Young Writers Society

The World According To Harry

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:47 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

After a long and fierce competition, it was decided that YWS's next radio production would be The World According to Harry by @Birkhoff. The hilarious comedy but also an intense story of what happens when an extraterrestrial meets a young boy, and it will air at a tbd date in mid August.

If you want to audition for a voice part, make sure you will be available in mid to late August to perform. You must have a Skype account and reliable access! Lead characters will need to have more availability than supporting characters.

So, if you're interested, here are the available parts, along with gender distinction and any other guidelines.

Jeff (M): The main character. Boy-next-door quality.
Susie (F): Jeff's best friend. Soft spoken, innocent voice.
Harry (Either): An alien. Be able to speak in both garbled gibberish and in an educated, high-class manner.
Father (M): Jeff's father. Fatherly voice
Ensemble (2 People): Will be responsible for various supporting characters throughout the script.

So if you want a voice, please send me a PM with the following information by Sunday, July 20th.

Part desired:
Days I will not be around:
Times when I am most available: (days of the week and time of day)
Times when I am least available: (days of the week and time of day)

Then, please use whatever means available to you to record your voice for no more than 30 seconds about why you want the part. Try to follow the guidelines posted for each character. If you're applying for ensemble, please use two distinct voices for the recording.

Thank you and don't hesitate if you have any questions. A cast list, as well as an announcement about the show itself, will go up next week.

If you auditioned for a voice part for Jamie's Coin and did not get it, you are more than welcome and encouraged to audition again! :)

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:13 pm
Elinor says...

Hello everyone!

Due to unforeseen personal life things, I have to postpone this for a little while (probably until November-December). But I will keep everyone updated.

If you already submitted for a voice part, sit tight.

If you still want to audition, you're welcome to do so at any time, just keep in mind that the show won't be airing for a few months!

Sorry if this inconveniences anyone and thank you for understanding!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

Poetry lies its way to the truth.
— John Ciardi