z

Young Writers Society

Fantasy Character Pub and Tavern

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed May 22, 2013 1:59 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

I looked up. "So that's what that was. I'm a vampire who has been unusually blessed. And do not fear for your dragons. I mean them no harm its been a few centuries since I last had a run-in with dragons. It didn't end well." I replied quietly.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Wed May 22, 2013 2:01 am
ladcat13 says...

Mirayah and Ash realize that they have been fooled. The rest of the bar falls asleep in one instant, and they are made painfully obvious by the newcomer's spell. Two others are unaffected, but Mirayah and Ash spare them little attention, not even noticing when the strange immortal at the end of the bar piped up. They are too busy maintaining the mental barriers, which struggle against the weight of two spells. The newcomer turns, a smile upon her face. She herself is not intimidatimng. (Insert description of Adrea Stoddart here, Dante). But they can feel with their Sixth Senses the unholy and immense power that eminates from the open book that lays on the bar counter. The pages hold the barest shadows of runes, hidden by an enchantment that Mirayah and Ash ate not quite powerful enough to dispell. Over the open hills near the town, the rainstorm carries the sound of a Dragon's roar. Limok and Birul are furious at the impertinence of this lesser being, dabbling in dark magics that she did not understand and then turning them upon DragonRiders! It is all that Mirayah and Ash can do to stop them from coming. They need to remain undiscovered on their mission, and though their cover had already been blown, the Dragons' presences will only leave a biggeress to clean up.

Ash and Mirayah remain silent and rigid, jaws clenched and eyes narrowed with concentration, as the person asks them who they are. They cannot answer if they wanted to. Mirayah's mind, using what little was unoccupied,considers their options. Maybe, with the Dragons present, they could best this newcomer's hellish magic, bug thatwas only a maybe. They may have met their match here in this tavern. Coming here had been a bad idea, Mirayah thinks bitterly. But the storm had forced them to take shelter. Dammit, did they have to find every bit of trouble in the world and get mucked up in it? Why couldn't they ever find a peacful moment?
Last edited by ladcat13 on Thu May 23, 2013 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Millions of miles from home
In the darkness before the dawn
In the swirling of this storm
When I'm rolling with the thunder
But bleed from thorns
Leave a light, a light on.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed May 22, 2013 10:40 pm
KingLucifer says...

Andrea Stoddard

They do not answer but the woman in a black clock does, the iris of my eyes unusually large from the spell casting. I was becoming more and more demonic as time past and my use of the Tome grows, I turn my head to look at her.

"You believe that Dragon out there is mine?" I asked her.

"It would make sense that it is yours," she said.

"It is not mine," I reply.

"I see, then who's is it then?" she asks.

"I don't care, if that beast is to come for me, it'll fall under my control with the use of this tome." I said.

I turn and wave my hand over the tome, words and spells burn alive, I began chanting words under my breath in the Demonic language that I had learned though constant study. I turn back to the four that I had singled out and in the air I stuck out my index finger, I traced a circle in the air as I continued chanting in the demonic language. Runes burn to life as my circle completes, then I bring the hand I was drawing the circle with over my opposite shoulder and in one swift movement my words pierce the air.

"Shatter!" I yell swinging my arm.

A moment later two fall into a violent shaking, there whole bodies convulsed on the floor until they finally stopped dead.

"Shame, I didn't intend for the spell to kill," I said.

"Shame," she repeated.

"Now, you two, tell me who you are now that your mental defenses have shattered because of my spell," I said.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

120 Reviews

Thu May 23, 2013 2:08 am
ladcat13 says...

Mirayah and Ash slump in their seats, defeated. Only through sheer force of will can they keep their Dragons away. They had heard what the woman with the tome had said. The Dragons, in their furious rage, did not realize the danger. Ash, the less powerful of the two, puts his head in his hands, elbows on the table. His body shudders, he is in a cold sweat, and has a hard time focusing. He lets Mirayah talk while he hold Birul back, utterly spent. Mirayah goes to stand up. Though her effort fails and she must sit again, the vampire can see that she is a tall woman, taller than average. The person with the tome, who is beginning to take on a demonic appearance, gestures for Mirayah to pull back her hood and Ash's as well. She complies with fingers that shake with weakness. The vampire studies her face, slightly interested.

Mirayah is unusual, to be sure. Humanoid, but not human. Her pointed ears and cat-like eyes, along with the magic she used, make sure of that. She does not look to be old, but with such powerful people, looks can be decieving. Her features are nearly beautiful. Her eyes are very dark, almost black. They sparkle dangerously with anger and her gaze is piercing. The eyes are accentuated by dark skin, the color of ground cocoa.Her nose is straight and fine and her chin strong, but her cheekbones are rather high. Her hair is very long and wavy, held back in a curious braid that still reaches to her waist. It is jet black and slightly lustrous. In response to the demon's question ( for that is what the tome's user looks like, the vampire decides) she speaks in a voice that is rich and cultivated, but carefully neutral at the moment. Her face is a mask of anything but exhaustion.

"My name is Mirayah, Rider of silver Limok. This is Ash, Rider of blue Birul," she explains, pointing to the man next to her. He looks up as he hears his name. The vampire studies him as well. He is, like Mirayah, not human. He might be as tall or a little taller than Mirayah, the vampire speculates. His skin is tanned by sun and weather, but not nearly so dark as Mirayah's. His eyes are blue and, at the moment, dull and unfocused. He has a wide, handsome face, with the beginnings of smile lines. His blonde hair sticks up in the back, the result of a cowlick on the back of his head. It is roughly trimmed, as if with a hunting knife. He shakes his head and pinches the bridge of his nose, trying to keep both Birul and the present conversation in his strained mind.

"That explains little, Mirayah and Ash. Please, tell us a little about yourselves, my good DragonRiders. The Tome of Hell and I would love to hear it. And our vampire friend as well. I am curious about your Dragons," the demon intones, a contemptious smile on her face. The words, delivered in such a condescending and sarcastic fashion, seem to raise Mirayah's ire. She finds the strength to rise, and though she must lean on the table, the lightning in her eyes is frightening.

"You wouldn't dare, you petulant... You... You... Why, if you try to lay a finger on our Dragons' hides, I would rip you to shreds!" Mirayah proceedswith a string of dire threats of a horrible death and cussing that would make a sailor quail. The vampire shakes her head, admiring this woman's spirit, and creativity. Yes, her creativity is admirable.

But bleed from thorns

120 Reviews

Thu May 23, 2013 3:05 am
ladcat13 says...

Spoiler! :
Can we say that between the first seven pages and our newer storyline is a new day at the tavern? To keep everything in context. I should have gone back and read the story first, but I didn't.

But bleed from thorns

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu May 23, 2013 2:40 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

"My name is Belladonna Oleander and as I said before I have no interest in dragons." I stated calmly and slipped off my cloak shoving up the sleeve of my shirt holding my left arm out so they could see the burn scars. "I accidently got to close to a dragons nest and well I paid the price since then I tend to avoid them." I added and shook my jet black hair out of my dark purple eyes. Save for the scarred arm my skin was pale and flawless. I heard a gasp and I looked up. I was standing in a patch of sunlight and I smiled slightly. "Like I said unusually blessed or cursed depending on your views." I said and looked at the Dragon Riders feeling pity but admiration for both their wills. I looked at Andrea. "Admirable don't you think?" I asked jerking my chin to Mirayah who was struggling to remain on her feet.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

50 Reviews

Thu May 23, 2013 4:42 pm
KingLucifer says...

Andrea Stoddard

"Indeed it is," I answered.

Andrea closed the book and turned on her heels to see the Dragon Riders barely standing. They were strong enough to fend off two of the spells, but there problem was, the spells are weak compared some of the spells in the book. Even I would not dare to chant those spells unless absolutely nessessary.

"Dear Belladonna, if you weren't a Vampire, then I could suggest Heaven's Prophet for faith healing. But I fear for your life as you are damned and the faith healing may have an opposite effect on your body." I said.

"Indeed, you seem to speck of the Heaven's Prophet as a friend, are you two friends?" she asked.

"Indeed, but in our aliegnment, we are mortal enemies bound to forever war with each other." I said.

"I see, that could only mean you are Hell's Seer, are you not?" she asked.

"Indeed, I am Andrea Stoddard, Hell's Seer, Prophet for Lord Lucifer. You Dragon Riders are resisting magic that would eventually break your minds and cause you to go mad. Try not to resist, the effects are less brutal that way." I told the three.

"Now, I'll give you chance, begone, for this is a place where only the strong survive, if you wish not for your souls to be damned to Hell, then you will do as I say." I said.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

120 Reviews

Thu May 23, 2013 7:42 pm
ladcat13 says...

Mirayah sees herself to be far outmatched. But they have a mission in this place, and leaving it could mean dire consequences, not only for themselves, but for the Balance. She shakes her head at Adrea's order. Her rich voice is reasonable and tolerant, a dramatic change from the ranting and raving of a few moments. Adrea observes how mercurial her personality is and decides that, on even terms, Mirayah would be a force to reckon with. These, however, where not even terms, she speculates as Mirayah speaks.

"I am afraid that we cannot do that," she intones, "for we have a mission to carry out and it is a top priority. You yourself may not see the importance, but it could mean life or death for many. The balance of the world that we are pledged to protect will be disrupted, should we fail. Only then will the effects reach you, and you will feel them. Direly. We have business in this area and we cannot leave until it is straightened out. However, I give you my solemn word that we mean you and your master no harm for the moment. You are not our concern and we not yours. I think it would be better if you were to allow us on our way. I am sure we can find another place of shelter from the storm. Please, unbind us from these unnecessary spells. And as to your threat of madness, I believe we can manage. You may just be... surprised. We are stronger than we seem," Mirayah explains with the barest hint of a smile. Belladonna decides that if she smiled more often, she might be beautiful. But she does not seem like one who would smile a lot.

And her subtle boast seems rather amusing, in the face of the Tome of Hell and the demon who wielded it. For her magic is not all that strong. Else she would have resisted longer, nor would she be so drained. Can she mean a different kind of strength? Probably not, for what other kind of strength is there?

Neither the vampire nor the demon, however, notices Mirayah's slow shift of weight, and her hand coming off the table, surreptitiously reaching for something under her grey cloak. Ash, who still hasn't spoken and who the demon has lost interest in, keeps up the charade of trying to alleviate a headache while struggling under the Tome's magic. He still was, of course, but his hand, once limp on the tabletop, was now under it. He can vaguely sense what Mirayah has in mind through the indirect link they shared, without having to speak. Both kept their minds carefully blank, only allowing a small portion to think of what was going on. They could feel the Tome in their heads and knew how to subtly shield a part of their mind in a situation like this one. All part of their training.(...)

Spoiler! :
Dante, since Adrea is obviously the bad guy here, how would you feel if I kinda killed/vanquished her? If that's ok, I'll post again with this train of thought. But let me know if you want to drag this out, or if you want to end it peacefully.

But bleed from thorns

50 Reviews

Thu May 23, 2013 8:03 pm
KingLucifer says...

Spoiler! :
Would you please learn how to spell my characters name, it's a six letter name for the Lord's sake. But peacefully, Andrea will alot them a time for them to get out, they should do it ASAP because she's ready to ramp up the magic quiet a bit, also, she's an Anti Heroine, she's a mean chick, but a Heronine none the less.

Andrea Stoddard

I scowled at them, did they truly believe they had a mission more important than one that could tear the universe itself apart? I believe not! I have to fight the forces of Heaven, Hell, and Earth alike as War in Heaven and Hell continues.

"I suggest you be quick about it, I have thin patience and way to much time on my hands." I said turning my back away from them, I grab the water and drink as they talk.

"Really? just like that your telling us to be quick about it?" she asks.

"I hold just as much at stake as either of you two, my friends, my family, and the world itself is at stake. I'm just some mortal girl who got dragged into a cosmic war that probably won't end in my life time, so be quick about it, I don't have time to squabble over who's more important than who." I said.

"Being Hell's Seer is not easy, is it?" she asked.

"It isn't." I said.

Reviews: 0
Thu May 30, 2013 6:45 pm
Skyguy says...

Marcus Callen, exiled Elf Lord of Trayvon, and brother to the new king, snuggled closer to his cloak. It was freezing. He glanced at the wizard next to him. Braken Stargazer, looked perfectly warm in his robe. But he should've been freezing. It really ticked Marcus off. Sometimes, he wished he had been gifted with magic. But not always. Braken Stargazer was a renowned Battle-Mage, especially among the Elven nations. Marcus smiled as he saw a tavern ahead, the lights glinting warmly against the night. He straitened in his saddle, pulling his Elvish warhorse, Storm, to a stop." Lets stop here for the night Braken." He said cheerfully. Braken studied the pub." My lord, I think this would be folly. I sense something very powerful inside. It would be wise to continue." Marcus dismounted, taking care that his sword was on his hip." Braken, I highly doubt my brother's soldiers will follow. You took care of them at Raven's Pass."
Considering he was 59, Marcus was relatively young among Elves. He was still considered a child. He looked about 16 in human years. But Marcus had been wandering for a while. His brother had tried to have him killed when he was 39, so Marcus had been wandering the world for nigh 20 years. He was wise, but today he was giddily happy. He took a deep breathe, then the true Marcus came to the surface." Braken, I think we can handle it. I have Rage with me, and this sword is one of the Seven Blades Of Glory. It can help protect us." Braken gazed at the young man before him
Marcus had grown to fast, Braken thought. He was already the survivor of two bloody wars, and he was a carrier of a Blade of Glory. He was extremely powerful, and Rage had picked Marcus as his wielder for a reason. Rage could only be wielded by Marcus, and if any other person tried to take it from him, they would be wracked with a torment beyond 12,000 tortures. Braken smiled at the young Elf Lord. Such a young man, to have gone through so much. he bowed slightly." As you wish my lord. I will help protect you to the best of my ability." Marcus smiled, dismounting from his horse. Storm was an Elvish horse, so they didn't need to tie him up to the post outside the tavern. They stepped inside.
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

Thu May 30, 2013 7:56 pm
Skyguy says...

The moment Marcus stepped into the tavern, he knew something was wrong. He could feel the magic coursing through the room. He saw 5 people stuck in a staring contest." We should not have come." Braken said warningly. Slipping his shield over his left arm. It began to glow blue. He took out his sword, which now appeared to be blood red." Rage will protect you from spells. Worry not my prince. These mere conjourers are no match for a Wizard of The First Order!" He stepped into the room.Marcus sighed and sat down at a table. At least it was warm in here, he thought.
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Thu May 30, 2013 8:52 pm
LadyPurple says...

Tamzy, the world renowned shape shifter of the far off land Duermo, flew discreetly through the door as it swung open and a new patron entered. She was currently a big black and blue honey bee, a revered creature of her land. She landed on a nearby table and watched everyone for a moment before buzzing off to the restroom to shed her bug skin. She transformed into herself, an extremely short woman with short black hair and big ears.
She stepped out of the restroom and stared at the strange scene before her.
What is going on here? she thought to herself.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

120 Reviews

Thu May 30, 2013 10:16 pm
ladcat13 says...

Mirayah notices the shape-shifter near the bathroom and the two elves at the door, looking very uncomfortable and with their weapons unsheathed. She flicks her eyes towards the door and back to them, a quiet gesture to exit. The shape-shifter slips out the back door, though she does not leave, for Mirayah still hears her heartbeat and her breathing, coming quick and fast. The elves looked uncertain. Mirayah mouths the words "Not now, get out" to them. The older-looking of the two nods and pulls the younger one out, before Andrea pays them much mind. They, too, remain outside the door, waiting to see what happens.

Mirayah turns back to Andrea and the vampire, nodding slowly. "I understand your predicament. This cosmic war of yours, we know of it. We do not take part. That is for the divine, such as you. We wage a war of our own, one separate from yours. Not nearly so old, nor so dangerous, but it is an immediate threat to Earth. It threatens at this very moment to tear the Earth apart. We seek no quarrel with you. But we cannot leave this town as you would like us to," Mirayah speaks the last line softly, barely within Andrea's hearing. It holds the tiniest hint of threat in it. She had considered throwing a knife and killing Andrea, but she felt that that would upset the Balance even more. It is already strained to the breaking point. Also, if she missed it would all be over. She rarely misses except under the direst circumstances, but now would be no time to exacerbate things.

But she is beginning to see the tiniest hole in the Tome's magic. It is not a way out of the spells' grip, but something just as interesting. It is a way into Andrea's mind. Mirayah reaches out to Ash and he immediately catches on. He gives control of the two Dragons over to Mirayah. She takes the reins, allowing him freedom to pursue the gap. he begins with the lightest, most imperceptible of mental pressures on the gap, to see if Andrea notices. She remains oblivious, for she is focused on the magic. Her own mind's protection is being neglected, so swept up in the Tome is she. Ash widens the pressure slowly. He is careful, though, and ready to retreat in a moment if Andrea notices. If need be, they will back off and leave as Andrea wants. Their mission will not be jeopardized by their pride, nor their desire to win this battle.

But Mirayah wishes to stay in town, and preferably in the inn. She thinks anxiously of Limok. The Dragon, in he current state, should not be traipsing about the countryside in the storm and rain. Mirayah would never forgive herself if the newly conceived eggs died in her Dragon's womb, because of Mirayah's own folly. Never.

But bleed from thorns

50 Reviews

Fri May 31, 2013 1:02 am
KingLucifer says...

Andrea Stoddard

There was a strange pressure behind my eyes, I wasn't entirely sure what it was. I bring my hand up to rub my eyes but the pressure was still there. I began to wonder if they were capable of mental attacks suddenly, well then, my own mind is my own defense. Andrea felt the pressure increase as one of the two continued to worm into her head, slowly but surely.

"You surprise me, I give you a chance, and you squandered it. If you continue any further into my mind, then you'll find something that even I have a hard time controlling." I said.

And just like that, the pressure was gone and they weren't looking to happy. But I knew Mirayah's curiosity would get the better of her. I place my entire hand on the tome and and mutter a single demonic word, that in the English language means 'release' the magics that have been filling the room for quiet some time now.

"What could possibly be powerful enough that you can barely control it?" she asked.

I kept my hand on the tome, "try again, and I'll give you a small sample of what it is," I said.

Fri May 31, 2013 5:18 pm
Skyguy says...

Marcus glared at Braken." Your'e going to listen to that, woman in there?" He seethed. Braken nodded." I swear, I've seen her before." He muttered.Marcus rolled his eyes." Ya, well. I'm going to see whats going on. If it comes to blades, then The True Bladesinger will sing his song of death." He growled. Braken sighed. Marcus was eager to fight. He placed a hand on Marcus's arm." My prince, we must proceed with caution. I sense a magic that, I haven't sensed in ages." Marcus drew his sword. " I am of the Line of Gavin, the first Elf King of Trayvon, and his mate, Sylvia Wingfeet. I will find out what is going on." Braken sheathed his sword." Fine, but be prepared. i will cast spells, but your blade will protect you. I believe it also breaks through wards.Now we proceed with caution. Marcus, try to make peace, not start a war." Marcus grinned. "I'll do my best." He slowly stepped inside, Rage extended forward.

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
— Arthur C. Clarke