z

Young Writers Society

I'm new :p

Reviews: 1
Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:10 pm
View Likes
stffnt0 says...

Hey everybody ;)

I literally just created my profile and I'm curious to get to know what this side's all about... :) I don't know if I'll be very active yet. Depends on how active you are, I guess? :D

About me:

I'm a 18 year old student from Denmark, and my favorite books are A Song of Ice and Fire.

I've tried writing loads of stories over the last couple of years but when I reach page 40 I always get stuck and start over or throw it all away... The reason for this is that it's mainly been fantasy I've wanted to write, and creating a new world is always difficult... well if you want to create a good, interesting world it is.

So I've just begun writing my first non-fantasy story ever. It's about a family that totally changes when the mother has a stroke... it's especially about how the characters make the wrong decisions and hurt each other because the truth is too hard for them to realize. I haven't written much of it yet, and I'm still not sure exactly where the story is going and when... but all that will come when I finally get into the story's core. I'm still on introduction level, having written only 14 pages. The story takes place in southern France... Ever since I watched the movie Melancholia (which doesn't even take place in France??) I've been inspired by everything that's French. I've also been there a couple of times and know a bit about French politics so I'm really exited about this.

I'm also exited to hear about your stories :)

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:38 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Hi, welcome to YWS!

As you will see soon enough, this site tends to change according to one's wishes, therefore providing everything one could need.. Or it seems so, as I think it's pretty hard to find something important that it doesn't have.

I love France too ^^
(And also England, Italy and a bunch of others, hihi)

Your story sounds interesting.. Will you be posting it here? I advice you to post some of your other stories as well, even if they're just beginnings or a few chapters - after the reviews you get, you may get inspiration and feel like writing them again :smt001

I'm a fantasy writer too, though a bit of a rebel when it comes to following the genre's scheme, by the way.

stffnt0 wrote:I'm a 18 year old student from Denmark, and my favorite books are A Song of Ice and Fire.

So helooooo. Did I say nice to meet you? :mrgreen:
(I wonder, are your favourite ASOIAF characters the same as mine..?)

If you need help in getting around, feel like you'd want a mentor for your first month or just feel like talking, do stop by my wall or PM me ^^

Aria
β€’ previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:26 am
Emerson says...

Hello and welcome!

I have to give you an excessive amount of high fives because GRRM is amazing. But, if you're trying to write fantasy and live up to that... yeah. He's a master among masters - that's my feeling anyway. He's an amazing writer.

But we're all here to try to get to that point, right? Your non-fantasy story sounds intriguing - I'd read it! And there are a lot of wonderful people here who can help push you over that 40 page mark, so I think you'll like it here :) This place is very active and noisey.

South of France = Beautiful. I stayed there for about a week on a tour around France and it was by far my favorite place. Have you ever been? You're certainly closer than I am - I'm in the states.

Now, anyway - if you have questions about the site you can bother anyone in green. Us people in orange, we used to be moderators (green people) but retired for one reason or another. And now we're decked out in cool orange. *flexes at you* You could certainly ask me questions too, but I probably would be no help at all.

Hope you like it here!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Reviews: 1
Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:53 pm
stffnt0 says...

GRRM truly is amazing yes!! I'm not trying to live up to him 'cause I totally agree with you. He IS the master of masters. I even prefer him over Tolkien. I can't live up to that... I wish I could but I can't. :) I enjoy writing though, and as long as I'm having fun and enjoying the stories I write I don't really care that they aren't perfect. I'm not a professional like GRRM :) I just need to write down all my imaginations... I have a huge imagination :)

And no I've actually never been to the south of France... I wish I had though :D All I know about Southern France I know from TV :P But I've been to Paris twice, and I love the country. A lot of my screen savers are photos of French monuments and French nature... and sometimes I even listen to French music so I really do love the country, and the French people are very special. :)

Thank you for offering your help :) People are really nice here.

Poetry is a phantom script telling how rainbows are made and why they go away.
— Carl Sandburg