z

Young Writers Society

Chapter Organization in Novels?

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:32 am
Mazey says...

So I recently began a new novel here on YWS (titled Vanish). When I started the novel, I began with Chapters 1 and 2 before deciding to put in a very much needed prelude.

When I did put a prelude in, I noticed that I could not change the order in which my chapters were placed in the novel page - for instance, it has the chapters listed as this:

Vanish - Prelude
Vanish - Chapter 2
Vanish - Chapter 1

and I would so very much like it to list as:

Vanish - Chapter 2
Vanish - Chapter 1
Vanish - Prelude

I've looked very hard, and cannot seem to find a way to where I can organize the chapters on my novel page to look like that. I figured out how to change it in my portfolio... but my OCD just really makes me want to be able to have it in order on my novel page as well. :)

If you could help, it would be very much appreciated! And if you can't yet organize chapters in a novel, I understand.

Cheers!

-Mazey
"Write what you want to read."

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:19 pm
Rosendorn says...

My only suggestion is to uncheck all novel chapter in your novel, past the prelude. Hit "submit" so your novel is only one chapter long. Then, go back into editing your novel and re-add the other two chapters.

Hopefully that works. :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Follow your passion. Stay true to yourself. Never follow someone else's path unless you're in the woods and you're lost and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.
— Ellen DeGeneres