z

Young Writers Society

I'm a two day veteran aka I'm still new here. Hello!

Reviews: 0
Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:17 pm
View Likes
UnlockedParadox says...

I posted in the Welcome Matt, yet, to get my presence just a crumb more known, I am posting here as well! I hope this complies with any/all the rules of the fourms.

Here's a small blurb on me, Devon, sex female, alias UnlockedParadox:

1. I am seventeen years old and an incoming senior in high school.
    2. I attend a formerly all girls Catholic high school in MA, but am not even Catholic.
    3. I am a modest gamer, Final Fantasy/Square Soft/Square Enix addict.
    4. My favorite genres of music are symphonic rock, orchestral, and trance.
    5. I adore writing Science Fiction and Fantasy while reading both mentioned with the addition of historical fiction.
    6. I love the circus especially Cirque du Soleil.
    7. I am also an anime nerd. My favorites are as follows: Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Princess Tutu (no judging now), Mythical Detective Loki, Axis Powers Hetalia, Beast Player Erin, No. 6, and many more.
    8. I love Norse Mythology. I just do~.
    9. I am proud homosexual, a very lonely one though. Le sigh.
    11. I don't like the number ten.

Whew! I am happy to share more, but I think that's enough for now. I will add, though, that I am currently working on structuring my first novel called Panacea, a Science Fiction and Fantasy mix with a good share of combat, battles, and glory. : P
Last edited by UnlockedParadox on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want to travel where life travels
following its permanent lead
Where the air tastes like snow music
Where grass smells like fresh-born Eden

I would bathe in a world of sensation
Love, goodness, and simplicity

- Tuomas Holopainen, Nightwish

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:43 am
View Likes
DudeMcGuy says...

Hello UnlockedParadox,

First of all let me say welcome to YWS. I've only been here like 3 months myself. But I can tell you that you will get used to everything around here pretty quick.

I just had to respond to your post here, because I noticed... we share many of the same interests! Specifically #'s 3, 5, 7, and 8.

There are several FF/anime lovers on here, and I am one of them. Although I would say I'm limited in anime, I more than make up for it in Final Fantasy. I've played every game in the (main) series except for XI and XVI (not an MMO guy)

Anyway, if you also like Norse mythology then you should check out Square's *Valkyrie Profile* series if you haven't already. It's not true to the mythology much, but it is an entire world inspired by it. Very interesting and would probably be right up your alley.

I'm trying to write my first fantasy novel right now, so send me a PM if you ever want to collaborate or just talk fantasy stuff. Some other users I met on here who are into fantasy worlds are Rubric, ShadowVyper, and TheSunChildren.

If you need a review or advice on something just send me a PM.
When I was young I used to have problems finishing my sentences, but now I

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:32 pm
KatKage says...

You've played Final Fantasy? OuO

I've only gotten to play FF XIII and XIII2, but I still love it all the same!! ^u^

Although I'm only 16, I'm a senior now too! ^^

And I love Fantasy and Sci-Fi too! ^^ Escpecially when they're combined (like in FFXIII!) ^u^

And I love Hetalia too!! ^^ Although I havn't seen many episodes yet XP But I hope to! ^^ Who'd your favorite character? ^u^ Mine would be Russia ^u^ (Well, America, but that's a given, so I go with the next best ^^)
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:15 am
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Hey there!! We have much in common xD I'm a huge FF nerd, the games have inspired me since I was a little girl. Which ones are your favorite?

I've also been in an orchestra for years outside of my high school, I'm a french horn player!

And there are many anime lovers on this site (including me! :P) I love Madoka and had a good time with No. 6. I watch a lot of new stuff too.

Leave me a message sometime! Sounds like we'd be friends xP And if you need a review for your novel I can help with that too.

Sheep
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

The true adventurer goes forth aimless and uncalculating to meet and greet unknown fate.
— O. Henry (William Sydney Porter)