z

Young Writers Society

Hello :)

Reviews: 0
Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:43 pm
Caiti says...

I was never good at writing this sort of thing.

My name is Caiti, I'm 13 years old and I live in Canada.

I'm a dog trainer, and my life revolves around dogs. I'm actually certified, which isn't something most thirteen year olds can say. With my dog, Wylie, I practice and compete in Agility, Obedience, Rally-o, Canine Freestyle and Flyball. I also offer my services to the public, so I train other people's dogs.

I love to draw and paint, mostly animals such as dogs, cats, wolves and owls. Sometimes I do abstract or surrealism.

I have been writing since I can remember, but I was first published when I was eight. I write both stories and poetry, pretty much all genres, although my writing tends to have a darker taste. I'm a three time NaNoWriMo winner and a twice Script Frenzy winner (before they shut it down :( ). I've written several novels, and one poem book. I've also written several books on dog training and animal behavior.

I love to read, and I read pretty much all genres. I am a huuuuuuuuuge fan of Sherlock Holmes, and I'm fond of Edgar Allen Poe. I also like Kenneth Oppel and J.K. Rowling. My favorite stories would have to be Sherlock Holmes (all of them lol), Half-Brother, and all of the Harry Potter stories.

I plan on becoming a service and therapy dog trainer when I'm older, although I have a potential mentor in a woman who trains Belgian Malinois for work, protection and Schutzhund competition so I'll have to see. While dogs are my primary focus in life, writing is a close second. :pirate3:

It's crazy how your life can be twisted upside down inside out and around and you can get sushi from safeway still looking like a normal person
— starchild314