Young Writers Society

What would happen if?

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:51 pm
View Likes
WrittenInStone says...

Arose - Insanity and Restraint

"Woohoo!" cried the stereo's music, and honestly she couldn't quite remember what song was playing. Mere moments ago she had been dancing and partying with her ... aquaintences when suddenly the entire groupe of people had frozen in place.
Arose walked towards two of the most attractive men in her joint, poking them and then deciding to see if they were faking - she planted a long kiss on each of their lips. Neither moved.
She waved a hand infront of their faces and blew in their ears but nothing seemed to make these men move. The rest of the group was still as stone, each staring at something infront of them.
Arose sighed, she looked around herself, struck a pose and locked her muscles in place as she acted frozen like the rest. At least she would fit in.

K, so what would your character do if she were suddenly placed in a horror film with no way out and she was about to be disected so a madman could take her heart and eat it?
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

Reviews: 1
Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:14 pm
View Likes
FailBros says...

Mantis
What the heck where am I *slowly turns around to face the huge Trolloc* AHHHHH- wait I duck under the water and transform into a pterodactyl and wreck their camp before I fly away.

What would you do if you turned into a dog and had no recollection of your past life?
No single word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, and purple.

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:56 am
View Likes
paperbackheart says...

Meena~

What just...I don't... Meena looked around her, her eyes big as she saw that everything was huge. Then she noticed her tail. It was taunting her. I'll show you who's boss! And thus, she began chasing her cute little tail.

What would happen if your character was forced to cook their enemy a gormet meal?
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles. -Anonymous.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:29 am
View Likes
LadyFreeWill says...

Lucas White, The Name of the Game/The Code of Black.

"You're kidding."

"No," Wellock replied, "Cook me a gourmet meal. Or your friend dies."

"What if I said I don't know how to cook?" Lucas said.

"Well that would be too bad," Wellock said sweetly, cocking his pistol and pointing it at the gagged and bound unconscious form of Alexander in the corner.

Lucas bit back and growl and forced a smile, "I know how to cook."

Two and a half hours later, Lucas set out a gourmet meal on the table in front of Wellock.

He filled a glass with wine and handed it to the man.

Sneering, Wellock said, "This must be very humiliating for you,"

Lucas smiled as Wellock threw back the wine in one swig, "Only for a moment," he assured him, "You would be stupid enough, of course," he said, walking across the room and untying Alexander, "To forget..."

Wellock was frozen, eyes wide. The wine glass slipped from his grasp and shattered on the ground, exploding red liquid. He slumped over and Lucas finished softly, "...that I am an expert and master of poisons."

With that, Lucas and Alexander sat down at the table and ate the meal Lucas had prepared for them.

New question: What would happen if your character had a psychiatrist who turned out to be their archnemesis?
Formerly TheScratchMan.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:04 am
View Likes
WrittenInStone says...

Zachary - Untamed Fury (Title under advisement)

He shifted on the padded leather of the sofa on which he lay, the tension slowly melting from his muscles as he closed his eyes and waited for the psychiatrist to return and continue their conversation which they had left off last saturday evening. His psychiatrist, a rather absurdly beautiful woman was always punctual and it was rather unsual that she be late for this meeting so close to the end of their sessions.

He jerked upright at the sound of a door opening, his amber gaze settling on the intruder and immediately he relaxed. "Antoinette," he greeted her with a sigh of relief.

"Zachary, it's nice to see you again. Now we'll begin where we left off, alright?" she said siddling up and sliding down into a comfy-looking computer chair. She crossed her legs,

Zachary nodded, but something felt strange. A subtle change in the air made the hairs on the back of his neck stand upright, making his lips thin into a straight line. He glanced down at her crossed legs and noticed the almost translucent shape of a serpent coiling itself about her ankle and immediately he leapt backwards.

He bared sharpened canines at the woman, the coyote's pawprint on his left breast burning angrily as he shook with both fear and unbridled fury.

"This is not exactly what I had in mind." she muttered as she rose to stand next to the chair. He watched in sick fascination as her tongue flicked outwards, it's forked ends licking the air - tasting his fear.

He snarled, "I wondered why your hand felt like a aligators scales!"

She hissed and lunged for him, but he was quicker be it she was a serpent. "You'll regret that comment." she lisped.

He barked a laugh before shifting and darting out the window, and plummeting from the tenth floor.

What would your character do if he/she awoke and found themselves to be blind and mute?
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

67 Reviews

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:02 am
View Likes
LadyFreeWill says...

Alyra West, Sticks and Stones

I opened my eyes and didn't see anything. Terror just rushed through me. It was awful, you know? Like sometimes it's so dark, when your eyes are open it's like they're not anyway. But it was morning. And I couldn't see. Those next few minutes were horrifying. I began to hyperventilate and I was just clawing at my eyes. When I tried calling for Mother or Daddy or even Grace, nothing came out. I couldn't even scream.

It was a nightmare, and I couldn't escape.

>> Short, yes, I know, but I just wanted to get that question over with. No one's updated since JULY!
So! New question: What would happen if your character woke up in bed with someone of the same gender? :) (Awkward much? It'd be great if said person was also their archnemesis...)
Formerly TheScratchMan.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:29 am
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

Blythe rolled over and let out a groan. The previous night was nothing but smoke and mirrors to him now; a faded memory in the back of his mind. He had a feeling, though, that it had been a good night. Elias and Eloise would still be asleep seeing that the sun had hardly poked over the hills yet. That's when he realized-- he was sleeping outside. And he no idea where on earth his pants were. The skirt he was wearing was certainly not his.

He rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands before propping himself up on his elbows. Surprisingly enough the grassy hill had made a satisfactory bed for the night. Now he was able to look down on the busy little town. The wagon was still parked neatly beside the road at the bottom of the slope. Perfect, the twins were safe.

Something moved beside him-- taking his attention. Another man. This one was wearing his pants, and holding a watermelon. Blythe pushed away and clambered to his feet-- yelling out a surprised "Who in the bloody hell are you!" as he did so.

The other man snapped awake and quickly sat up. He eyed the watermelon for a moment before dropping it. "Who am I? Who are you!? And why are you wearing my wife's skirt!?" He stumbled to his feet beside the man. His hand twisted into a tight fist.

Oh good Gemini, how was he going to explain this one to the twins?

~~~

Ffff Blythe xD

Question: What would happen if your character discovered they had a twin?
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Reviews: 1
Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:39 pm
View Likes
mvb627 says...

Minnow Jones:

I stared at me, or what I thought was the back of my head. I reached up and pinched it.

"Ow!" Someone shouted and my head turned around. Another girl was looking at me! I rose my eyebrow while she stared.
"What are you.." She started before I cut her off.
"You're my twin?"
"I don't know!" she exclamed, angry that I would've brought it up. I looked to my mom.
"Yes you two are twins. And you have to save the world."

Question: Who would you save the world with?
Kirby is my friend!

(o.o) <----- Raccoon is watching you.

67 Reviews

Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:44 pm
View Likes
LadyFreeWill says...

Franky Malloy; Plan A

"I've been given the great responsibility..." Franky paused to give his announcement a dramatic effect; "To save the world."
A fit of giggles met his words and he turned to scowl at the culprit.
"Sorry," Mel laughed, "But you've got to be kidding me, right?" He burst into another round of laughs.
"No! I'M NOT!" Franky retorted, "And just for that, I'll tell you who ISN'T going to help me save it -YOU!"

>>> Pick to of your favorite characters. Now, what would happen if they both met at a bridge while about to commit suicide?
Formerly TheScratchMan.

Reviews: 2
Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:38 pm
View Likes
ThisBookBelongsTo says...

William Harvey, 'The First Last Stand of George Theodore Arthur Montgomery':

What the devil am I doing in this barbaric situation? I know that I can depend upon Montgomery to do all he can to free me, but where is the boy? I ought to be able to tilt this cauldron... Yes! "Hallo? George, old boy?" I shall go and seek him out, though I'll be damned if I know where I am...

What would your character do if they could save the lives of 5 strangers by sacrificing their closest friend and confidante?
"Truth! Justice! Freedom! And a Hard-boiled egg!"
-The Glorious People's Revolution, Night Watch, Terry Pratchett

Reviews: 0
Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:12 pm
View Likes
Pinktoes says...

Amber-Lily, The Fourteen Summers of Jamie-Lynn

"Sacrifice Jamie? Or Hannah? No. No way. Those people can die, as long as my popularity is set in stone and protected from some gross queen bee."

What if your favorite character awoke to find that everything had dissapeared?

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:23 pm
View Likes
Hecate says...

What if your favorite character awoke to find that everything had dissapeared?

Blaze Riley from Samodiva

There is nothing. I am in the middle of nowhere, fields stretching out in every direction. Is this hell? Did they have Anna? Have they won? Has our last hope for survival disappeared? If so, perhaps it is better that I am here...No! I have to leave. I have to find her. Because, only she can save us from this madness. I bet this is one of Lilith's tricks. All I have to do is stay strong. Stay strong. She couldn't have brought Lucifer back yet. She couldn't have killed Anna. No. I am going to break free from this prison, and when I do, I am going to kill Lilith.

What if your character was trapped by a sick serial killer who gave your character an ultimatum, he/she would only be able to save their life and the life of one of the two people your character holds dearest. Who will die?

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:37 pm
View Likes
Anoia says...

George T. A. Montgomery, hero of the Charge of the Light Brigade:

Well, now, what a terrible conundrum! Of course, the only option would be to offer a compromise- both hostages shall be saved at the cost of my own life. What else could a man of any honour do?

What would your character do if they had to choose between living in a virtual world where everything was exactly as they wanted, but none of it was real, and the real world, which I'm sure is less than perfect?
"What we're trying to do is to write cricket bats, so that when we throw up an idea and give it a little knock, it might...travel."

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:10 pm
View Likes
ShootingStars says...

Lucy Bayne---The Clock

Ew... What kind of question is that? Me + computers and stuff like that = barf. Blech! Although on the other hand, I guess in a virtual reality world I'd have all the cute clothes and guys I wanted...

---Okay, yeah so what if you were at Disney World and you're riding the Tower of Terror (A giant drop tower) and it stops suddenly in the middle of the fall! Ugh. You're trapped in the dark, but see a green neon exit sign so you begin to unbuckle your straps holding you into the ride. Then suddenly THE TOWER OF TERROR BEGINS AGAIN, plummeting two stories. What is your character doing this entire time? ---

Shooting Stars :D
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:16 pm
View Likes
mithrim96 says...

Joden Pinewood (pre Jail-time) from The Life of an Assassin

It would be strange for me to be in a theme park in the first place unless a contract brought me there, and this person I was hired to kill somehow led me to be on this ride. If, halfway through the circuit, I decided to unbuckle the restraint, and then, by some unlucky coincidence, it began to move again, very swiftly, I would probably consider in the split seconds of decision time whether to cling to the car until it reached the exit or to leap in one death defying act of strength onto the platform. Arriving at the station out of my seat would arise questions and attention so I could only use my extra strength and ability from my DNA transfusions to make it to the exit door and retreat silently. I would then complete the contract and be in another city by nightfall.

What would you do if someone started killing off everyone who had anything to do with you? Friends, family, people you've met...? How would you react?
Keep writing for as long as it brings you joy!

"It's important we build up a level of trust. That way I'll catch you completely unprepared when I suddenly accuse you of murder." - Skulduggery Pleasant (read it!), Death Bringer, Derek Landy

Nothing is impossible, for the word itself says, 'I'm possible!'
— Audrey Hepburn