z

Young Writers Society

Los Angeles

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:43 pm
PixieStix says...

Welcome to Los Angeles!

The only city where stars are spotted and dreams come true!
There are malls, beaches, hotels, neighborhoods, arenas, etc.

We hope your stay is enjoyable!

Usual YWS rules. :D
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

125 Reviews

Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:49 pm
PixieStix says...

Jackie

It's been a while since I've been to a concert. Around three years. Rayah is in the passenger seat, blabbering on about how much she loves Nic Carter. Like, what's so special about him? Sure, he's a rockstar, has a million girls at his feet. But what's the chance of him actually dating a girl like her?

I sigh, blocking her out, until we get there. The meet'n'greet.

Great.

I walk towards the door with her. "Oh my gosh, Jacks! Look! It's him!"

He's taking pictures with a bunch of girls, around five people in front of us. This is gonna kill me. And before we know it, we're the next ones up.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:58 pm
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Nic

"Dude, I honestly don't understand," I say. "What exactly is it about fame, thousands of screaming girls, and boat-loads of cash that turns you off to this lifestyle, Jace? I could, like, make you my back-up or something."

Jace rolls his eyes and leads me by the elbow down the hall toward the Meet and Greet section backstage. I don't know why he insists on doing this himself, but with every concert he refuses to not act like a seeing-eye-dog for me. I'm not blind, I hope he knows.

"If I have to answer that question one more time, Nic, I might just murder you in your sleep," he jokes.

It's my turn to roll my eyes, and our passing through the last corridor prevents me from responding. Instead, I smile as wide and cockily as I can and step in front of the camera with whoever so happens to show up. These things are all the same. You sign a few pictures of yourself--sometimes some skin--and take umpteen million photos with underage girls who think you're their God. Maybe that's why Jace doesn't like this, and why he stands by the door and out of the spotlight, looking anywhere except at me.

Yeah, well. This is my freaking show.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:03 pm
PixieStix says...

Jackie

Oh god no. She forces me to come with her, and he's just standing there. He first sees her, and she makes him sign her wrist before he takes a picture. Tey exchange names and I'm practically rolling my eyes.

But then he looks at me. He eyes me, which makes me feel kind of uncomfortable, and I look at Rayah, "C'mon, lets go before I die."

82 Reviews

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:09 pm

Nic

I wish I could say stuff like this happens often, me being me, but it doesn't. One moment I'm signing a girl's wrist, taking a photo, getting her name which I probably won't remember five minutes later, and the next I'm faced with someone I have absolutely have no clue how to act around. It's like I freeze, and I hate that.

Maintaining my smile, I muster a chuckle at the girl's comment. Instead of deflecting it like I sometimes have to, I seem to take offense. Something seems to be crawling under my skin, burning in my stomach and through my veins.

Oh hell no. I am not sweating. Not over one girl.

"C'mon, sweetheart, I'm not that bad," I say. "What's your name?"
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:13 pm
PixieStix says...

Jackie

"Jackie," I reply, leaning against the wall as Rayah practically clings to Nic's torso, "And yes you are. Acting like a badboy when I know inside your some soft little nerd. I know how you superstars work. You just do this for the fame, and girls. You guys aren't even talented."

"Jackie!" Rayah gasps, "He is perfect! How dare you say that?"

I shrug, sizing Nic up before going silent.

82 Reviews

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:22 pm

Nic

The one girl clings to my torso, and out of spite for the other one I keep an arm wrapped around her. It takes everything within me to keep my jaw from setting, but I can't help but narrow my eyes at Jackie. The corner of my smile twitches, but after that I reclaim my resolve and allow myself to slip back into the suave, happy-go-lucky superstar I've painted myself to be.

"Is that so?" I ask.

I keep any trace of emotion out of my voice, not wanting to seem affected. The last thing I need is another lecture from Jace on keeping my cool in public. Especially after last month's tabloids.

"Well, sweetheart, you can go on thinking whatever it is you'd like. No one's gonna stop you," I say through my teeth, smiling behind her at the other fans.

The crawling under my skin has stopped, replaced by heat. Lifting my gaze from the other fans, I size her up just as she does me.

People really don't hate me that much, do they? I mean, how can they?
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:27 pm
PixieStix says...

Jackie

"Thats nice. C'mon Rayah, I'm going home," I drag her out and she practically tackles me. She's lecturing me. Again.

I sigh but freeze when I realize the car isn't here. What the...

I swallow, realizing that I left the keys inside and it unlocked.

She looks at me, "Nice going. Maybe Nic can drive us. It's four hours before the concert anyways..."

"No," I reply, "I'm not spending thirty freaking minutes with him in a car," I mutter as I start to walk. Rayah shrugs, walking into the building again as the meet'n'greet ends, and asking him the one question that drives me Crazy.

82 Reviews

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Nic

"You want me to drive you?" I ask the one girl.

What was her name again? Riley? Randa? Ryan? Girls are named Ryan, too, aren't they?

I raise my eyebrow almost incredulously, thankful that the room is nearly cleared out. My eyes scan over her friend quickly and nonchalantly before I glance at Jace. He meets my gaze and heaves a sigh before trudging over and plastering a smile so fake it looks real.

"What's the problem now, Alex?" he asks, though he keeps his eyes on the girls.

"It seems I've been asked for a favor," I say.

When I ask the girl to repeat the question, he almost laughs and gives her the same unbelieving look. It's then I make my decision. Nothing surprises him anymore.

"Sure," I tell the girl. "You'll be back for the concert, though, right?"

"Nic, you're not serious," Jace says, staring at me.

"It'll be fun, Jae," I say.

As I lead them away, I look back at him and motion him to come with. I don't know why I do, but I almost feel as if I need him around. Need the leash he holds, more than likely. At least with him I won't be as tempted to say something stupid. Wait, when do I ever say anything stupid?
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:43 pm
PixieStix says...

Jackie

Rayah runs out to me, practically crying, and Nic follows. His manager, which she keeps eyeing, right behind him.

"You have got to be kidding me, Ray," I whisper.

She shakes her head and I glare at Nic, "No talking to me. No looking at me. No eyeing me. No sitting near me. No breathing the same air as me."

Rayah raises an eyebrow and I cross my arms, "Starting now."

"Fiesty..." Rayah mutters, Looking at Nic, "I apologize for her. She's...taken?"

I hit her, "Your such a pervert. Ew. No."

She chuckles, "Fiesty. I mean Fiesty."

I nod slowly and wait to do something as Rayah sighs, "So what are you driving us in?"

82 Reviews

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Nic

"If this ends up in the papers, you know I'll have to call Charlie and you know that he's gonna have another flip fit about keeping a certain image in public, Nic," Jace whispers as we walk out to the lot. "Your messes aren't easy to clean up, you know?"

"This won't be a mess," I assure him. "We're just driving two devoted fans home."

I glance at Jackie and almost take back my previous statement. He eyes the other girl as we walk, who eyes him back, and I almost feel like congratulating him. At least he's flirting... somewhat.

Jackie glares at me and sets the rules, which I am very tempted to laugh at. With a half-smile, I tilt my head and study her.

"That last one's gonna be a problem," I say. "I've gotta breathe, and so do you. Suck it up, buttercup."

Jace elbows me in the ribs hard, and I glare at him for a moment. He pulls out his phone and goes to text my driver before I stop him.

"We'll take the Lamborghini," I say.

He stares blankly at me, "No, Nic."

"Yes," I argue. "It's my car. Besides, we drove it here."

He bites his tongue and takes a deep breath to calm himself, glaring at me out of the corner of his eyes. With a chuckle, I lead the two toward the Lamborghini and swear he mutters something about me being the death of him one day.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:59 pm
PixieStix says...

Jackie

I roll my eyes and Rayah jumps up and down, "Oh my god. This is the best day ever."

"I say otherwise..." I mutter, getting in the backseat. I make Rayah sit next to me, even though she wants to sit in the front, and cross my arms as Nic starts driving with the other guy in the front.

We finally get home after thirty minutes of silence, "Thanks, I guess," I mutter, getting out. Rayah is crowded with Paparazzi and so am I, and I freak out, getting asked a bunch of questions.

"Are you and Nic dating? What's the scoop? How did you guys meet?"

They take pictures and without another word, I grab Rayah's wrist and lead her through the ocean of photographers. But then, I start to feel bad for them. I stop and push Rayah inside. I close the door but run back out to Nic and Jace, grabbing Nic's and Jace's wrist and dragging them inside as well.

I close the door and lock it, "Your welcome."

82 Reviews

Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:06 pm

Nic

Holy cheeseballs with a side of chili.

"And this is why we say no, Nic," Jace sighs.

Paperazzi surround the car, making it impossible for me to drive off once the girls get out or do much of anything except stew in the front seat and a bazillion photos are taken of my brother and I. Questions are thrown around outside, and I do my best to ignore them.

Suddenly the door opens and Jace is dragged out, pulling me with him. Jackie herds us inside the house and closes the door behind her, locking it.

"Your welcome," she says.

"As much as this is appreciated," Jace says, "you've only just given the crowd outside exactly what they wanted."

"Yeah, but we'd have been sitting there for hours otherwise," I mutter.

He studies me and huffs a sigh, running a hand through his hair.

"Next time you ask me to join you in some life changing escapade or something, I'm saying no," he says. "And if I say yes, commit me."

He crosses his arms, not quite pouting but pulling off something similar. Reluctantly, he thanks Jackie for the both of us, knowing that I definitely wouldn't have said it.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:14 pm
PixieStix says...

Jackie

I sigh, Rayah eyeing Jace again. I glance at her, "You alright, Ray?"

Her bangs cover one of her eyes and she nods, sitting on the couch.

I glance at Nic, "I don't know what your trying to do, but I'm not interested."

Rayah chuckles, glancing at me, "You tell him, Jacks."

I shake my head, "Just letting you know before you try anything." I sit beside her.

82 Reviews

Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:21 pm

Nic

I raise an eyebrow, confused.

"Who said I was trying anything?" I ask. "You're the one who dragged me in here."

Jace holds his phone to his ear and takes a few steps away, trying to get in contact with Charlie. For a moment, I feel guilty about how stressed he looks; but I push it away and focus on the girls.

"You two wouldn't happen to have alcohol here, would you?" I ask.

"Oh, no, Nic," Jace says, putting Charlie on hold. "You're not drinking."

"Buzz off, Jae. I'm an adult," I say.

"No, you're an idiot," he argues. "You're not drinking. Not after what happened at London."

"That wasn't my fault," I remind him.

"That doesn't change things," he says.

"But seriously, you guys got beer or liquor or brandy?" I ask, looking at the two and ignoring him. "I'll pay you back."
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.
— Andrew Carnegie