z

Young Writers Society

Storybooker Badge?

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:38 am
View Likes
Jas says...

I'm confused. Is there more than one way to get a badge? Because I thought there was only nominations and if Nate was feeling particulary awesome, but I checked the notifications and realized A LOT more people have the Storybooker Badge than the nominations say. So yeah, I was just wondering.

~Jas
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:55 am
View Likes
Demeter says...

The only way to get the badge is to be nominated enough times after which a mod gives you the badge –– or, occasionally if the mod feels like the user deserves a badge, even if they hadn't been nominated for it. In this case, some members who used to be active storybookers but aren't necessarily active on the site anymore may have earned the badge.

Hm, is this even what you meant? :P
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:16 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

There was also a lot of badges given out under the old nomination process but their completed nominations weren't carried across to the new forum.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:27 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

What Heather said, basically. If you'll notice, all badges are like this! It doesn't say I've been nominated for any of the badges I have, but I got them all on the old system of nominations, and the votes didn't carry over to the new system.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:15 pm
Bloo says...

The only bad part is, if you already had the badge prior, people can;t over nominate you. I see people with like 20 nominations, and then I have a basic zero lol.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:55 pm
Nate says...

Bolt wrote:The only bad part is, if you already had the badge prior, people can;t over nominate you. I see people with like 20 nominations, and then I have a basic zero lol.

Heh, that's a bug. It shall be fixed in the next week.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:25 am
Jas says...

Oh, lol, why didn't I think of that? Thanks guys! :)

~Jas
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

As a writer, I'm more interested in what people tell themselves happened rather than what actually happened.
— Kazuo Ishiguro