Young Writers Society

How often should you post works?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:20 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Yeah I'm not exactly new, but I have a question. How frequently is it okay to post works? I have a poem I really want to post, but I feel like I shouldn't yet since I just posted one on Friday. Plus I'd still like the first poem to get some more comments.

So what do you think? Is there a gap to how often works should be posted? Mine would be in different forums if that makes a difference to anyone.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:07 am
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Well the only real restriction is something like one or two literary works per 24 hours (I'm fairly sure that's it). Other than that, there's no rules.

It seems like the only thing to be concerned about is overflowing a particular forum with your own work (such as with posting several chapters of a novel within a few days). But if it's two poems in different forums it shouldn't make much difference. :) I don't think there's anything to worry about ;)
Got YWS?

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:16 pm
View Likes
lilymoore says...

I have an "every other day" policy personally. I find that if I submit something on, say, Thursday, then by Saturday, whatever I wrote before has seen it's comment peak and then has been buried under enough works that I don't look like I'm too post happy. :)
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.
— John Donne