z

Young Writers Society

Can you post a novel here AND get it published?

Random avatar

Reviews: 43
Mon May 24, 2010 2:36 am
NepoGirl says...

I want to post a novel on here, but when I'm done, I want to try to get it published. Can I post it here and get it published too?

Please Anwser!

Ciao! :elephant:
This Months Disney Film: Beauty And The Beast

~Is It Wrong That I Find The Beast More Attractive As An Actual Beast Then His Human Prince Form?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon May 24, 2010 2:43 am
Rosendorn says...

Yes. On YWS, you can remove work before it's published, and chances are you're going to edit your work between posting it on YWS before you get it published. Between removing and any changes that are going to be made, you should be fine.

Somebody who's more knowledgeable on the subject can fill in any blanks, but that's the gist.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon May 24, 2010 2:08 pm
Demeter says...

Indeed! And posting your work on YWS can help you on the way, since you'll (hopefully) get a lot of good suggestions on how to make it even better :D
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Mon May 24, 2010 9:23 pm
Lauren2010 says...

You definitely can! Nate even posted a big ol' blog entry about first publication rights and YWS.

You can read it here: http://www.writinggooder.com/2010/03/17 ... -internet/

Basically, it says that by posting on the internet (YWS) you do not void first publication rights and you should be just fine with most publishers. Though, if you post your work on the internet you should definitely inform your agent and/or publisher if you end up getting published. And you should especially inform them if you haven't made any changes after posting it on the internet.

Good luck with the novel!

-Lauren-
Got YWS?

I don't care what the miserable excuse is for showing the death of books, live, on screen. Men, I could understand; but books! -
— Edwin Morgan, From the Video Box 2