Young Writers Society

The Restaurant at the End of the Universes

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:25 am
jimdandy says...

Dean

"Is this the man, son?"
I looked over and looked at a big, burly man along side the fellow I had quarreled with. Look at the size of him!I thought, Haven't seen one as big as him before
"Yes, father." the young brigand confirmed between clenched teeth. I turned pale, I was gonna get it now...
"Well then, what do you say would be an appropriate punishment for his... Crime."
I was nervous, maybe shaking a little bit. I looked around the table, everyone was looking, waiting for my next move. I stood up and moved into the spaces between tables.
"Shall we settle this like gentlemen?" I asked loudly, "I propose a duel, does anyone have a rapier handy?" I could only hope that my fencing practice could pay off here and now.
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus
"I didn't lie! I just created fiction with my mouth." - Homer

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:11 am
kayfortnight says...

Korina

Idiot. Dean was standing up to the pirate, calling for a rapier, of all things. I sighed. Of course. Medieval fantasy dude. He probably had never met a problem that couldn't be solved with a rapier.

Tossing my gun on the table, I strode over. "Get out of the way."

He looked at me, confused, and I repeated, "Get out of the way," shoving him away. Then I gave the pirate a little smile.

He snorted. "Little girl, exactly what do you think-" I kneed him in the groin, cutting him off, and pulled him off balance, sending him crashing to the floor. His son started towards me.

I grabbed my gun off the table and held it to the back of his neck. "Call off your goons or I'll shoot. I've killed creatures more worthy of a life than you before."
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:17 pm
VeniVidiVici says...

Haze

My head felt like I had been beaten again. I woke up and groggily rubbed my eyes. My black hair fell smoothly in front of my face. I rubbed the tips of my hair, feeling the cleanliness of it. Slowly I began to realize where I was.
"Would you like to order any nourishment or beverages?" a spirit said.
"What the fuck?" I instinctively yelled. I was thrown back in surprise. My heart began pounding. I've never seen a place so... reflective.

I noticed something was going on in the distance. I hid behind one of the booths. A knife on the table was my only weapon against attack. It was more than enough. Slavers. It was easy enough to move around unseen and undetected. I was not going to go surrendering. I chewed my lip-skin. In a matter of seconds someone had reversed the situation around. The slavers ran with their tails between their legs. I spat on the floor they stepped on.

The group nearby was eyeing me cautiously as I approached. Especially the girl, as I was obviously headed towards them. I stopped when I reached a suitable distance.
"Hey, I'm Korina." the girl said.
I stayed quiet. I stared at her, examining her physical attributes. She had bigger breasts than I. Then again, most girls had larger breasts than I. I don't know why it bothered me. It just did. Looking behind her I saw a man in the most dashing attire I've ever seen in my free life. His sword gleaned in the light. He looked at me staring and laid a hand on the scabbard. Some members of the group already lost interest in me. I moved closer. There was a small ball of fur sniffing a milky liquid on the table. My heart jumped.

"A mini-desert lion!" I squealed. It was overpoweringly adorable. I couldn't lay my eyes off it. It was a small version of the enormous beasts in the deserts to the west. I ran to grab it and hold it. The mini-desert lion jumped incredibly high to avoid my grasp.
"Human, Leave me to my affairs." the mini-desert lion said. I could not resist anymore. All of my attention was on this creature. I couldn't bring myself to look away. Never have I seen something so unbearably cute! It bounced a safe distance away, its tail wiggling slightly. It spoke, and it was intelligible. I lunged for the creature hoping to capture it in my arms. I wished to hug it to death.
~I Came, I Saw, I Conquered~

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:08 pm
View Likes
rainbowcabbit says...

Ky:
Somewhere between the Darksiders' visiting and leaving, a waitress had managed to place a with a white liquid in it. Sniffing the bowl cautiously, I note that it smells like- OH DEAR GODS AND GODDESSES IS THAT MILK?! But before I could drink the sweet liquid a voice squeals "A MINI-DESERT LION!?" I looked up to see two hands lunging towards me and instantly I jump away. What the heck was going on here? The arms' owner leered at me. She was a black-haired girl. Her eyes sparkled and shone in a wild way.
"Human," I demanded trying to sound as intelligent and brave as possible so that maybe the female would leave me alone, "leave me to my affairs."
Instead of obeying my wishes, she pounced at me. Scared to death, I tried to flee, but the human managed to catch me by the waist.
"SQUEAK!" I blurt out.
"OH MY GOD YOU ARE SO CUTE!" she screamed, readjusting her grip on me so it was right below my front legs.
Then she began to squeeze me with all her might. She squeezed so hard I felt as if she was going to crush my bones and insides. I wailed out for help. I did not like being squeezed this hard, nor did I like being held by a human that wasn't Cynthia or Mary.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:21 pm
Holysocks says...

Taylor

"Help!" I Hear coming from the talking kitty. It seems to be getting smothered by a girl... who appears to have never seen a house cat before.

"Stop it!" I yell at her, and stand up quickly. The girl doesn't really notice, so, I dash over and gently, but firmly, pry her arms of the cat. I set the kitty down on the table again and look back to the girl, she looks incredulous, her mouth shut tight, jaw flexing, and I think I might have even seen one of her eyes twitch.

"What did you do that for?!" She yells at me.

"You were hurting the poor thing." I say.

"I. WAS. NOT."

"Yes..." I sigh, "You were."

I head back for my seat, and pull out a chair for the girl, who glares at me, but takes the seat. I sit down too, and look around at everybody.

"So, why are we here?"
100% autistic

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:52 pm
kayfortnight says...

[/b]

"So why are we here?" Taylor asks.

I grin. "Well, because some particles of matter coalesced together forming living organisms that evolved in response to their environment-"

"Not funny."

"Okay." I shrug. "Presuming we were brought here for a reason, we're probably hostages. Not that anyone would ransom me, but it's really the only thing that makes sense. Perhaps taken as a personal incentive? I know a few vaguely important people."

A waitress swoops by and asks the new girl, "What would you like to eat?"

I mumble under my breath, "I'm really beginning to hate this place."
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:01 pm
VeniVidiVici says...

Haze

I took the seat, but I didn't like it. I hate being told what to do. I did not realize the creature was intelligible on a human level. I would hate to be grasped against my will as well. The man stared at me quizzically when he looked at my face. I think my eye might have twitched again. An undesirable result from previous fights and injuries. I never have been around so many people who weren't trying to kill me, enslave me, or rob me. It was alien.

I ignore the waitress, I don't trust any food I haven't killed or picked myself. "Have you ever seen a cat before?" the man said.
"Where I come from, a 'cat' is the top predator of the wilderness. It has fangs the size of your head, and claws so sharp, they can cleave a dancing forest-deer in two, in one swipe. So I apologize if I found this miniature harmless creature so irresistible." I fumed.
The man looked at me with wary eyes. The cat as it was called, also leered at me with caution. They were on high alert. Here, I was the crazy one apparently.
"You mean like a lion?" he further questions.
"No, not like a lion dumbass. Can a lion cleave a dancing forest-deer in two? Does it have fangs as large as your head? No. A desert lion is a desert lion, a lion is more or less a large version of, that." I pointed to the cat. The man seemed off put by my offense.

The cat was eagerly lapping up the milk. I couldn't help but feel envy. My stomach growled.
"I say we get the fuck out of here. Who's with me?" I yell to no one in particular. Usually my vigorous attitude wins the attention and favor of those around me. Then again these weren't hopeless souls. The most I managed to get were blank stares. I shut up to not look stupid anymore. I had a feeling these people were of a different material than the people back home.
"I agree, leaving this place is the best course of action." Korina said.
"I don't know, this milk is heavenly." the kitten said. He had a worried look in his eye. It was as if he was missing someone. The dashing man spoke.
"We all have our desire for home. It is not a matter of if we want to, it is how. It is moments like these I wish I had a sorcerer or magician by my side."

He was right. I heard my heart thrash with traveling blood as the chains of restraint surrounded my soul. I wished to hug the cat.
~I Came, I Saw, I Conquered~

61 Reviews

Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:56 am
rainbowcabbit says...

Ky:
According to the very weird ponmikian ((He's not exactly a cat, but he closely resembles one. He's a tiny bit more cabbit like though. Cabbits are half cat half rabbit)) speaking people, who don't really speak my language apparently, we need to get home. I don't need to be told that, though, because despite this wonderful milk I need to get back to Cynthia. I hope she's alright... If she were here she would know what to do. I bow down my head in a moment of sadness, but then the answer strikes me.
"Hey!" I call to a waitress, though she isn't a waitress. She's more like a dragon goat thing.
"Yes?" she asks, "More milk?"
"No, we're done. How do we get back home?"

Reviews: 1
Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:11 am
CyberScout says...

-Unknown man in a suit-
I walk into the room and laugh at the suggestion that they might be leaving. "You don't get home. You're here for a reason. If you are here, you have a special power that none of the others in your species have. I know not what this power is, but what I do know is that I brought you here to get rid of you. You're dangerous enough to save your worlds, and I need them. They hold life, and I seek to end that. My troops will storm your planets and eliminate all life, once all inhabitable planets are gone, they will.. kill themselves, and once the last of them is gone, I die too." I shot a human in the foot. " Any more questions before It's over?"

61 Reviews

Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:24 am
rainbowcabbit says...

I glare at the strange guy in the suit. I give him a nasty glare before forcing myself to regurgitate the poisonous milk. "No way, " I tell him, "The Keys do you want to do that for?!" I twitch my tail in discomfort. He reminds me of someone I don't want to mention.

Reviews: 1
Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:08 am
CyberScout says...

-Unknown man in a suit-
"I am known formally as The Lich, it is my destiny to end this universe and all others that contain life, so new ones may start, worlds without violence, or war. Wouldn't a sacrifice of Hundreds of trillions of lives be worth a little peace? You may not think like I do, but that is besides the matter. Now to getting you out of the way." *Pulls out knife and lunges at the cat thing*

61 Reviews

Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:21 am
rainbowcabbit says...

The man's knife easily strikes me in the chest by surprise. I should have expected this. Blood and pain ooze from the fresh wound, but I don't pull the knife out. This knife reminds me too much of that human. Too much. I can already feel the hatred that I thought I had forgotten resurface and begin to boil over. I whip around to stare at the man, now pathetic without a knife. All I can see is HIM. His ice blue eyes. His evil smirk. His overwhelmingly white lab coat. His fetish for destruction and his ideas that it would create a better world. Without much thought I leap for The Lich's throat, claws out.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:50 am
Mageheart says...

Oceanus:
I feel around me as I come to. Why am I on the cold floor, and not in Will's arms? This reminds me too much of that time, and I anxiously hop to my feet. My gaze scans the room. There's all sorts of creatures, and though I had the hood to my hoodie pulled up, I push it down. It doesn't seem to matter that I'm not human. No one even throws me a confused glance.
And then I notice what looks to be a cat trying to slit a human in a suit's throat. I rush over, my long blue ponytail bouncing up and down as I do so. I don't who is the good guy here-I don't even know where I am, and quite honestly I just want to be with my genius idiot again-and I pull the cat off of him. Something inside of me screams to put it down, but I go against my natural instincts and cling to it.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:47 am
View Likes
FallWolf says...

-Winkilia Bomade (just call me Wink)

The blue fuzz around my eyes fades away and the scene comes to focus. Jayson stood beside me, blowing on the still-smoking vortex machine.

"Where are we do you think?" I ask him quietly. Around me chaos ensues. There's a girl with wide eyes and blue hair holding a growling cat-like creature, a strange man sneering grimly and wiping the front of his pristine suit, a group of what looks like jello in the corner, having a conversation with a red-haired woman with a lizards tail and feet. Lumbering around are a couple cows and lambs, chatting with people sitting at tables.

"Well... it's a restaurant." Jayson tells me uncertainly.

"I know that. I mean, it's clearly some sort of gathering place."
Jayson hands me a booklet from a rack on the wall. Funny I hadn't noticed it there... I must have been too caught up with all the action happening in the room. I look at the booklet, reading the gold-embossed words.

"Welcome to the Resturant at the End of the Universe."

"Oh no," Jayson groans, reading over my shoulder. "Why do we always get the weird places."

"It's not my fault! You are the one who started the vortex machine... even if you say it was an accident."

"What, you think I enjoy travelling through-through whatever timey weirdy things we fall into?! I was quite happy on earth leading a very normal life as an aspiring machinist until you showed up in your crazy rocket ship thing."

A lump grows in my throat, but I don't let Jayson see. He's from earth, so he has no idea what I've been through. He doesn't need to know, either.

The cat in the blue haired lady's arms throws a scratching fit, finally breaking free and racing across the floor. Suit starts shouting at Blue-Hair, and to my horror I see a knife appear in his hands! Not thinking, I lung forward, quickly changing from my usual human guise into a Starbeast. Black, glistening feather wings unfold from my back. My ears grow and sharpen, my arms and legs become padded paws, and my face narrows down to a hawk-like cat profile. Crouching, a revel for a moment in the feel of being my true winged-black cat self. Then I wind my lithe body through the thoroughfare to Blue-Hair and Suit, my sharp blue eyes picking out every detail. I see the knife glancing keenly in the light, Blue-Hairs eyes widen in horror, Suits grim smile. I leap, my wings out for balance, and land smack on top of that evil smile.

"Crocodile tears." Jayson yells at me. As much as I can, I roll my eyes at him.

[i]"What is that even supposed to mean?[i/] I ask him. He has the grace to look a little embarrassed.

"It's a human expression." he mumbles quietly.
Last edited by FallWolf on Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:49 am
Mageheart says...

Oceanus:

Apparently, grabbing the cat was a bad idea. Not only did the cat viciously scratch at my face, but then Suit Guy decided to yell how he wanted to kill my kind.
First things first.
Will would probably be having a heart attack right now. I could imagine it clearly. My knight would be screaming for me to actually think-which, dear reader, you know is quite impossible-and would be standing on the sidelines despite his recent sword lessons.
Second: Triton would be diplomatic. My older brother would talk to the insane guy before me, and in the end would manage to come to some sort of an agreement.
In an ideal situation, I would be running in there and waving my broadsword around.
However, the best I can do is yell at the strange cat person. "Hey!" I shout. I wave my hands and jump up and down in an attempt to get someone's attention. "I can protect myself!"
Well, I would be able to if I hadn't been whisked off to this place when I was laying in my pajamas in my bed with Will.
So no sword for Oceanus.
You get the feeling that the gods of Olympus really hate you sometimes.
Especially me, because a second later someone materializes in the air above me and knocks me to the ground with a startled yelp.

Spoiler! :
Hi @FallWolf! It's nice to have someone to roleplay with here! :D I just wanted to clarify something for you, and to provide descriptions of my characters to make it a lot easier for Wink to talk about them.
The thing I wanted you to know is that Oceanus is actually a boy. I snickered when I read that you thought he was a girl, because that's a joke brought up over and over again in the actual story he's from.
Here's the descriptions for Oceanus and the new guy, Schadel.

Oceanus:

-sharp teeth -black tattoos run up his arms
-trident necklace
-long blue hair in a low ponytail -bright blue lipstick
-blue eyes -mascara and dark blue eyeshadow
-average height -trident necklace -green tinted skin
-feminine face -gills -webbing between fingers and toes
-white button up pajamas

Schadel:

-all black clothing -silver eyes -silver runes on clothing
-black cloak with runes -silver skull necklace
-bandages over his entire body
-small scythe on back covered by equally dirty bandages -average height

Well, thanks for reading this really long post and I can't to roleplay with you some more! :D
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

You are beautiful because you let yourself feel, and that is a brave thing indeed.
— Shinji Moon