z

Young Writers Society

White Branch High

Reviews: 4
Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:39 pm
thelostone says...

Welcome to White Branch High School, where the history teachers are hot and hormones reign supreme. Pretty much your average school, except White Branch is known for drama.

Natalia Anderson is a normal junior, who is desperately in love with her best friend, Jace.
Spoiler! :
Jace's spot is open. If no one wants him, then I will!
However, he has a girlfriend. Whether your character is involved with Jace and Natalia or not, loads of drama is coming towards them.

If you want to be a slut in the halls, go for it. There aren't any rules so have fun!

Natalia/Nattie Anderson

My alarm clock buzzed, waking me up way too early for my birthday, or any day for that matter. After much contemplating, I dragged myself up and forced myself to look in the mirror. Do I really look that bad? Whatever it's my birthday. I ran a brush through my caramel colored, pathetic excuse for hair then threw it up in a messy bun.

I trudged downstairs to the empty kitchen. My parents were never around either working or with friends. They have more of a social life than I do. I could be on drugs and they wouldn't notice. I grabbed a protein bar and sat outside, waiting for Jace to come pick me up. I had a car of my own but I had always carpooled with Jace, so every morning he drives us to school.

Soon, a banged up red pick-up truck pulled into my driveway. I slung my bag over my shoulders and hopped in.

"Happy birthday!" Jace beamed, his dark brown eyes glimmered.

"Thanks." I grumbled. "Let's not bring it up again, okay?"

"But Nat-"

"No, Jace." I cut him off.

He fell silent and concentrated on the road.

"Uh, Nattie.." He cleared his throat, which was weird because he only does that when he has bad news. "I have to talk to you."

My eyebrow knitted together. I couldn't read his face. "What is it?"

"I can't give you rides anymore." He said quietly, avoiding eye contact. "The girlfriend. She doesn't think it's a good idea."

"What?" I laughed. "You can't be serious! You always drive us! It's practically a tradition. Come on, Jace!"

"I'm sorry." He sighed and pulled into White Branch's parking lot. "I have to go to physics now. I'll talk to you later." He scrambled out of the car and towards campus.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Reviews: 1
Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:36 pm
TaylorLove says...

Chrissy/ Chris

I park my car in the parking lot, excited to leave my parents and be at school. I walk through the halls, trying to find my friend and wish her a happy birthday. I find her by her locker and run to her. "Happy..." I scream before she puts her hand over my mouth.

"Don't." Nattie says.

I sigh and roll my eyes. "Oh, come on. What is wrong with you? Is it Jace again?" I ask.

"His lovely girlfriend does not want him giving me rides anymore." She says, slamming her locker.

"That sucks, but I walked in on my parents having sex again." I shrug.

"Yep, I win." She says, sighing.

"I know, I'm sorry. She just sucks, a lot. Maybe you should talk to her." I shrug.

"And tell her what? 'Hey just so you know I am in love with your boyfriend but don't worry, I will not make out with him while you are with him.''' She says, raising her voice at me.

I sigh. "Not my best plan, but you two are still best friends." I tell her. "Oh my gosh, I sound like such a good girl." I gag and shake my head. "I hate you for making me a good person."

"Please go to drama class." She tells me.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:41 pm
thelostone says...

Natalia/Nattie

Chrissy rolled her eyes and blew me a kiss as she headed off towards class.

When I got to APUSH, which stands for AP U.S. history, a sophomore blonde girl was flirting it up with the teacher, Mr. Salem. I mean, Mr. Salem isn't bad looking. He's in his late twenties, with mousy brown hair and square shaped glasses, but he was awkward. Really awkward.

I brushed right past them and took my seat by the window. Usually, people fought over the window seat but this class I didn't have to. All the girls flocked towards the front to drool over Mr.Salem, and the guys, being the sex crazed boys they are, followed them. So basically, I had the perfect view and no one around to bother me.

When the bell finally rang the blonde girl winked and took off to her spot smack dab in the front.

Mr. Salem cleared his throat. "Okay, everyone. Settle down, please. Today-to-today we're going to be on page 173 in your text books so if you could open them please, that'd be great." His voice cracked at the end.

I slowly dragged my three hundred pound textbook onto my desk. Just fifty eight more minutes until American Lit with Chrissy.

[*][*][*][*]

The bell couldn't have come any sooner. I bolted for it, running straight into Chrissy.

"How do you always get out so early?" I breathed.

Chrissy didn't respond but by the mischievous glint in her eyes, I don't think I actually wanted to know.

As we passed a banner for Homecoming, Chrissy turned and beamed. "So... Homecoming this year?"

"No, Chrissy." I sighed.

"But Nattie!" She whined. "We never go! Maybe it would be fun for us to go this year. We could get dates, and wear pretty dresses and the whole nine yards!"

"Chrissy. Seriously? You really want to do this? Maybe you forgot or something but there's a reason we've never gone."

Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:36 am
TaylorLove says...

Chrissy/Chris

"I know what happened last time and I do not want to talk about it." I say. "I want to remember dances as a fun thing and not a horrible one." I tell her. We walk over to our lockers and I open mine up. "Please, I will get on my knees and beg you."

"No you will not." Nattie says, putting her book in her locker.

I get down on my knees and put my hands together, screaming and fake crying. "Please, please, please, please, please." I beg.

"Oh my gosh." She says, looking around at all the please staring at us. "Fine, just shut up."

I laugh and stand. "Yay!" I link arms with her and pull her to the class. "I want to get out of that test, so we need to go to English." I say. "I am sure if I slut it up, I can get out of it."

"This is why you are the actress." She says. "Please do, I did not study."

We walk to class and she goes in and saves our seats. I smile and sit across Mr. Nick's desk. "Hi, Mr. Nick." I say.

"Um, hello Chrissy." He says.

I grab his tie and smile playfully. "Do you want to move that test for me, please." I smile.

His face becomes red and he nods vigorously. I smile and walk back to my seat.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:59 am
thelostone says...

Natalia/Nattie

I sat down and smirked as Chrissy worked her magic on Mr. Nick.

No more test until next week Chrissy wrote on a scrap piece of paper and handed it to me.

Thank god. I scribbled. I was totally not ready for it. So about homecoming, who are you going to go with? Last time I checked you were single, but then again the last time I checked was an hour ago so something might've changed.

I tossed it at Chrissy and pretended to pay attention to Mr. Nick who was writing homework on the board.

Oh I've got someone in mind The note read.

When English was over, Chrissy and I parted ways until lunch. I sat through Physics and Health then trudged over to our usual spot at lunch. I always get the same thing for lunch every day, a bagel with cream cheese, an apple, and yogurt. I plopped down across from Chrissy and bit into my apple.

"So you asked about my date," Chrissy said, picking the pepperoni off her pizza. "Who are you planning on going with? Obviously Jace already has a date."

My cheeks flushed at the sound of his name. "I dunno." I mumbled. "I'll probably go by myself. In case you haven't noticed guys aren't exactly throwing themselves at me."

Chrissy was one of the top guy magnets in school. All the guys drooled over her.

"They don't throw themselves at me!" Her voice got higher as she defended herself. "I mean, it's more like they.. hmm. I take that back." She sighed.

I raised my eyebrows. I knew I was right. When we were freshmen, four upperclassmen asked her out. In the first month.

"They do throw themselves at me. But you're pretty too!" She tried.

"Mmm." I shook my head and finished my apple. "It's fine Chrissy. I'm perfectly happy going by myself."

And I was. I probably would still go by myself even if someone asked me. The only person I wanted to go to the dance with was sitting two tables away to the left, wrapped around his girlfriend.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:13 pm
TaylorLove says...

Chrissy

"Well, we still have to get dresses. If you go by yourself, I will too." I say.

"No, you do not have to do that." She sighs.

"Yes, I do. After school, we can go get our dresses and shoes." I tell her. "I want new clothes."

She rolls her eyes at me. She looks over my shoulder and her eyes go wide. "Um, turn around."

I turn around and my mouth drops open. Justin, the captain of the basket ball team, stands behind me with flowers. "Hi, Chris." He says.

"Hi, Justin." I swear this is the only guy that can make me blush.

"Well, I was wondering if you would like to go to the dance with me?" He asks.

I frown and sigh, but then I smile again. "Although I would love too, I am going with my friend. I will save you a dance though and you can take me on a date." I smile.

He hands me the flowers and kisses my cheek. "I am okay with that." He whispers. He walks away and I turn back to Nattie.

"Oh my gosh." I say.

"Oh my gosh." She repeats.

"Now we have to look extra wonderful. Right after school, I am driving us to that dress shop." I tell her, so excited.

"Fine." She tells, me finishing her bagel. "Now let's go to gym."

We go throw our trash away and go get changed for gym.

--

I swear this is where the sluts shine. Short shorts, tight tops. I mean, yes I am what everyone calls a guy magnet, but I am not a slut. I come out with Nattie and we look as slutty and gross as ever. "I hate this class." She says.

"I do too. I feel like I should be in a strip club." I tell her. All the other girls walk out with pride and Nattie say in the back. "Do you think I can make the teacher choose volleyball instead of running?" I ask.

"I think they beat you too it." She says pointing.

I smile and see all the girls around the gym teacher and I laugh. "Fantastic." I say.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:04 pm
thelostone says...

Natalia/Nattie

As soon as school was over, Chrissy pulled me into her car and squealed. "This is gonna be fun, Nattie!"

I let out a dry laugh. "Oh I'm sure it will."

I'm usually not this hostile, but with today being my birthday and Jace's girlfriend cutting me out of his life, I was a little more on edge.

"Come on," Chrissy sighed, glancing at me while remaining focused on the road. "Lighten up a little. "

I put on a plastic smile and hoisted my legs up on the dash. We pulled into a small boutique filled with brightly colored dresses.

I hung behind Chrissy as she went in and asked for a dressing room.

"Now's the fun part!" She beamed and rushed over to the racks of dresses.

I stood and held out my arms as she eagerly threw dresses into my open arms. When I couldn't hold any more, we went back into the room to change.

"You go first." Chrissy ordered and tossed me a baby pink dress with crystals covering the top half.

I reluctantly slipped into the dress and inspected myself in the mirror.

"Pink is totally your color." Chrissy nodded towards me. "It makes your hair look pretty. The caramel color and pink. It looks nice together."

"It's up in a really sloppy bun, Chrissy!" I laughed and shook off her compliment. "Besides, I'm not digging all the rhinestones on the top."

She rolled her eyes and handed me another dress. It was soft baby blue, flow-y, and strapless with not a single crystal in sight.

I put it on and surprisingly, I was very happy with it. The sweetheart neckline showed off my decent size chest, and the hem stopped right above my knee. I felt pretty in it.

"Okay I take it back!" Chrissy hopped up and spun me around. "This is THE dress. It's perfect, Nattie."

For the first time today, I smiled. Genuinely smiled. I struck a silly pose and pretended to be a model. "What do you think? Does it say 'Dump your girlfriend, Jace. I'm the one for you'"

"Of course!" Chrissy slapped my butt. "Now change, it's my turn!"

Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:50 pm
TaylorLove says...

Chrissy

A lady comes and cleans out all the all of Nattie's beautiful dresses out. I gather all my dresses and take them in. I try on a short, silver, strapless dress and come out. "I feel like a pole dancer." I say.

"You look like a disco ball." Nattie says laughing.

"Next." I say. I run back in and try on a red high low dress. It has a beautiful sweetheart neck line and it really makes me look good. I smile and head out.

"I love that." Nattie exclaims.

"I love it too." I smile and choose that one right then. I walk back into the dressing room and take it off. We go and quickly find some shoes. I got a cute pair of silver heels and so does Nattie. We head over to the counter and Nattie begins to pay but I stop her. "No, I am paying." I say.

"Why would you do that?" She ask me.

"It is your birthday." I tell her. I get out my money and pay for it all.

--

We pull up at my house and I get out of the car. "I keep forgetting how big your house is." Nattie says.

I laugh and lock my car. "Rich parents, big house." I tell her.

"Do you still have your butler?" She ask, laughing a little.

I smile and roll my eyes. "Yes. He is pretty awesome." I say. We go straight into the kitchen I am get out the cake I made for her. "Happy Birthday."

"Yum, this looks good." She says, dragging her hands along the icing and licking it off. "Wonderful."

I sit down at a stole and we both eat the cake with forks. We don't cut it, we just eat what we want and put the rest back in the fridge.

"So what are you going to do about Jace?" I ask.

"I don't know yet." She says, thinking.

"Maybe it is time you just let him go." I say, trying to be as sweet as possible.

"You know I cannot do that. I just can't explain how much he means to me." Nattie say, walking to my room. I follow behind her and sigh.

I plop down on the bed and sigh. "Well, don't do anything stupid." I tell her.

She laughs and plops down too. "I will try my hardest." She tells me.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:43 pm
thelostone says...

Natalia/Nattie

"I'll try my hardest." I promised Chrissy. We silently ate the delicious cake for a little while before I added softly, "Is it that bad?"

"Natalia.." Chrissy sighed and gave me a sympathetic smile.

"So that's a yes?" I groaned.

"Let's not talk about Jace right now." She hopped up and pulled me off the seat. "Come on, let's.. watch a movie! Oh yes, a birthday movie for the birthday girl!"

I chuckled and followed her to the indoor theater. "What's a birthday movie?" I asked.

"A movie the birthday girl picks, DUH."

Chrissy tossed a variety of movies at me. 17 Again, She's the Man, Legally Blonde, Mean Girls, The Last Song, Grease, The Hangover, The Notebook, Bridesmaids, Pretty Woman, and Easy A.

I picked Bridesmaids and handed it back to Chrissy. "Can we have multiple birthday movies?" I asked. "We have to watch most if not all of these! My parents won't care. They never do. Please, Chrissy?" I begged and stuck out my bottom lip.

"Hmm, we'll see." She laughed and sat next to me. "Here. Your favorite." She gave me a box of Swedish Fish with a small red bow on the top.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:05 pm
TaylorLove says...

Chrissy

We begin to watch Easy A and I swear I am dying. "What? Who told you. We were going to wait for the right time." Nattie exclaims, quoting the movie.

"When a man and a woman love each other very much, like your mother and I use to." I say, quoting it as well.

"Sometimes your insides just don't cooperate!" We both yell, just laughing. I got our butler to pop a bowl of pop corn and we watch movie after movie. I hear grunting and screaming and walk to my parents room and begin to bang on the door.

"I do not want to be an older sister. Use protection and keep it down." I say to them.

"I cannot believe you just did that." Nattie says.

"Well, I do not want to here them doing it." I tell her, plopping back down on the couch. "Do you just want to sleep over? I mean it is already really late."

"I will text and ask." She says, getting out her phone. I get up and put Mean Girls in and press play. "I feel like over half the school is as stereotypical as this movie."

"I agree. I do not think we are like anyone in this movie." I tell her, eating more popcorn.

"I do not think we are either. If you were, I would not hang out with you." She say, eyes glued to the screen.

"I would not hang out with you either." I say.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:20 pm
thelostone says...

Natalia/Nattie

I stuff Swedish Fish into my mouth as I turn and look at Chrissy. "Chrissy?" I ask. "If you're from Africa, why are you white?"

"Oh my gosh, Natalia!" She gasps. "You can't just ask people why they're white!"

We collapse over in giggles and my phone buzzes in my pocket.

Sure, you can stay at Chrissy's. Your father and I are out with friends right now. Don't know when we'll be home tomorrow, love you-Mom

I sigh and toss my crap phone to the side.

"Everything alright?" Chrissy wrinkled her eyebrows in concern.

"Yeah." I lie. "My mom said I can stay. They're out again."

Chrissy looks at me for a moment before nodding. "Alright, babe."

When Mean Girls was over, I clasped my side trying to stop laughing. "Okay," I giggled. "I can't laugh anymore, my sides will split. We have to watch something sad now."

She grabbed The Notebook and The Last Song. "Which one?"

"The Notebook." I pointed. "It's a Ryan Gosling night."

She put it in and we sighed, totally in awe of Noah and Allie's relationship.

"Why would Allie reject such a stud like Noah?" I asked, as Regina George turned Noah down at the carnival.

"I have no idea." Chrissy shrugged. "I would climb that like a tree."

I laughed. "Geez, we are just on fire tonight!"

We sat and watched the movie and as Allie and Noah ran towards each other, I couldn't help thinking that could be me and Jace. He would realize we were meant for each other and we could finally be together.

I smiled to myself at the thought and sat through the sad ending.

"What time is it?" I yawned.

"About 1." Chrissy stretched and groaned. "Come on, let's go upstairs."

I followed her to her huge bedroom, and we collapsed on her giant plush bed. I was just beginning to drift off before Chrissy nudged me awake.

"Nattie?" She whispered.

"Mmm?" I grumbled, forcing my eyes to open.

"Do you like when your parents go out?" She asked softly.

"No." I admitted.

"Are you okay?"

I took in a deep breath and stared at the ceiling. "They didn't even say anything about my birthday today." I bit my lip, trying to keep the tears away. "They're never around, I'm practically raising myself. Even when they are home, they're too busy working to pay attention to me." A single tear fell down my face, but Chrissy wiped it away. "You and Jace. You're all I have."

"I'll always be here for you, Nat." She twirled a strand of my hair around her finger. "You're like my sister, and I know you feel the same. I'm sorry I asked. Let's just get some sleep. We can make banana chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast in the morning."

I looked over at her, grateful for having Chrissy. "Sounds good to me, babe." I whispered.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:36 am
TaylorLove says...

Chrissy

I wake up the next morning to someone knocking on my door. "Come in." I moan. It was my dad and I sit up. "Hey, daddy." I say. He walks over and sits on the edge of the bed.

"I wanted to say bye before I went to work. I told Martin I would wake you up for school this morning." He says.

"Awe, thank you daddy." I say, kissing his cheek.

"No problem. See you after school." He tells me. I wave goodbye and he walks out the door. I smirk and get up on the bed. I start jumping up and down.

"Wake up Nattie." I scream.

"You are cruel, so cruel." Nattie says, sitting up.

"It is part of my lovely charm." I laugh. I jump off the bed and scream just a little more. "Oh, Martin."

A few seconds later he comes in the door. "Yes, Miss Christina?" He says.

"My dad left, you don't have to call me that." I laugh.

He smile nods. "Yes, Chrissy?" He corrects himself.

"Will you fix us up some banana chocolate chip pancakes, please?" I ask.

"Oh, course." He says. He walks out of the room and I go and close the door.

"Time to get ready. Borrow anything you need." I say. I run and jump in the shower and wash my hair and body. Nattie goes and takes a shower in the guest bedroom. I get out of the shower and do my normal routine. I blow dry my hair, curl it and put on some make up. I go into my closet and change into a red skirt that flows out and is pretty short. Not slut short. I put a white lacey top on and my black leather jacket. I put my heels on and come out of the closet and find Nattie already dressed.

"Well, don't you look cute." She says.

"That outfit looks really cute on you." I tell her. I walk over and grab my red, stretchy headband with a bow and put it in. "I smell food, let's go eat."

"I am right behind you." She says.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:01 am
thelostone says...

Natalia/Nattie

I dug through Chrissy's closet, trying to find a pair of sweats or something. Under all the skirts and frilly blouses I finally gave up and put on a tight dark blue v-neck and black skinny jeans. Now shoes. I already knew I would have to wear heels. Chrissy is definitely a heels girl. I settled on a pair of wedges the same shade as my shirt.

I kept my damp hair down, allowing it to form the soft spiral curls I was born with.

Chrissy came out, in an average Chrissy outfit.

She complimented my-well her-clothes and we followed our noses downstairs.

Two perfectly stacked banana chocolate chip pancakes at each place were waiting for us. I hungrily sat down and inhaled my pancakes.

"Hey Chrissy," I mumble, pancakes in my mouth. "Remember when we tried to make these at my house?"

She swallows her mouthful and laughs. "Yes! How can I forget? You got batter all over my Gucci purse!"

"Hey now, you splattered it all over me first!" I defended. "I was just getting revenge! I was aiming for your face, but I guess I missed.."

We shoveled the sweet pancakes into our mouths and smiled at each other, reliving the memories.

"Excuse me, ladies." Martin peeked in. "It is 7:30. You're going to be late for school."

I groaned and tossed my head back. "Why is it only Thursday?" I cried.

"Thanks, Martin. We'll be leaving soon." Chrissy shooed him away and we finished our breakfast.

Chrissy strutted out to her cute little mini cooper and hopped in the driver's seat.

"Come on, now!" She shouted.

I wobbled down the pavement and fell into the car. "Sorry!" I panted. "Not used to wearing these." I gestured towards my shoes.

"Yeah, we're gonna have to fix that before homecoming, doll." Chrissy pursed her lips and drove us to school.

When we pulled into the parking lot I immediately saw Jace's red truck.

"Hey, Chris," I said still staring. "I'm gonna go talk to Jace. I'll catch up with you soon."

She glanced at her watch. "You have fifteen minutes. Go."

I blew her a quick kiss and wobbled some more over to the truck. I spotted Jace next to it, his brown hair popped out over the car. When I rounded the truck, he was wrapped around a blonde.

I cleared my throat and they split apart.

"Hey, Nattie!" Jace ran over to me and gave me the quickest hug ever. "You look..different."

He must have seen the embarrassment in my face because he added, "A good kind of different."

"Uh, thanks." I looked over his shoulder at the glaring blonde. "Hi, Lindsay." I waved towards his girlfriend, giving her the most plastic smile I could muster.

She rolled her eyes.

"Nat, I'll text you later okay?" Jace smiled and the butterflies fluttered in my stomach.

I nodded.

He quickly pecked my cheek and hurried off with Lindsay.

Now where's Chrissy?

Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:45 am
TaylorLove says...

Chrissy

I go to my locker and open it. A note falls out and I bend down to pick it up. To the most beautiful girl in the world, from the most lucky guy ever. I hope you have a wonderful day and I cannot wait till our date. I smile and blush like crazy and put it in my purse and get every thing I need out of my locker.

"Chrissy!" Nattie yells.

"Here." I scream. "Please wear these clothes all the time. Everyone is looking at you." I nudge her. She almost falls and I just laugh.

"Um, no thank you." She says.

I roll my eyes and just keep walking. I see Justin in the hallway and he walks over to me. "Hey, Chris."

"Thanks for the note it was really sweet." I tell him.

"I wanted to brighten up your morning." He laughs and I swear my heart drops.

"You did." I tell him. "Well, I should go to class. I will see you at lunch though."

"See you then." He says and walks away.

"Okay, you two are so going to be the new power couple at school." Nattie says.

I laugh and sigh. "I will see you later and I have to get the details on Jace." I say, walking down the hallway.

--

"Chrissy, do this scene." The drama teacher.

"Ms. Anderson, I do not know if I feel comfortable doing this scene." I tell her.

"I thought it fit you." She says.

I stare at her. "Um, it is about a slut about to have sex with her brother. I am not a slut and I am on only child."

She laughs. "Well rumor has it you are the school slut." She mumbles under her breath.

I am taken aback and I slam my hand on the desk. "Excuse me?"

She jumps and I stand up. "You sit down."

"No way in hell." I say. I go around the room. "Have I had sex with you?" I ask, pointing to the first guy.

"No." He say, innocently.

That's right. I do this for all the guys and then I get to the last guy. The jerk of the school. "Did I have sex with you?" I ask.

"No, but you sill can." He laughs, grinning.

That is when I lose it and I smack him right across the face. "Young lady, go to the.." Then I cut her off.

"I am going." I say and I walk down the hallway to his office. I tell him everything that happened and he just told me not to make a habit of it and said that this was the last straw for Ms. Anderson. I thank him and walk to my class with Nattie.

"Hey, are you okay." Nattie ask.

"Just peachy. I think I got a teacher fired." A smile plays across my lips and it is the most fake smile I think I have ever made.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:24 am
thelostone says...

Natalia/Nattie

Chrissy flashes me a smile, and I know there's something she's holding back.

"We'll talk about this later?" I nudge her softly.

She nods and I see a small glimmer of hurt in her eyes. I squeeze her arm slightly to let her know I'm there for her and we walk towards class.

"Hey, Chrissy." I held out my hand stopping her from moving.

"What?"

"Do you hear that?" I turn towards the moaning sound.

"No. What are you-"

I pull her around the corner cutting her off. "Come on, this way!" We creep past the english department, to Mr. Salem's room. I peer into the window and gasp.

"Holy shit, Chrissy." I duck and clasp my hands over my mouth.

She popped up and looked into the window.

"Nattie, It's-"

"Lindsay." We say together.

"Chrissy! I-What?!" I say kinda hysterical. "Lindsay and Mr.Salem! Chrissy, what about Jace we have to do something!"

"Oh my god." She whispers.

"What do we do?!"

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
— Mitch Hedberg