged on and finally it was mine and Chrissy's business and economics class, with the new teacher.

We sat down and looked around. There wasn't a teacher in here yet.

"He's probably just running late." I whispered, squeezing my big stomach into my desk.

"Maybe." She smirked. "Or maybe he's meeting some of the new girls." She wiggled her eyebrows at me and I laughed and pushed her.

A throat cleared behind us and I immediately knew it was the new teacher.

My eyes widen and I shot Chrissy a look. Did he just hear all of that? I mean, Chrissy said it. I can't get in trouble for that, right?

6 Reviews

Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:18 am
Dreamery says...

James Cedar:

A few hours passed quickly, and the school bell rung, waking me up instantly. At least this school did something right. For the most part. I sat up in my chair, and started filling out some paperwork. With some luck, I could get my lawyers to reduce my sentence in this rundown school.

A few minutes after the bell rung, two girls stepped in. The desks faced the board, and mine was at the back, so people wouldn't notice me too easily when they stepped in. This would give me an opportunity to see what kind of students these were. Not that I cared.

"He's probably just running late," one of them said. She had a prominent stomach, which she squeezed into a horrible excuse for a desk. Must be pregnant, or something. Also, not surprising.

"Maybe," the other commented. "Or maybe he's meeting some of the new girls." They obviously didn't realize what kind of person that I was. I cleared my throat and the one with the stomach shot a look at the other.

I put my hands on their shoulders. "You may be wondering if I heard all that. The answer is 'yes, yes I have'. You two idiots seem like the smarter of the rest of these people. Actually showing up to class."

As if by some magical command, more students piled into the class and stood there, talking. One boy was leaning a girl against a wall. I yelled, "If you don't sit down right now, I'll cut you all into pieces and feed them to my pitbull!" I didn't even had a pitbull. I wonder how much they cost...

Anyway, they all sat down that instant. I took a position at the front of the class. I straightened my suit and my tie, and began speaking. "First off! I hate you all. I hate this school. I didn't choose to be here. But, enough about me. Tell me about yourselves."

And, silence... Now, to wait for someone to break it.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:56 am
TaylorLove says...

Chrissy

This horrible silence feel over the room and I sigh. This man is already jumping on my last nerve. Rude people tend to bring out the worst in me, explaining why I get into fights some times. I am usually really nice, but do not make me angry.

Nattie shoots me a look and I nod. "Don't do it Chrissy." She whispers.

I do not listen and stand up. "Well if no one else wants to talk I will." I say. "I do not hate all of you, this school is not horrible and I choose to be here today." I walk closer to him and give a fake smile. "Also I am not an idiot. I have the second highest GPA in the school."

"Oh, not the first?" He ask.

"No, I was sick for a week." I smile.

"Anything else you care to enlighten me with?" He asks.

I nod and put my hands on his desk. "I love pitbulls."

He rolls his eyes. "Thanks for sharing." He says coldly.

"My pleasure." I say as I walk back to my desk.
-Winnie the Pooh

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:57 pm
thelostone says...

Natalia/Nattie

Chrissy sat down and arched her eyebrow.

"Aw, Chris!" I whispered. "I told you not to."

"Do I look like I give a shit?" She seethed. "He's a rude pig and someone needs to stand up for themselves in here."

I sighed and began tapping my pencil. Only forty-five minutes left...

Finally his class ended and Chrissy stormed out to the cafeteria. "Who does he think he is?" She ranted. "He can't treat us like that!"

We sat down and her eyes lit up. "What if we protested him? Held signs outside of his class and chanted. The whole nine yards. We could probably get him fired if we wanted to."

"Protest?" I laughed. "He's just a bad teacher, that's all. We could get our schedules changed if we really wanted too."

"I do." She glared.

After lunch we went straight to the office and complained.

"Thank you, girls. We'll put in your schedule request soon." The secretary smiled at us.

"Ugh!" Chrissy groaned walking to last period. "Hold me down tomorrow, or I might fight him."

"I will." I smiled. I squeezed her arm lightly. "Just don't think about him, okay? Look on the brightside, we get to leave in an hour!"

Beware of advice—even this.
— Carl Sandburg