z

Young Writers Society

Hello YWS, how do I work this thing?

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:37 am
MorningDew says...

Hi, I'm MorningDew and I really love fairytales and princesses and fairies as all girls do :D
But I do have a dark side of course, especially in my novel writing and stuff

I'm not good at poems but poems are stupid so it doesn't matter really (LOL JK) :shock:

So, how do I use this thing? do i post my work and get published straight away or do I have to wait for a reply?

sorry if i spelled anything wrong because i'm on my phone and I'm not sure if i have to use proper words ha ha ha :smt003

I'm going to post my first piece of work on here soon but I just wanted to say hiiiii girls, I hope no stinky boys are on here! JK of course, I love boys :)))))!!!

XOXOX
Morning Dew
Living in my own fairyworld... without rules or boundaries i am free

Don't judge a book by its cover, judge it by the words - Anon

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:26 am
niteowl says...

Hi MorningDew. First off, did you get your username from Bad Lip Reading? Probably not, but you should definitely check it out on Youtube. It's hilarious!

Now, to answer some of your questions. First, we do ask that you use proper spelling and grammar on here (we are writers, after all). Secondly, it's recommended that you review a couple pieces before posting your own. This helps ensure that everyone gets feedback and also helps you improve as a writer. There's tips for writing helpful reviews in the Writing Tips forum. You find literary works in the "Browse" tab.

When you're ready to post your first piece, click "Submit" on the top bar of the screen and follow the instructions. Once you've finished, the work will be immediately visible and able for others to reviews. If you'd like more feedback, go to the "Will Review for Food" forum (keep your requests to two every few days).

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Now, HERE'S YOUR GIFT! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :x :P :evil: :twisted: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :smt001 :smt002 :smt003 :smt004 :pirate2: :pirate3: (: :smt006 :smt007 :smt008 :smt009 :smt010 :smt011 :smt012 :smt013 :smt014 :smt015 :smt016 :smt017 :smt019 :smt020 :smt021 :smt022 :smt023 :smt024 :smt026 :smt027 :smt028 :smt029 :smt031 :smt032 :smt034 :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:04 pm
barefootrunner says...

Hello, MorningDew! Welcome to YWS!

Just a quick orientation to get you going:

The icons on the black bar at the top allow you to access your profile, PMs, notifications, and submit new work, in that order.

The seven black tabs on the page are:

1. The home page, to get you started.

2. Preferences, where you can change your profile settings like avatar, friends and location.

3. Browse, where you can check out all the newest works posted on the site, and review them! Reviewing is the currency of YWS.

4. Forums, where you can explore all the discussions on the site. Relax in the lounge, become embroiled in a debate, ask for homework help. You can find advice to improve different aspects of your writing in the Knowledge Base.

5. People, which shows the statuses on your friends' walls. You can set your friends via Preferences.

6. Storybooks is where you can join a group of people writing a story together. It's a great way to meet new people.

7. Blogs is where you can create your own blog and view other YWSers' stories.

You can access YWS chat by clicking on the speech bubble at the bottom of the page in the left-hand corner, or by clicking on "Enter chat room" on the left-hand side of the home or forums pages.

The Information Desk Archive is well worth the visit, and if you want to know more, don't hesitate to ask! The members in red, orange and green are administrators, distinguished members and moderators. They're very nice.

The webmaster is Nate. His name is in black. At the moment he is working to finish the YWS revamp project, YWS Apollo, and make the site even better than it is now.

So, I know you will enjoy yourself on this site and get to know many like-minded writers!

barefoot
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables