Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Welcome » Welcome Mat » Questions and Answers

How do I delete a chapter?

Post a reply
96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:12 am
Dragongirl says...

I posted the same chapter twice and now I can't figure out how to delete one of them. I tried to but when I did it asked me if I wanted to soft delete it. I said yes but the chapter is still on there. What the heck is 'Soft deleting'? and how do I really delete my chapter?
The Writers Block lives under my bed.

~ A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need advice.~
- Bill Cosby

937 Reviews

Reviews: 937
Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:35 am
Rosey Unicorn says...

You have deleted it!

Soft deleting gives the post a pink background, and makes it nobody but you and the mods can see that chapter. Regular members can't see the topic at all, and if you make it invisible in your portfolio it's gone.

As for removing the post completely— you can't. It's those with admin powers who can. I'm not sure when they get permanently deleted, though.

We do this to make sure that nothing gets deleted by accident and we can get back to any deleted posts if we need it. ^^
You know you're a writer when you're not alarmed at hearing voices in your head, you can't read a book without analyzing it for plot & characters and you consider something you nearly killed yourself to write the most rewarding.

Guilty as charged.

96 Reviews

Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:02 am
View Likes
Dragongirl says...

Thanks Rosey, you are the best. I will do as you say and make it invisible. (If I can figure out how to do that.) Thanks a bunch for answering my question.
DG

- Bill Cosby

937 Reviews

Reviews: 937
Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:42 am
Rosey Unicorn says...

When you go to your portfolio, you should see an "edit portfolio" option under its title. There, you can add folders, change the image of any item in your portfolio, and make the item invisible. To do the last, just find the item and click "make invisible." It'll show up as grey in the edit view, and not show up at all in the normal view.
You know you're a writer when you're not alarmed at hearing voices in your head, you can't read a book without analyzing it for plot & characters and you consider something you nearly killed yourself to write the most rewarding.

Guilty as charged.

96 Reviews

Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:45 am
View Likes
Dragongirl says...

Once again, thanks. :D

- Bill Cosby