Young Writers Society

I'm a new addition :)

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:36 pm
View Likes
Yazi says...

Hi everyone! :D

My name is Yasmina, I am from Guinea-Bissau in north west Africa. I travel a lot because my mom moves a lot and it's a real joy ride because I get to discover other cultures.
I am currently a student about to enter the IB program. I aspire to study either Business Management or Biomedical Engineer and one of my biggest dreams, that makes it to the top 5 is to go to Yale University. Another one of my dreams that makes it to the top 5 is to be published and for my novels to be bestsellers. :mrgreen:
I have 2 siblings, and older sister and a younger brother and I have a labrador called Nahla.
My favorite authors are Veronica Roth, Marie Lu, Suzanne Collins, Stephenie Meyer, Sarah Dessen and Anne Robillard.
My favorite book genre is dystopian fiction.
This is all I can think about at the moment! :)
Always be a poet, even in prose.
-Charles Baudelaire

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:49 pm
View Likes
Searria H. says...

Hi there, Yazi! Welcome to YWS! :elephant: My name is Searria, but most people call me "Sea."

If you haven't already, you might go check out The Buddy System. We pair up more experienced members with newer members who would like someone to show them around the site, answer their questions, and review their work for about a one-month period. Even if you don't want a permanent buddy, you can always drop by the club with any questions, and we'll help you out. :D

I was born and raised in the same house, so I don't really know what it feels like to move around. But I'm glad you seem to enjoy it! I've always loved learning about other cultures, but the closest I can get is through books and documentaries. :)

Also! You probably already noticed, but we have our monthly Review Day coming up! You can either join a team or go solo, but it's a day strictly for reviewing. Unfortunately, you can't post any of your own work during Review Day, but for the 24 hours prior, literary submissions are free! What a deal! ;) I hope you can join us. :D
Anyway, thanks for sharing so much about yourself with us! Let me know if I can ever do anything for you. I'll see you around the site!

Happy writing!
-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:18 pm
skorlir says...

Welcome to YWS!

I like the quote in your signature.
Searria covered the Buddy System, and you've found the welcome mat, but don't hesitate to ask anyone about anything at all. We're pretty much always helpful. ;)

Be forever hortatory,
~Skorlir

You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind