z

Young Writers Society

A School Of Corrupted Ones

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:53 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she set her things down and flipped her forearm on the back and clicked a hidden button which showed a code that seemed to be in pieces, only small bits of the code were readable, just as i thought, my code keeps getting more and more corrupted as the days go by... she sighed guess i'll have to treat it like a puzzle... she then started to put the pieces together but a few minutes later she winced and the screen turned off immediately and put her hand on her head "dammit..!"

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:08 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Beep. Beep. Beep.
Melody jumped, nearly knocking her head against the wall. She had forgotten about the alarm she had set the day before. Groaning, she pulled herself out of bed, glancing blearily around.
Where's my suitcase? She thought, mind still clouded with sleep. Suddenly, her eyes snapped open, and her hands flew to her face. "Oh no no no...I forgot my stuff on the bus!"
She groaned in exasperation. What do I do now? I have no clothes other than the ones I was wearing yesterday...
She glanced at the old gray hoodie and sweatpants lying in a heap at the corner of her bed. They had already been affected by her glitch, and little holes were starting to appear in their code.
They'll have to do for now. Maybe the school has a lost-and-found or something, She wrinkled her nose at the thought of digging through a box of used, smelly clothes, but desperate times call for desperate measures. If her suitcase didn't turn up anytime soon, action would have to be taken.
I just hope nobody notices... She thought, pulling the hoodie over her head and bolting out the door.

27 Reviews

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:15 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she was already out the door in a hoodie and jeans lets hope that my code doesn't act up today... she sighed out of frustration and exhaustion, she nearly stayed up all night trying to put her code back together but failed, her head ached from the jolts of pain that went through her body during that time, lets just hope i can survive the day..

Random avatar

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:25 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody screeched to a halt just before running into Ai...again.
Jeez, why do I keep bumping into people?
The other girl had dark hollows under her multicolored eyes and a slightly pained, grumpy look. She stared at Melody, who crossed her arms awkwardly in an effort to hide the glitched holes in her hoodie.
Oh no, she's judging me... Melody winced, her shoulders buzzing.

27 Reviews

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:33 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she looked at melody and her eyes softened slightly and then winced again putting hand on her head "damn this headache..." this is sure going to be a painful day... she put hand on melody's head and ruffled her hair slightly

Random avatar

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:43 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody stiffened a bit as Ai ruffled her hair, expecting the other girl to flinch back in pain. But...nothing happened. Ai's hand rested warmly on Melody's forehead, solid and...normal. The glitch blinked, slightly confused.
"That...didn't hurt?" She asked, flattening her hair into its original shape.

27 Reviews

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:49 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she looked at melody "no, should it hurt?" she tilted her head slightly, confused what does she mean by that question, am i missing something here? "i didn't feel a thing"

Random avatar

Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:06 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"I'm sorry, I just...well, you can probably see I'm pretty badly glitched," She said, gesturing to the multicolored boxes and fragments of broken code drifting around her. "It's...been getting worse as I've gotten older. Usually when I come in contact with new code, it causes things to go all...fritzy. I have to be careful around unfamiliar things."
Melody glanced at Ai, who was watching her patiently. She could feel her face getting hot, and little bursts of static began to show up around her shoulders. She covered her face with her hands.
"I'm sorry, it's just I--I've never really talked to another girl before. It's just my brother and Dads at home, and I've been homeschooled most of my life because of my...condition..." She trailed off, squeezing her eyes shut against the embarrassment. Her face was probably redder than a chili pepper right now...

27 Reviews

Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:15 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"i have a condition as well..it might be better if we speak of this in private school doesn't start for another 2 hours, would you like to come with me so i can explain it to you, you'll be the first person i tell" she gestured her hand out to melody and smiled slightly, offering her to come with

Random avatar

Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:26 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody smiled back, the redness receding from her face. She was glad Ai wasn't making this awkward. Stepping forward, she followed her new friend down the hallway.

27 Reviews

Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:17 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she walked to her dorm and walked inside, there were electronics in almost every part of the room "i'll explain everything here" she walked the rest of the way into her room "come in"

Random avatar

Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:33 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Whoa..." Melody stared around with wide eyes. Humming screens covered nearly every surface, connected with an assortment of wires and little metal beams. Cables crisscrossed the floor, plugging into every available outlet in the small room. "This is incredible. How did you have time to do it?"

27 Reviews

Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:54 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"i got here before school started, it didn't take long" she sat down on her bed and turned her forearm over "come sit"

Random avatar

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:28 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody sat beside Ai on the old bed. "So, how does this work?"

27 Reviews

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:34 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she sighed and clicked the button and a screen showed up with a code that was unreadable only bits and pieces were readable "this is my code, as you can see, its corrupted beyond repair.."

I'm a fledgling potato bird that lives in a nest in the rp forums
— Ley