z

Young Writers Society

The Arena of Time

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:27 pm
KingLucifer says...

Come here from the distant past to the far future! Warriors of past, present and future! Come here to test your might and honor in the arena where only two things matter. Battle and Honor! Here there is no life, there is no death, there is just unrivaled chaos and battle! Will you survive the chaos and blood shed? Or will you be consumed by the chaos? Come here to the Arena where no time matters! Here this arena is favored by the gods of war, and warriors seeking to prove there might and fame among others.

Rules

Usual YWS Rules
Fighting and blood shed is encouraged!
No god modding.
People can still die, so ask permission first before doing so.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:26 pm
Caesar says...

Nãgæ

Sparks flew as blades crashed together.

Nãgæ grunted in pain as the viking's axe hit the flat of his blade at the same time as the knight's shield crashed into his left arm. With his right, Nãgæ held at bay a samurai. His twin blades shined with light, white on the right, bloodred the left.

The viking would have smashed his sword, but Dawnbringer was no ordinary blade. With a roar, Nãgæ twisted his wrist, and Dawnbringer cut in a wide arc, cleaving the viking's head off. Blood spattered Nãgæ's white armor, gore spilling onto his spiked gauntlets, also white.

At the same time, Sunset flared with brilliant crimson light, and the samurai's katana smashed into shards on impact. The samurai howled as his wrist was smashed on impact. His scream turned to bubbling silence as Nãgæ's sword stabbed into his chest, punching through armor. Flames liked at the flesh hungrily.

All this happened in a split second. Nãgæ had no time to think though, battle reflexes born of several thousand years of combat took over as the kight pressed his advantage.

Nãgæ backstepped quickly, then met the knight's second swing with Dawnbringer. The screech of steel on steel rang out. The smell of blood and violence filled the air. Behind his winged, red-feathered white helm, Nãgæ grinned. This is what he had been made immortal for.

A third strike was met easily, and a fourth. On the fifth, Nãgæ crossed his blades in an X, trapping the knight's sword between his own. In the same furious movement, Nãgæ's wrists rotated, and his swords cleaved outwards, cutting the knight in half. Blood fountained upwards in a wet arc.

"I am Nãgæ, the Godkiller!" he bellowed, sweeping back his red fur cape. "Who dares face me in combat?!"
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

50 Reviews

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:33 am
KingLucifer says...

Catherine Pharos

"Me, you fool!" I declare.

The samerui who had fought valiently had turned to face me, his cocky grin still across his face. I held the Dragon Buster in one hand my free hand on my hip as I look down at him from the enterence steps, slowly walking down the steps I see the damage he can do, and knew I shouldn't play around.

"Haha, a mere wench dares challenge me?! Come and taste the warm steel of my blade!" He said.

I hit the bottom step running towards the samerui, the Dragon Buster meeting his blade on impact. Sparks flying at the impact of the strengh we put into our blades, we swung at each other multiple times, each time sparks fly from our blades. I had to use both my hands on the Dragon Buster, he was using just one hand with his sword. This guys strengh was unreal.

"You know, I expected a lot less from you, but you have proven me wrong. Fine then, I'll treat you as I would treat a warrior of the same caliber!" He said.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:06 am
Caesar says...

Nãgæ

"Me, you fool!"

The girl charged at Nãgæ, a gleaming black blade held high. Nãgæ met her first strike, and the second and third, sparks flying on impact. He met her blows easily with Dawnbringer, Sunset at his side. Although she held her sword with two hands, she did not buckle.

"What is your name, wench?" Nãgæ asked. "You fight well. I would know your name, before I kill you. "

"I am Catherine Pharos, the Black-Eyed Dragoon," she declared, eyes narrowing. A black aura flared around her. "And I will not fall to an arrogant knight."

Nãgæ was briefly overwhelmed by the sudden increase in the wench's speed and strength. He stepped back and brought Sunset up to defend against the next strike, knees bending slightly. A shockwave blasted out away from them.

"I am no knight," Nãgæ replied. "I am Nãgæ, son of the god Marduk! I have defeated Ares in combat! You too shall fall!"

White-and-red energy swirled around Nãgæ, encasing his blades. He struck back, and the wench was sent flying upwards. She recovered, spinning in mid-air. Her eyes widened when she saw Nãgæ tense, then jump after her. They exchanged a flurry of blows in mid-air, sparks flying.

Another few strikes, and gravity re-asserted itself. The two warriors fell down, onto the bleachers that ringed the arena. Nãgæ rolled to a side and came up on the balls of his feet. To his mild surprise, the wench was up almost as quickly. Nãgæ flexed his shoulders, then ran after her, swords trailing flames and leaving scorch marks on the stone.

The wench stepped back quickly, eyes darting around.

The two cleaved their way through other combatants in their pursuit. At one point, the wench had to block a slash, and in the same movement, pirouette over the warrior. Then she kept on moving. Nãgæ barged after her, blocking the same warrior's attack, driving Sunset into his leg, and backhanding him down onto the floor as he tugged his blade out. He jumped over a ninja dueling someone, kicking him in the chest, and continued

Spoiler! :
we'll need someone else to post, they can't fight forever...

Reviews: 0
Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:34 pm
Icleminiangel says...

Cali-
I watched in intrest at the fighting going on below me. From my position in the tree I could see it all, including a particular fight involving a girl who could fight really well and a vey cocky guy who, from what I had seen, I didn't like very much. He obviously thought he was above girls, that idiot really needed to be taken down a peg or few and I really hoped the girl would win. If he called her a wench again I will kill him. I continued watching until the guy said "what is your name wench..." I didn't hear the rest of his sentence as I was too busy trying to make from the tree to where the couple stood fighting without being noticed by anyone else. I mean really, I know it's a place to fight but anyone will pick a fight with anyone here and I and to take down a few warriors, most of them twice the size of me. However I never killed anyone, don't ask me why because in truth I just don't know, I just don't kill- I fight but I don't kill, I knock them out. I made to the guy just after he kicked someone in the chest, I faced him he looked me in the eye, laughed and continued his fight. Oh boy was he going down! "if you think your so high and mighty you sexist pig then you should know one thing" I paused, took out my gun and raised it pointing into the air "never turn your back on an opponent" I shot the blast silencing a few people around us. He turned and looked at me and then he grinned before readying his weapon. I stole a deadman's sword and readied my new weapon.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:34 pm
Caesar says...

Nãgæ

Nãgæ heard the blast go off.

"Never turn your back on an opponent."

He saw the opponent drop down from her vantage point. She claimed another sword from a fallen soldier, and Nãgæ noticed she was wielding one of those firing devices he had noticed some warriors use. He had had a glimpse of its range and could only guess at its power, but that was all that he needed.

Nãgæ sheathed Dawnbringer and raised Sunset, grinning. He charged.

His opponent's eyes flickered. She aimed the gun at Nãgæ, but he was already too close. Realizing this, she positioned her blade in mid-guard to fend off Nagae's incoming attack.

It came, and it was savage. Nãgæ struck high to the left, the swords clashing heavily, then in the same breath cross-stepped to the right and struck low. The girl barely had enough time to block that. The parry was weak, insecure. Nãgæ knew then this person was not used to fighting at close quarters.

He stepped back a centimeter and slashed again at the mid chest with one arm -- she had to use both to parry, and the impact twisted her wrist. Her face turned white.

Nãgæ leered behind his helmet and kneed her in the stomach. As she fell, Nãgæ hit her on the temple with his other hand, blood oozing. She hit the floor hard and gasped. Nãgæ kicked her in the abdomen. Something cracked.

"In ten thousand years, I have not met a female who could stand up to me. And you, whore, are not this female."

He raised his sword to finish the job, when a sudden blast of energy hit nearby, sending him flying.

Nãgæ hit the wall and blacked out for a second.
Last edited by Caesar on Sat May 04, 2013 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:56 pm
Icleminiangel says...

Cali-
Damn this idiot he was stronger than I gave him credit for but he had to have a weakness, I winced the pain in my chest was... Really bad but I was not going to give him the satisfaction of hearing me cry out. He was suddenly above me ready to give a death blow and he just went flying back, I quickly sighed in relief and got up. Both movements giving me considerable pain and looked around, what had sent him flying back like that?
He suddenly stirred and I walked back a few paces took out my gun and shot at his him. The first shot missed but the second shot hit his leg. That would buy me some time. I scaled a nearby tree, if I climbed it, it would give me and advantage but would take me a while and I would be in alot of pain but if I stayed down here I would die. I stood under the branch and raised my arms, damn that hurt! That guy was getting up again and did not let his injury slow him down, does this guy ever give up! I jumped, luckily catching the branch and lifting myself up, gritting my teeth and my eyes watering whilst I did it. I will not make a noise, I will not make a noise, I repeated the mantra in my head hoping that it worked. I crawled along the branch and climbed higher, a low whimper escaped from my lips but he hopefully hadn't heard it. He was at the bottom of the tree now and he jumped catching the branch but as he pulled himself up the branch snapped. So that was his weakness, he was too heavy to climb trees I bet it ment he wasn't as quick either or as agile "you coming up anytime today, oh wait you can't you snapped the branch bad luck better luck next time!" I taunted it wasn't my best comeback but my head was too consumed in pain to really try. I tested my wounds: ow defiantly a broken rib and judging by the pain I'd say a twisted wrist. Damn that jerk was gonna pay.

50 Reviews

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:09 am
KingLucifer says...

Catherine Pharos

You know it'll be a long day when a girl comes out of no where, challenging a guy I could barely keep up with myself, gets blasted by a girl, knocked out, and then shot by the girl. I saved her rear end, and humiliation is what she does in return? Yeesh, and I thought I had problems. She climbs a tree where she thinks she'll be safe, unfortunately she wasn't, I had not been granted the Dragon Buster for no reason now.

Pitch black darkness engulfs me as I ran, the darkness following me, then I free myself in my Black Dragoon form, I had wings, the Black Dragoon Spear, Black Dragoon Armor, and the Dragon Buster to really lay into my opponent. I fly casually up to her spot on the tree, the Dragon Buster in hand, and I look at her.

"Honey, you honestly have no chance at surviving here, I suggest you go home," I said.

I took the Dragon Buster raised it above my head, and brought it down hard on the tree branch she was sitting on I sever the branch and she falls, hitting a few other branches on the way down. I slowly descend with the Dragon Buster in hand as I slowly see my previous opponent stirring from his previous blow.

"Do you normally go down this easy, or is just when little girls hit you with a rage of power?" I asked him.

He growled angrily as he was getting back to his feet, this couldn't end well for me...

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 04, 2013 9:43 am
Caesar says...

Nãgæ

Nãgæ grunted, rising to his feet. Pain flared in his calf. The armor had taken most of the blow, and the bullet, once getting past the leather and leggings, had lodged very superficially.

"That is the worst taunt I have ever heard," he said, sneering, and drew Sunset. He spun the twin blades in his hands, and they flared.

Nãgæ covered the ground between them in two steps. Dawnbringer struck to the left, to the wench's neck, while Sunset was held in mid-guard. The strike was parried in a clash of flames and sparks.

He cut a wide ark with Sunset, but his opponent stepped back and lowered her blade, deflecting the strike with the flat. She side-stepped as Nãgæ thrust Dawnbringer forward and lunged at his shoulder.

Nãgæ bent on one knee, inhumanly fast, and the sword whistled above his shoulder.
He stepped sideways and attacked in a quick flurry of blows, which were met by the wench.

They both skipped back. Nãgæ was sweating and breathing heavily. He hadn't fought such a skilled opponent in possibly years.

"You fight well, for a girl," Nãgæ acknowledged. "I would know your name, before I kill you."

"Name's Catherine Pharos, and that ain't happening any time soon," the girl retorted.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu May 09, 2013 10:23 pm
Dreamery says...

John "Destroyer" Garett

John maneuvered from rock to rock, using each as cover from the bowman shooting arrows at him. He could hear the whizzing of the arrows flying past his head. At that, he pulled out a small, spherical case of metal, that was emitting a blue light and tossed it over the rock at the sniper. Flashes of blue electricity came from the grenade, disabling the archer for the moment.

John ran, evading the swings of swords, and the whizzing of bullets. When he reached the bowman, he took out a small pistol and shot the bowman. The bowman crumpled to the ground.

A figure behind him swung a sword at John's head. He ducked and turned around, punching his attacker in the chin. His attacker dropped his sword, but pulled out a dagger. The swordsman moved with grace with the dagger, and was able to cut John on his arms.

He grabbed the dagger during the attack and his eyes met his foe. "Bring it on," he said.

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Sat May 11, 2013 11:35 pm
kayfortnight says...

Solaris

A man took a pistol from his belt and shot Luna. He'll pay.

I swung a sword at the back of his head, but he ducked back and spun around, swinging a fist at my chin. I stumbled, dropping my sword. He was more powerful than I thought. I pulled a dagger from my belt and sliced his arms, marveling at the beauty of blood when you wish revenge.

He grabbed the dagger and stared at me. "Bring it on."

"Oh, I will. That archer you took out? She better not be dead, 'cause she's my twin sister."

He just shrugged and swung a leg up to kick me, which I dodged easily. "Casualty of the arena."

"Don't you dare." I released the dagger and he fell back a few steps, probably surprised at my actions. I dived for one of Luna's arrows, rolled back to my feet, and stabbed out with it straight at his chest.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun May 12, 2013 12:19 am
Dreamery says...

John "Destroyer" Garet

"Oh, I will. That archer you took out? She better not be dead, 'cause she's my twin sister," the warrior snarled. A sister? Not a good choice.

John swung his leg to kick the warrior, but his foe dodged it quite gracefully. "Casualty of the arena," he replied.

"Don't you dare," the foe challenged. The warrior dove for the sister's arrow, after John stumbled back in surprise. The warrior rolled back to his feet and lunged it at John. He grabbed it and snapped it in half.

He, then, kicked the warrior's arm, saying "Don't you know not to bring family into the arena?"

The warrior grabbed a small canister from John's belt and tossed it down. The canister released a plume of smoke. John couldn't see past the smoke, but he knew that his foe could strike at any time.

Random avatar

Sun May 12, 2013 12:39 am
kayfortnight says...

Solaris

"Don't you know not to bring family into the arena?" Like we had much of a choice for entering.

I snatched a canister from his belt, hoping it wouldn't kill me, and tossed it to my feet. A cloud of dark smoke billowed up. Oh. Good. I could attack if I wanted. Or get my sister and myself outta here. I chose the latter option, scooping Luna up into my arms and running farther into the city, hoping we wouldn't encounter any other contestants.

She stirred in my arms and blinked at me. "Sol? What happened?"

"Some jerk blew a hole in your leg, that's what happened. I have to get you someplace safe to tend your wound."

She sighed. "Wish we found a safer way to get the money?"

"Definitely, but there isn't anything with big enough rewards to pay enough." I kneeled to the ground inside a building and wrapped a pressure bandage around her leg. "Not much, but it'll have to do until I can find clean needle and thread or we can get treatment from a real surgeon. Don't try to walk unless you have to." A grim smile crossed my face. "Actually, it's a good thing he got you, not me. You can fire from your knees, and I think it'd be harder to treat myself."

That was when the door blasted in and I dived in front of my sister, wondering if this was a new foe or the man with the fancy grenades.

Sun May 12, 2013 3:27 pm
Icleminiangel says...

Cali-
Just when I thought it was a safe recovery spot two people came in. I lowered myself further, wincing because of my rib. I watched one of them was injured, well duh she was carried in I mentally slapped myself for being so dumb. I stayed quiet hoping they wouldn't notice me when the door blasted in. Great some other potential attacker, I got out my gun and aimed it at the door. from my hidden spot I had a slight advantage but not much, I didn't aim at the people who came in earlier because the girl was wounded and I didn't think that the guy would try to kill me but I was cautious anyway. I held onto the locket my sister had given me for luck. If no one noticed me I would be fine

Random avatar

Thu May 16, 2013 11:44 pm
kayfortnight says...

Solaris

The smoke cleared and the doorway was completely empty. I took a deep, shuddering breath. "Is it only me, or is this scarier than if someone actually came through the door?"

Luna relaxed her bow. "It's not just you. I think it'd be a good idea to move somewhere else now."

"What about your leg?"

She struggled to her feet and gritted her teeth. "I can walk."

I just rolled my eyes. Most stubborn sister ever. "No, you can't. When we get to the woods and I make you a cane, maybe then, but right now, you're helpless. I'll carry you again." I scooped her up in my arms before she could protest. "We're going to run for the woods and hope we don't meet anyone on the way."

I ran out the door, and the ground dropped out beneath us. All I could think of when we settled in the bottom of the pit around 20 feet down, was that I didn't think the arena had traps.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
— Miles Kington