z

Young Writers Society

Is this normal?

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:44 am
lilymoore says...

First off, I don't even know if I'm allowed to ask something here because the description on this thread clearly says: "New to YWS and have a question? Ask away." And I'm by no means new any more.

Now that I'm done rambling.

Okay, this is what my normal bottom right hand corner looks like:
normal.JPG
normal.JPG (14.52 KiB) Viewed 243 times

But the YWS 2010 Yearbook post (which was made an Announcement) looks like this:
not normal.JPG
not normal.JPG (18.77 KiB) Viewed 243 times

Is the fact that it's an announcement making it different or what?
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:48 am
Demeter says...

Well, it says Action/Adventure Stories because announcements show up on all forums. But why it suddenly says Quick-mod Tools, I have no idea. o.O /help
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:44 pm
Rosendorn says...

It is probably because of the redirect. Any other tools besides lock?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:58 pm
AquaMarine says...

I thought that users had some quick mod tools for their own topics? Unless I just completely made that up and have been living a lie. :)
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:27 pm
BondGirl007 says...

I'm pretty sure that's normal, you're able to lock your own threads. So as long as you don't have any other options I think you're good. :)
"I'd rather be hated for being who I am, then loved for who I'm not."

1272 Reviews

Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:55 pm
Rosendorn says...

From my understanding you can only lock your own literary topics. I can't lock a storybook I started, for example.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:19 pm
lilymoore says...

No other tools besides lock but I went and looked at one of my own literary submissions and it does show up there, I've just never seen that. Cool! And yeah, the only option is lock.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

1272 Reviews

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:50 pm
Rosendorn says...

So it was just the change in post type that caused the Lock option to be there. Good to know!

Well, the only way to start is by starting
— AvantCoffee