z

Young Writers Society

chapters

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:08 pm
Krp0 says...

i'm new, and have one question that if you answer you will be my SAVIOR! *clears throat* how do you add another chapter to your story?
Run free. Be free. No one owns you.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:20 pm
Rosendorn says...

Do you mean through the Novels system or just in general?

In general, you have two options. Either make the whole novel one thread, or make each chapter a new thread. My preferred method is making a thread a chapter, but it's up to you.

Making a new thread for chapters just involves making a new thread, putting your novel title in, and "chapter #" at the end. Makes organizing things easy, and you get a few more reviews per chapter.

To add a new chapter by using Novels, then post a chapter and make sure the word "chapter" is in the title. A blue box should show up above the title to the right of the screen, asking if this is part of a novel. Just fill in the information, pick a cover (you can only use the covers available) and it's done! Every time you write a new chapter and post it, you'll be asked if this is part of your project. Clicking "yes" makes it so you can add the chapter to the novel easily.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:26 pm
Kale says...

Don't forget when posting new chapters to post them in the appropriate Novel forum. When you go under Submit, there's a separate heading titled Novels & Chapter Works.

If you misplace a chapter, though, no worries. You can always PM one of the mods (whose names are in green) and we'll move it for you. Or, if we see it's in the wrong spot, we'll move it and let you know. :D
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

If it wasn't for poetry, I couldn't express myself.
— Rosendorn