Young Writers Society

Tick Tock

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:46 pm
View Likes
lili024 says...

Spoiler! :
Yea, that was pretty bad description. Sorry.

The Plot
Welcome to an alternate Earth in the year 2014. Everything here is basically the same, except for one small detail: the watches.
It all started seventeen years ago, where some Swiss scientist claimed to have figured out 'the secret to a happy death'. They thought he was insane, so they didn't pay attention, but eight years later, they finally finished the first watch. It wasn't much of a looker- quite ugly and plain- but people started buying it after they saw what it could do:
It had the abbilty to show you the day and time you would die. I never mentioned the year, since this was prone to change, but you could take a little extra care of yourself during your day. Families and friends had dinner the day before and parties the next day, if the person made it. Suicide attempts could be prevented if you knew the person's day, and many failed suicide attempts happened when the people trying were not on their day.
It's honestly a miracle.
But, of course, every miracle has a bad side, but it's up to you to figure out what it is.
The Rules
    *Romance is allowed, but explicit scenes have to be censored
    *Violence is also allowed, but all killing must be done with permission from the other person's character
    *Basic YWS rules, as always
The Characters
You can be whatever you want, but some recomendations:
-some civillian that's having trouble with the watches
-scientists
-a good old fashioned villain
-a more complex misunderstoof villain?
Honestly, it's all up to you.
Have fun, fellows, and does anyone else hear the ticking?
[insert clever signature here]

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:03 pm
Editor says...

Hotaru
Darkness and Despair

"I hate you all," I murmur, raising my blade and slashing it down with just the flick of a wrist. I'm being truthful, I really do. Humans are cruel and destructive, filled with hatred. It is natural that after being tortured and humiliated countless times by cruel and destructive people, I became cruel and destructive as well. Hatred is the seed of cruelty and destructiveness, and it was built up inside of me long before I was truly a villan. My eyes look down on the young lady suffering beneath my blade. A small portion of pity is built up inside of me, but I let it go. I pierce her skin, carefully carving out her heart. I use her blood to write my name on the wall.

My name is Hotaru. It's a Japanese name that means darkness and despair. A fitting name, isn't it? Darkness and despair is what I give to others. It is also what got me to this stage in the first place. If I wasn't filled with darkness and despair, I would still be that one girl in school who never reacts to anything; like a robot. That was my nickname. No matter what type of harassment they decided to make me put up with, I pretended not to care. At least, until the one day I broke. I don't go to that school anymore; I don't go to any school at all. I'm a villain; a world-famous murderer.

I wish my clock would have stopped ticking a long time ago. I've tried suicide. No matter what I did I always ended up failing. I tried to jump off a bridge but got caught on a loose fragment of metal, and got stuck; a passerby pulled me back up. I tried to shoot myself in the temple, but the gun had no bullets. I tried to give myself a drug overdose, but the dealer gave me a fake. I tried to stab myself, but my mother came into the room. That was it for me. Long past broken.
ï' ø вøɾε

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:59 pm
Kelpies says...

I looked down at my watch, it was going haywire again. I walked to the clock shop to get it fixed again, but this time seemed to be different, because the dealer said:

"You know that watch I've been using as an example to customers?"

"Yea, the one you fit to me?"

"Yes, it's going haywire too."

He showed me the watch, it was doing all these different days, but the weird thing was, it did the exact same days at the exact same time as my own watch.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

Overripe sushi, The master Is full of regret.
— Buson