z

Young Writers Society

YWS and School ~ YWS and Other Sites

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:38 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Okay, so I may just be silly, but I've always been a bit hesitant about posting an essay online because schools I have attended have a zero plagiarism rule. They will check if it's not online, but if I posted it prior then they can find it. But I was the one who posted it...? Strange question, I know. I was wondering because I'm going to Summer School Camp and I'm taking a class on Creative Writing. I'd like to be posting short stories (yes, my stories will have a beginning, middle, and end!) on here soon. I'd love to hear from people on YWS, but is it possible I could get in trouble?

Also, I've been active on other writing sites, but in my opinion the critiques didn't measure up to YWS critiques. Can I still post those stories and poems on YWS?

If anyone can back to me on this, thanks a bunch!
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:45 pm
AquaMarine says...

I don't have an idea about the school thing - although I've posted stories that have been assignments for school on YWS. But that might just be because my school can't be bothered to check!

I'm pretty sure you can post stories you've posted somewhere else on YWS too. It's not like you're publishing them, right? But, I'm not totally sure. :)
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:52 pm
peanut19 says...

I would tell your teacher about it. Explain that it is you posting the stories online, not you taking them from a writing site. That way you can't get in trouble. And your teacher will probably love it xD My Literature teacher last year got introduced to YWS and read my stories on here so it might not be a bad thing.

~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:01 pm
Rosendorn says...

You can also remove them! Put them up on the site, get the reviews, and when you're about to hand it remove the text of the story/essay (replace the title with "removed") and flag down a mod to remove the content in any quotes that get made.

You can also PM people, asking if they'll review the story. Then it never hits the public boards. A lot of critics don't mind doing this. :)

Peanut's idea of telling the teacher isn't a bad one. You might have to show them your profile, but it's a good idea.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

146 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Thanks for the replies, guys!

These are all really good ideas. I think the easiest might be to just tell my teacher about it and get the okay or PM it to members (though I think I bother people enough here, lol).

And no I don't have any plans on publishing my work, so I think I'll just post it.
Got YWS?

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:59 pm
peanut19 says...

Selene, if you need somebody to look at stuff I'll be happy to. Just PM it to me or post it and I'll review it :)

~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

146 Reviews

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:22 am

Aw, thanks peanut! :D
Got YWS?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
— Thomas Edison