z

Young Writers Society

What does it mean?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri May 07, 2010 12:19 am
screamandshout says...

Ok whenever i pot a new peice it alwayse says "remember if you don't review you wont get reveiws" or something of that nature. well how does that work? Do the ppl who run the site hold the reviews or something?

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Fri May 07, 2010 12:24 am
Jas says...

Nope. It's just a little bit of advice. If you don't review, you won't get as many reviews because people won't be very willing to review someone who never reviews. Do unto others what you want unto yourself. If you want lots of reviews, you should review :)

There used to be a ratio where you HAD to review at least 5 works for every work you put up, but Nate deleted that :)
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Fri May 07, 2010 12:51 am
View Likes
Evi says...

To clarify, a review is anything you post on someone else's writing that gives them advice or suggestions on how to improve. Here are some good articles on writing helpful reviews; you should take a look at them!

How to Write a Good Critique (By: Suzanne)

The YWS Critique Sandwich (By: Nate)

And, the treasure trove of all critiquing articles:

Critiquing Tutorials - A collection of articles (By: SPEW).

;) It just means that people will be more likely to give you feedback on your work if they know that you're giving back to the site community through reviewing. Another plus is that, through critiquing and learning how to spot errors, you become a better editor of your own work!
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

Please immediately cease and desist from offering Bob any more coffees with peppermint sprinkles. Thank you.
— SilverNight