z

Young Writers Society

Im norna dean,

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:08 am
Nornadean says...

Hello, I am norna, I am 23, I would like to know how do i get points? What does a good review for a poem consist of? Does this site do publishing? THANKS.
You are the change you want to be

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:36 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Heyo hiyo, Norna!

Welcome to YWS. I'm Lumi, and it's great to see you here. =]

To answer your questions [in order]:

How do I get points?

Right now, the only way to get points is by reviewing other written works in our Browse section. Any review consisting of 250+ characters [not words] constitutes points as a reward, up to 100 points for 1000 characters, which is easy to do. If you have trouble finding something to review, you can narrow your search down to poetry, short stories, novels, or anything else you can think of, really.

What does a good review for a poem consist of?

We have plenty of articles written to help with this, specifically. My favorites are How to Write a Basic Review, as well as this reference thread for tons of review help.

Does this site do publishing?

The short answer is no. The longer answer is that don't endorse on a professional level; however, every year or so, a literary journal is published including the most shining pieces of writers on this site. Despite this, the participants aren't compensated with money--rather typically with a free copy of the lit. journal itself.

That should wrap it up. Let me know if you have more questions!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:23 am
Nornadean says...

Thank you so much i needed the help being that im new to this and writing in general well i have writtin short stories for three years. still, im new to novels.
You are the change you want to be

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights