Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Welcome » Welcome Mat » Questions and Answers

Art/Photos Featured?

Post a reply
173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:26 pm
shiney1 says...

Can art and photography submissions be featured, because I heard that they can't for some reason. If this is true, why?
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

♂ + God = ♥
♀ + God = ♥
♂ + ♀ + God = ♥

937 Reviews

Reviews: 937
Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:21 pm
Rosey Unicorn says...

It is true that they cannot be featured.

The reason is, for a very long period of time, Art/Photography dominated the featured works block. There were only 1 or 2 pieces of prose/poetry featured at any given time, and sometimes there were no written pieces featured. Because this is the Young Writers Society, the mods decided that it didn't reflect well to have art/photography featured on the home page, so it was restricted to lit works only.
You know you're a writer when you're not alarmed at hearing voices in your head, you can't read a book without analyzing it for plot & characters and you consider something you nearly killed yourself to write the most rewarding.

Guilty as charged.

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:33 pm
shiney1 says...

Oh, okay.
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

♂ + God = ♥
♀ + God = ♥
♂ + ♀ + God = ♥