z

Young Writers Society

A few questions about blogs

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:05 am
Calligraphy says...

1. Can you subscribe to a blog?

2. Does anyone have any ideas what I should do a blog about?

3. What is a blog CSS? I am totally confused.

Thanks,

A. S.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:37 am
Nate says...

1. Subscribing to a Blog:
Look for a 'Subscribe to this blog' somewhere on the page. It's a little bit out of the way, but most blogs have it.

2. What to do a blog about:
People have tried to do blogs on specific stuff before, and they always fail. I'm not sure if it's because they don't follow-up or it's because people just aren't interested, but it's best to just do a blog about yourself. When YWSers go to the blogs section, they're looking to find out more about their fellow YWSers, not tips on such and such.

3. Blog CSS:
CSS is a type of programming code that controls how a website looks. Googling 'CSS' will bring up lots of articles on it. But, I also just made a Modify Blog Generator that'll make things easier. Look for the link to it underneath where it says 'Blog CSS' on the 'Blog Config' page.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:45 am
Snoink says...

Also, if you want to subscribe to a blog, you can always add that member as a friend. His blogs will appear in your feed, which can be found by going to your profile and clicking the tab that says "Feed." Or scrolling up to the very top of this page... there should be a link to your feed there too. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone