z

Young Writers Society

High school romance destined for failure...

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:10 am
BreatheToWrite says...

Just wanted to start a role play so make sure to help me out and we can see where this story goes!
Plot of story:
The main character, Alisa, is in love with her best friend, Hannah. Obviously you can see the problem here. So, let's begin:)

Alisa
This is my junior year of high school and I'm still a loner, I think sulkily to myself.

"Hey, now. Its our first day of our junior year! Smile!"

I jump at the voice, but relax once I realize who it belongs to. Hannah. She has been my best friend since middle school and I'm madly in love with her. Maybe this will be the year I tell her.

"Where is your class?" I ask her.

"Uh, room 104. Yours?" she says as she looks at her class schedule.

"The same!" I exclaim as my heart flutters so fast I'm sure it will fly away.

"Awesome! Let's get going."

She giggles as she grabs my hand and pulls me to room 104. I turn so red I can feel my face burning.

I can tell this is going to be a good year:)

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:33 am
neko says...

I'm not quite sure, but I'm assuming both Alisa and Hannah are girls? Also, are you RPing Hannah as well as Alisa or is that open? I'm interested in this :)
Listen up!
The future is bulletproof!
The aftermath is secondary!
It's time to do it now and do it loud!
Killjoys, make some noise!

Random avatar

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:44 am
BreatheToWrite says...

Yes this is RP, Hannah and Alisa are girls, and yes from both points of view. Sorry I'm responding so late.

5 Reviews

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:50 am
neko says...

Cool beans. My character is a guy. Who likes Alisa. Hope that's cool?

Charlie

I look up as the door clatters open and two girls rush in. Hannah. And..... Alisa. I quickly look away, then back, then away, face burning, heart pounding.

Alisa. I can't tear my gaze away.

Beacause... Classic reason.

I've had the biggest crush on her since forever.

"Please God, please let her sit next to me. Or in front of me" I beg silently, trying not to make it too obvious I'm staring at her.
Listen up!

Random avatar

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:15 am
BreatheToWrite says...

Alisa
I walk in to the classroom with Hannah tugging on my arm. She drags me to the back corner of desks. Hannah takes the one in front of me. I turn to look and see who is all around me. Not too many familiar faces. Oh! I recognize the guy to my right. I can't remember his name for the life of me, but I have seen him before. "Hey," I say, tapping him on the shoulder. "Do I know you?" He turns a bright red and gets a panicked look on his face. He opens his mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. "Are you okay?" I ask him. Hannah turns around with a confused look on her face.

" Are you talking to me, Cuppy?" she asks me. I feel a race of butterflies race through my stomach as she calls me that. It was a nickname she had given me awhile back, although, when i had asked her why she called me that, she never gave me an answer. So I eventually just let her call me it.

The boys face next to me portrays confusion, as would anyone who had heard her call me "Cuppy." I start to answer Hannah's question so I can explain the nickname to the boy, but the teacher interrupts with the welcoming speech.

:)

5 Reviews

Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:54 am
neko says...

"CHARLIE!" I finally manage to blurt out, feeling my face redden.

"I mean m-my name is Charlie. We sat next each other on the bus last year!" I stammer, remembering the way she automatically would sit with me, every day. I hoped for ages that it was because she.... liked me. But eventually, I realised that after months of sitting in silence next to each other, save for the occasinal awkward conversation, she only sat with me simply because we were from the same school.
Still, It was the best part of my day, the small smile she'd give me as she sat down, the smell of her hair, the occasional brush of her smooth leg against mine.

Suddenly I snap to the present as I realise she's looking at me like I'm deranged.

"Um did you want to sit here?? Or um... yeah..." I trail off as I realise the teacher is speaking
Listen up!

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:30 pm
Spotswood says...

I guess I'll play too. I shall portray a character named Finn Seymour. He is a seventeen-year old junior who is an intellectual and a bit of a nerd, but not the awkward kind. He is single, decently good looking, and tries to avoid drama as best he can, however he has a thing for Alissa as well. Let's do this.

- It's the first day of school...again. Unlucky for me, my house is about two hours away, so I'm staying in the dorms here. Last night was my second night here. Yesterday was the orientation for those who are boarding here. This is my third year at this school. Anyway, I haven't had a major crush on a girl since my freshman year. Her name was Karen. I was such an awkward kid back then. I sort of stalked her to tell the truth.

So, there's this other girl named Alissa whom I sort of like. At first, I overlooked her beauty. I didn't think she was that pretty until halfway through my sophomore year. Now I realize she's the most beautiful girl here. I had a couple of classes with her last year, and I always liked to make her laugh. She always told me how funny I was.

But she doesn't know I like her. Frankly, I am too scared to admit it. I'm scared of rejection. I've been there before.

Anyway, I was really excited when I found out that Alissa and I were in the same philosophy elective class along with my old friend Julia. We were also in the same English class, which was the first class of the day.

I got dressed and I woke up my roommate Kyle, who had stayed up all night playing his Xbox and we went to breakfast.

After breakfast I went to English class. There was an empty seat to Alissa's left, so I casually sat down. I saw her talking to this other boy. I knew he didn't board here, but I'd seen him around. He seemed like a nice kid, but I'd never really talked to him. I tapped Alissa on the back and I smiled at her.

"Good morrow to thee, Alissa," I said in my English accent (she always loved my accents. "How art thou faring upon this fine morn? Did you have a good summer?"
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

5 Reviews

Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:12 am
neko says...

I frown, jealousy surging through me as another guy - Frank or Finn or something - barges in and starts talking to Alissa.

"Oi. Excuse me mate, she was talking to me" I say, pulling off a much better british accent than his.
Listen up!

Random avatar

Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:39 pm
BreatheToWrite says...

Alisa
I turn to laugh and make a comment as Hannah turns around. "Oi, shut it you twats! If anyone has the better accent, it is most definatly me," she comments as she presses her palm to her chest.

I laugh at Hannah's failed attempt at a British accent. She gives me a bright smile and I soon feel the redness creep up to my cheeks.

"Honestly, Alisa you're so cute when you blush," Hannah says leaning in real close.

I hear one of the guys mumble something under their brdeath and I turn to ask what they said and right then the teacher looks at me and says, "What are your four talking about back there? Care to share with the class?"

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:39 am
Pan says...

I'll butt in too, I suppose.
Her name is Penelope, but people call her Nell. She's shy, and has these pretty blue-ish green eyes that change according to her mood.
She's a new student in the school, and cousins with Alisa (if that's Okay..) :D
--
I walked toward my first hour of the day. It was my junior year of high school, and it was at a new school.
I knocked tentatively on the door of the classroom once I reach it. After a few moments, it is opened by a girl who barely looks at me, just turns around and sits back down in her seat.
"U-Uh.. H-Hello." I mumbled toward the teacher, who looked to be angry at a few students in the back.
He cleared his throat, throwing a glare at the students, then turned to me. "Hello, miss?"
"M-Martin, Penelope." I replied quickly. "New student."
"Ah, Miss Martin, Please have a seat anywhere, but do obey the rules, they're posted over there." The teacher replied, pointing to the wall with a large poster stapled to it. My eyes scanned it and I nodded, slowly edging my way to the back of the classroom, to sit behind a boy who was blushing as he looked at the girl next to him, who was turned to the boy on her other side. They hadn't been paying attention.
Anyways, I watched the teacher as he spoke, and gave the students a lecture. Suddenly feel the urge to sneeze, I covered my face and tried to silence it as it slipped out.
The boy in front of me turned around and mumbled 'bless you' politely, so I smiled back.
That's when a voice called my name. A familiar voice.
"NELL!"
I AM THE PAN.
BEWARE MY KITCHEN UTENSIL-Y GLORY!
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

We are all broken. That's how the light gets in.
— Ernest Hemingway