z

Young Writers Society

Regarding Contest Judging

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:17 pm
joshuapaul says...

I started a contest and the prize structure wasn't typical. I wanted a winner and three runner-ups/highly commended awards. I assumed, because the competition was approved, that the judging format would be changed. But, as I now go to judge the competition I only have three options, first, second of third. If it is not too much trouble, can I change it to have 1 winner and three equal runner-ups? OR alternatively, can I select one winner and no second/third place and simply notify the entrants via the wall, whom has placed as a runner-up?

Not sure what sort of response to expect, but if any mods have any advice it would be much appreciated.

JP
Read my latest

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:38 pm
Rydia says...

I don't think there is a way to change the structure. It's a little new to us as well so I might be wrong. The only person who'd know for sure is Nate so you may need to send him a pm. Alternatively you could just anounce the winner and two of the runer ups and then make an extra comment on the competition to include the final runner up?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:06 pm
Rosendorn says...

I'm pretty sure the contest structure is standard form and hard-wired into the site. I think it'd be best to follow Kitty's suggestion and just make a comment on the contest or send a PM to the winners informing them of how they placed.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me.
— Paul Simon