z

Young Writers Society

How do I edit one of my works

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:18 pm
writewannabe says...

I need to delete some of my articles and I can't seem to do it . I find the works in my portfolio but there is no edit button. I have a couple that I need to delete. But I will be adding more

I did figure out to edit them but I need to be able to delete them. Well then can you just delete my account? I am writing for another site which is user friendly but they don't like duplicate content. If I can be able to delete the posts I want, that will be fine with them.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:40 am
Rosendorn says...

Go to the work you want to remove. Look to the right, under your avatar. You should see a heading called "Tools". Hit "Edit" and remove the text.

To make it invisible, hit the gear in the top line of tabs. That reveals a new line of tabs. Hit "Profile". On the lefthand side of the screen, you should see a "portfolio" option. Click on the folder where the works you want to be made invisible are, and check mark "private" for those works. Hit "submit" and they're gone from your portfolio.

As for deleting the actual shell of the topic, I'm sorry we can't do that. Nor can we delete your account. With how YWS is set up, it actually has a high risk of breaking the site. Just remove your work (which will remove it from our databases, unlike quite a few other sites) and don't log on.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

I wouldn't think "impossible" was even in your vocabulary.
— Sharpay Evans, High School Musical