z

Young Writers Society

Ummm... Help? Please? :)

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:14 am
Amfliflier says...

So reviews. How does that work? I've seen people with one star, people with five stars, I've even seen people with three blue stars and two yellow stars! What's that all about?
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:18 am
wonderland says...

You get stars for reviewing. You also rank up for reviewing.
More information could be found here

topic54894.html
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

151 Reviews

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:40 am
Amfliflier says...

I realize that, but what do I review exactly?
Forever for All <3

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:57 am
Funkymomo says...

You see the big button that says Discover works on that line that has all those words on it? yeah, you do. In there's a ton of stories and such people have written. Stories, poetry, art, that's all there. Tell people what you think about there stuff, tell them how to improve and such, and you get points needed to submit your own works!

Isn't that exciting?
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:59 am
Sins says...

You review, well, anything you can. :P

I'm not sure whether you don't know what to review exactly, or whether you don't know what to put in your reviews. Whichever one, the link wickedwonder gave you is a really great description of a few things connected to reviewing.

I'm assuming you've seen examples of reviews, right? Obviously don't copy what the other reviewers have said, but use their reviews as a kind of foundation to yours. If you're reviewing a story, maybe mention your opinion on the characters, plot, grammar e.t.c. If it's a poem, you could mention the rhyming scheme, the flow of the poem, the word choice e.t.c.

There are plenty of stories, poems, art pieces, non-fiction e.t.c. on the site that would love to get a review. Well, not the pieces themselves... but the writers/artists. If you're confused to as of where it all is, like Funkymomo said, it's all under the Discover Works tab.

Sorry I'm being a bit vague, but I'm not entirely sure of what you're confused about. :)
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:36 am
Kale says...

Also, if you have any questions or want some reviewing tips, you can always PM someone with a green name at any time. We'll be happy to answer your questions and/or provide reviewing tips.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:38 am
Rosendorn says...

A review is your opinion of a literary work posted on YWS. You find literary works by going to Discover Works in the header, as Funkymono says. You then go to one of the forums, pick a story you think will be interesting, read it, and hit "reply." You then say your opinion of the work, making sure the review is over 250 characters (use the character counter under your typing box to check). Then, click submit! :)

That's the mechanics of how to review.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

151 Reviews

Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:23 pm
Amfliflier says...

That was a lot more than I expected. Thank you all so much!
Forever for All <3

If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
— Anatole France