z

Young Writers Society

How do you delete your work

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:56 pm
View Likes
heav1234 says...

I need help deleting some of my poem can u tell me how to do that. i would appreciate a lot. thank you :D

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:05 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

There are two ways to answer this question!

First off, we don't delete literary works if they have comments posted on them! This is because it would affect everyone involved, and that would hardly be fair at all. Instead, you can ask one of us folks in green (like me) to lock the topic for you, and you can remove the text from the original post!

If you're asking about deleting some of your poem, then that's much easier! You simply pull up the thread your poem is in and click the "Edit" button in the upper right-hand corner of the post. You can remove whatever you want from the post from there, but be sure to hit the "Submit" button after you finish editing!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:42 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Just to clarify, you should remove the text (by using the "edit" button, as Lumi explained) before asking a mod to lock it, or even locking it yourself! (just scroll to the bottom of the thread, find the bar that says "lock topic" and hit "go." That locks it for you. If you ever want it unlocked, just talk to somebody in green) Once a topic is locked nobody but a mod can edit it. If you ever want it unlocked, bug the folks in green!

If you posted a work for a contest, and it can't be online, just ask one of the mods to remove any of the quoted sections of the poem if there are any. :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Reviews: 0
Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:13 am
View Likes
JasmineCaterine says...

Please could you lock my story for me? I only have one
Its called The man in the bola hat
I dont know how else to get it off

1272 Reviews

Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:15 pm
Rosendorn says...

You can lock it yourself! Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for a drop-down menu that says "lock topic." Hit "go" and after a bit the topic is locked. But if you want the story gone, be sure to edit it out first, by clicking the "edit" button at the top right of your original post.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:37 am
View Likes
profisize says...

I locked my story thinking that it would be deleted (in some sense anyway) but now discovered I was wrong.... how can I "delete" my story now??

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:38 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

You should still be able to go into your first post and edit out all the text. You'll have to put something there, like [Deleted], but once you get rid of the text, it's gone forever.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

1272 Reviews

Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:17 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Kyllorac wrote:You should still be able to go into your first post and edit out all the text. You'll have to put something there, like [Deleted], but once you get rid of the text, it's gone forever.

If you can't do this because it's locked, then just bug the folks in green with a link and we'll edit it out for you.

Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
— G.K. Chesterton