z

Young Writers Society

Regarding Contest Judging

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:17 pm
joshuapaul says...

I started a contest and the prize structure wasn't typical. I wanted a winner and three runner-ups/highly commended awards. I assumed, because the competition was approved, that the judging format would be changed. But, as I now go to judge the competition I only have three options, first, second of third. If it is not too much trouble, can I change it to have 1 winner and three equal runner-ups? OR alternatively, can I select one winner and no second/third place and simply notify the entrants via the wall, whom has placed as a runner-up?

Not sure what sort of response to expect, but if any mods have any advice it would be much appreciated.

JP
Read my latest

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:38 pm
Rydia says...

I don't think there is a way to change the structure. It's a little new to us as well so I might be wrong. The only person who'd know for sure is Nate so you may need to send him a pm. Alternatively you could just anounce the winner and two of the runer ups and then make an extra comment on the competition to include the final runner up?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:06 pm
Rosendorn says...

I'm pretty sure the contest structure is standard form and hard-wired into the site. I think it'd be best to follow Kitty's suggestion and just make a comment on the contest or send a PM to the winners informing them of how they placed.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
— Albus Dumbledore