z

Young Writers Society

Have you ever met a twelve year old writer before?

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:45 am
EatSleepRead1120 says...

Hi! I am kind of new, but I was just exploring the site when I found this. I decided to give this a shot, so hello, I am a writer here on YWS.

Let's see, what should I say? Um, I am twelve years old, and I first started writing when my life got interesting enough to make me write about it. I started with random short stories and little one-shots first. Then as I started to like writing even more, I decided to start writing big stories and novels. Thanks to Google, I found this website and immediately joined. So here I am.

Don't worry, I have a life besides just writing all day. I read and read and read all the time, sometimes just opening my book in the middle of class when there is an opportunity. I'm a swimmer on a real serious swim team. My days are usually filled with hardcore two to three hours of swimming. It's pretty overwhelming so when I actually do have time, I write. I used to dance for I think six years. I used to do gymnastics when I was three. I did piano, and I did singing lessons and T-Ball and cheer leading and ice skating. Notice how I said "did" and not "do"? Yeah, I had to quit all of them just for swimming. My parents are really serious about swimming.

Also, if you want to know what I look like, I have black hair, brown eyes, and I'm tall with quite a bit of muscle.

I like blue and green and yellow. I believe in all of those meaningful and inspiring quotes. I have a lot of favorite books and movies and TV shows. I have an Instagram (@iswimforever1120)!

I don't quite have a real best friend yet, but I have a lot of close friends, both girls and boys.

I would really like it if you read my stories and reviewed them. I am just twelve, and I have a lot to learn. Please? :wink:

Um, so I kinda ran out of things to say. I guess, ask if you want to know anything else? Thanks! Loving YWS! :D
12 year old writer.

"Don't worry if people remember you only when they need you. Feel privileged that you are like a candle that comes to their mind when there is darkness."

Reader! Loving every great little thing in a great big book.

~Renee

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:16 pm
Iggy says...

Greetings and weclome to YWS! My name is Ariel and I'm a mentor here. :-)

What is a mentor, you ask? Well, check out The Buddy System! It's a cool club where mentors, like me, help out newbies, like you, in everyway we can. Whether it's a review you require, advice to be absorbed, questions to be answered, a general tour of YWS, or just a friend to talk to, we are here for you! Check it out.

PM me if you have questions. Cheers.~
Last edited by Iggy on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

18 Reviews

Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:43 am
EatSleepRead1120 says...

Okay, I'll check it out. Thanks. :)
12 year old writer.

"Don't worry if people remember you only when they need you. Feel privileged that you are like a candle that comes to their mind when there is darkness."

~Renee

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:39 pm
crossroads says...

Seconding Ariel from word to word ^^

Also welcome - though I've seen you around c:
What genre do you prefer writing? And reading? Any favourite authors, or styles, or artists perhaps? :3

Swimming and piano and iceskating and singing and whatnot; you sound like a very interesting person indeed, and it's pretty admirable to have tried so much and are so serious about your swimming at your age ^^
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

18 Reviews

Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:46 pm
EatSleepRead1120 says...

Thanks. :)

I like to write romance and realistic fiction. I'm also trying to write a science fiction story too, though.

I really really love dystopia novels and fantasy and science fiction and... practically everything, really. The only thing I don't really prefer are biographies, like everyone else.

I don't really have one favorite author, so I'll name a few. Veronica Roth (Divergent series), Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games series), Marie Lu (Legend series), John Green (The Fault in Our Stars), and James Patterson (Maximum Ride). I have a TON more, but these are my top, I think...

I like to listen to Fun, Pink, Imagine Dragons, Maroon 5, Owl City, and Adam Lambert. Like I said, I have a TON more.

As you can see, I'm easily impressed. ;)
12 year old writer.

~Renee

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:00 am
cm57105 says...

Hey! :D

I'm a twelve year old writer too! We will eventually take over YWS! :evil: :D
If you don't have a trophy case that spins into a secret room with a press of a button, then your an idiot.

Need a review? You've come to the right person.

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&p=1143828#p1143828

305 Reviews

Reviews: 305
Tue May 28, 2013 7:46 pm
speakerskat says...

I started when I was ten and am only 13 now!
Salt in the air, blood in my veins, no more black clouds, just colorful days...

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:26 am
Wonder says...

I just joined like a week ago, and I'm twelve too!! :D I wish I would've found out about this sooner -- I only found YWS because I randomly searched up, 'young writers'.

I'm glad there are other people like me!! I read, read, read; I love those inspirational quotes, etc.

I hope you're having fun on YWS! I sure am! :D
Even though the girl smiles and laughs doesn't mean that she isn't dead inside.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:55 am
yubbies21 says...

I joined YWS when I was twelve, and I'll have to say, without everyone here, I wouldn't have fallen in love with writing. Hats off and good luck to the young writers in our midst!
beep

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:33 pm
WillowPaw1 says...

Hi! I'm an 11 year old writer but very close to being 12!!

It's nice to see that there are writers on here that are in my age group.

I really like writing realistic fiction as well, but fantasy is also fun, I love creating new, exciting worlds and plopping characters into them.

:D
Well.

Hello there.

Want a review? Feel free to request one in my topic:
WillowPaw's Reviews

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Thu May 08, 2014 11:44 pm
GoldFlame says...

I joined when I was twelve. The majority of us joined around fourteen or fifteen, I think, and you'll find writers as young as nine on this site. O_O

Welcome to YWS! Writing and swimming--that's pretty cool. I also see you're a huge fan of dystopias. Have you tried writing one?
“He leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu May 15, 2014 6:19 pm
CesareBorgia says...

I started when I was thirteen, and I'm still thirteen. :D Welcome to YWS!
Cesare
Proud Writer of the Week judge

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu May 15, 2014 6:49 pm
Spotswood says...

I started when I was nine or ten. I tried making a novelization of a pirate videogame I liked. I have since salvaged the concept, removed all of the videogame elements, and went back to my roots. I now have a great pirate novel planned.

GoldFlame wrote: and you'll find writers as young as nine on this site.

And we all love messing with them. They don't belong here yet.

GoldFlame wrote: I also see you're a huge fan of dystopias. Have you tried writing one?

I would suggest she read 1984
Last edited by Spotswood on Thu May 15, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu May 15, 2014 6:51 pm
Spotswood says...

cm57105 wrote: We will eventually take over YWS! :evil: :D

Dear Lord, please don't. We have too many really young people on here. *sigh* This website should, and always will, be dominated by 16-19 year olds :D
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Sat May 31, 2014 2:46 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

And yet there are a shocking number of us old geezers around the site too. (Mid-twenties, OOOOoooooooh! *scary ghost noises from the old geezer section*)

Sometimes my life just sounds like surrealistic fiction being sold on clearance at the book store.
— J. G. Hammersmith