z

Young Writers Society

Can this be deleted for me?

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:15 am
View Likes
d@ydre@mer27 says...

Hey there, I was just wondering how I would go about getting someone to delete a few things from my portfolio if that's possible?
Thanks in advance!
-day
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." ~courtesy of one of history's funniest men, Groucho Marx. ^_^

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:20 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Unfortunately, that is impossible. Since YWS keeps track of post counts / reviews and gives rewards for those things, most things posted are maintained. However, you could always go in and remove the original text from your post by Editing it out.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:46 am
View Likes
d@ydre@mer27 says...

Many thanks Lumi! I'll try that...
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." ~courtesy of one of history's funniest men, Groucho Marx. ^_^

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:52 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Also, you should probably change the title to "removed" or something similar to let people know the work's not there anymore. :) Usually, it's best to include a note that you removed something by saying "removed by author."
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:49 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

Also, you can hide deleted works in your portfolio.

Go to your profile and click the Portfolio tab. In the upper left corner, there should be [ Edit Portfolio ]. Hit that, scroll down to the works you want to hide, and there should be a link saying "Make X Invisible to Others". And there you go.

To go back to the regular view, scroll up the page and hit [ View Portfolio ]. The works you hid should no longer be visible.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch