z

Young Writers Society

Fantasy Character Pub and Tavern

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:56 pm
Shadowlight says...

Welcome to the Fantasy Character Pub and Tavern!
This is the spot for fantasy beings to come on in, make themselves comfortable and have chat with others who know what it's like to be one of the fantastical!

The Tavern keeper is an old dwarf names Fionna and she runs a top notch establishment where all are welcome. whether they be human, elfkind, dwarfs, fairies (and their related cousins,) Animals, fantastical beasts, talking plants, magic users, legendary figures and what have yous!

Fionna's only rules are as follows:

No strong or inappropriate language!
*This is the only "real" rule and it holds.*
(Fionna knows some of her patrons are the rough sort, but she asks they keep it on the mild side) if a patron uses any language Fionna deems inappropriate or to strong she will give one warning and ask that the comment be removed. if that patron persists in being a ruffian, Fionna will go to a being in higher power and ask them to deal with scoundrel!

Any patrons who can manipulate the elements are asked not to do so inside the building,
( or keep it contained to their own persons. she has had one to many dragons and water spirits forget this!)

Magic users are asked not to cast violent or destructive spells in the tavern

(Fionna has had to clean up one to many wizards/magicians messes)

Shape-shifter patrons of any sort, are asked if they need to shift forms to do so in one of the restrooms.
(no one wants to see that!)

And lastly no fighting!
(Showing others in the tavern ones weapons and discussing weaponry/fighting styles is acceptable but under no circumstances are patrons aloud to fight, whether it be in sport or earnest.)

Other than that anything and everything is possible.
Fionna wishes all her patrons a wonderful rip-snorter of a good time!
Please feel free to pull up a stool at the bar or sit at one of the cozy tables. A waiter will be with you in a moment.
If you have any questions please leave a comment addressed to Fionna and she will get back to you as soon as she can.

***Authors-please use your own characters! (you can make one up on the spot if you need to) You are allowed to be more than one character at a time, but try not to make it any more than two. (any pregnant characters and their precious cargoes are counted as one. :D)

Have a wonderful time!

***Forgot to mention!! Fionna will be closing her tavern every night and reopening it in the morning, (trying to keep the RP going as long as possible) if you want to come into the tavern after it is closed you are welcome to, but the bar will not be open. If Fionna forgets to reopen in the morning please PM Shadowlight and she will have a talk with the lady dwarf.
Last edited by Shadowlight on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:07 am
creativemuse1 says...

Elta walked into the tavern. Her curly red hair kept blowing around her when the wind picked up. Her ears were pointy like any normal elf except Elta was not a normal elf. She was passionate than the others. She sat on a stool near the bar. "May I have some water? I am parched."
:)Life is full of hard times and good times. Lift your chin up, Ladies and Gentlemen.

42 Reviews

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:14 am
Shadowlight says...

Mairead a human girl of maybe one and twenty immediately walked over to the young elf girl.

"Water you said miss?" the elf nodded. "Coming right up." when she set the water down she sneaked a peek at the elf's ears, elves always fascinated her "where's it you've traveled from if you don't mind me asking?"

35 Reviews

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:19 am
creativemuse1 says...

"No, I do not mind. I come from the Elven Forest. It is far from here. I just came in for a meal and lodging. I have more places to go." Elta replied to the human girl. She asked the waiter for a salad. The thing about Elta was she never ate meat. She believe that it was bad for people to eat animals. Her stomach growled. She was debating whether or not to order a dessert too. She didn't know how the food was in the tavern. From her experience, tavern food was the worst food she has ever tasted. She perfer to cook her own meals but right then she didn't have the supplies to do it. Elta will have to eat tavern food. She decided to order dessert too. Elta ordered a chocolate cake.
:)Life is full of hard times and good times. Lift your chin up, Ladies and Gentlemen.

42 Reviews

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:28 am
Shadowlight says...

Mairead smiled, the elf was not the first she had ever met and she reminded the cook that elves don't eat meat. and when the elf ordered the cake Mairead smiled. Fionna made the most luscious chocolate cream cake with chocolate curls anywhere this side of the mountains. she placed the elf's order before her and pointed to the cake.

"I've heard that you elves have a delicate sense of taste. Our tavern doesn't sell the usual tavern food. Ms. Fionna makes sure that we have good fare. Is there anything else you'd be needing? a room mayhaps? or did you just come for supper?"

35 Reviews

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:48 am
creativemuse1 says...

"Yes, I would like a room. Do you have a room with a beautiful view?" Elta asked with a smile on her face.

42 Reviews

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:59 am
Shadowlight says...

"Well." Mairead said chewing on her lip in thought. "There's a room in the back that looks over the little stream out yonder and then theirs one that looks upon the flower and herb garden. which would you prefer?"

35 Reviews

Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:02 am
creativemuse1 says...

"Oh, I would love to have the one with the gardens." Elta said with excitement.

42 Reviews

Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:12 am
Shadowlight says...

"I thought so. We had an elf fellow in her a couple of weeks back, strange fellow his hair was white, he stayed a week with us and spent almost all that time in the garden meditating or some such thing. He bellowed at me when I tried to pick some flowers, saying I was hurting them! Now I know there are plant and flower spirits but all of out flowers are not that kind of alive, they are in fact gifts from all the different spirits that have stayed here." As Mairead talked she absentmindedly dried a tray of mugs that a small dwarf boy had brought out moments before.

42 Reviews

Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:44 am
Shadowlight says...

As Mairead led the Elf up to her room Fionna came out from behind the counter and shuffled her way to the door.
taking out a large ring of keys she fumbled to find the right one. she did so and flipped the small white wooden sign in the window to closed. she sighed under her breath as she made her arthritic way up the stairs.

"Well closed for tonight. maybe we'll get mote guest tomorrow."

42 Reviews

Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:45 pm
Shadowlight says...

Fionna Stumps down the stair her arthritic knees complaining with each one. reaching the front door she flips the small white sign to read OPEN.

"Alright lets see if we can get more guests in here today shall we?" she murmurs to the empty tavern room.

Alright taverns open, I will be on an off today but have a good ol' time!

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:10 am
LostMagi42 says...

Llynessa, an elf, walked by the tavern at 11 something at night. the sign said they were open, so she waltzed on in and took a seat at the counter, taking out a picture of her beloved Elvery. how she missed him, but she had to get her father's approval for their engagement and marrage. She sighed, and soon fell asleep on the counter
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"C IS FOR COOKIE! THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!"
- Cookie Monster, may he Rest In Peace

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:12 am
goofysmurf1 says...

The next morning a young boy wizard walked in the tavern and saw a elf sleeping at the counter. He said with a smile on his face "nothing like a practical joke!" He puts out his hand and sets the elves clothes on fire. Then left the tavern.
go to page.php?id=1242 now please and subcribe

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:27 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

I sent a glare after the wizard and doused the elf's clothes smoothly. I walked outside and blew lightly creating a gust of wind to knock the wizard off of his feet and into a tree. I walked back inside and sat down settling my cloak around me. " A bottle of brandy and a glass please." I said sliding my coins across the counter. "A little early aren't you?" Fionna asked. "Alcohol doesn't affect me." I replied.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:05 am
SerenityCross says...

I walked into the bar and looked around. Apart from one person having some sort of alchaholic drink, and an elf with partially burned clothes asleep on the counter, the place was pretty deserted. I walked over to the nearest table, hoping my dangerously sharp tail did not get caught on anything, and sat down. My Xenomorph's symbol hung from my neck and I played with it, my jet black claws gently scraping against my human skin. My humanoid legs jutted up and down as the human side of me complianed in impatience. The Xenomorph side of me, however, commanded my body to be still, andto wait.
Trust is like a mirror, able to be fixed if broken, but you can still see the cracks.

Writing is a form of personal freedom. It frees us from the identity we see in the making all around us. In the end, writers will write not to be outlaw heroes but to save themselves, to survive as individuals.

Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
— Mark Twain