Greetings

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat May 19, 2012 8:05 am
View Likes
Caesar says...

Well yeah. Hello.
I'm not new - at least, I don't consider myself so - and my name is already somewhat known as the most infamous villain role-player on YWS. The villains are cool, I can't help it. Also they tend to move the story forward a lot.
Anyways, I'm posting here cause I don't have much else to do ( ;) ) I'm addicted to YWS (best addiction one could have, if you ask me), and this way I could get to meet new faces.
I love reading about as much as I adore writing. My favorite series include (but are not limited to) the Fableheaven series, the Inheritance Cycle, Leven Thumps, anything by Terry Pratchett, classical mythology, and so on. I've also read stuff like the Prince, the Art of War, and am particularly interested in tactics.
Therefore, my writing is heavily influenced by what I read, so you'll find my writing about fantasy, usually medieval, though I handle action and dark themes pretty well.
I'd love a partner to write something about principally villains, but I'm too lazy to go around to the 'In Need of a Partner' thread. Do tell if you're inclined to join me.
Alas, I don't have that many TV shows that I like to boast, but I do catch the odd documentary if my mood swings that way (yeah, one day you'll find me depressed, the next bouncy and stuff. I'm weird like that).
Getting into a debate with me can lead to... confusing... results, especially if said debate is about religion. However, I have an adversity to posting in 'Serious Discussion and Debate' because I know the higher-ups are on the prowl, waiting to destroy your arguments mercilessly.
Well, with that, I believe I have everything covered.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sat May 19, 2012 8:53 pm
yubbies21 says...

If you explain a bit more about what you want to write, I just may be interested... :D
beep

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 20, 2012 6:44 am
Caesar says...

Well I posted in 'in need of a partner', yubbies.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon May 21, 2012 7:59 am
MonicaMorgan says...

I am new here. So first of hello and nice to meet you. I don't think your offer appeals to me because I believe creativity and writing comes from the heart. As a writer I am a free spirit. Although I worked with someone in the past and published a good book in my country but still the process wasn't really delightful. I love debate too especially about religion.
There is a crack in everything that's how the light gets in
Leonard Cohen

289 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 21, 2012 6:03 pm
Caesar says...

Greetings, Monica. I also agree writing is usually an individualistic experience, if I can call it that. However, co-writing can also be interesting and bring new developments.
Just my two cents, these.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:44 am
Cspr says...

...and salutations!

Okay, that aside, I've seen you around and it's nice to see how you've introduced yourself and all. I need to do that again. If I ever did in the first place. -shrugs-

In other news, I knew you had a thing for Italian culture and now I know why. Mmhm, The Prince. Fascinating book, that. Of course, I've always loved history and warfare a bit too much. My father got me playing Stratego as a toddler, what was supposed to happen?

Otherwise, I also write a lot of medieval fantasy, though, admittedly, I've been going through a bit of a dark phase and I can't seem to write the 'lighter' aspects that keep a fantasy book afloat. :/ Oh well. I suppose I could always write Naufragio now, speaking of books about villains and speaking of a mind slowly turning from shadowy to pitch.

I like and dislike debates. That is, I enjoy them. I dislike confrontation and arguments. Don't ask me how that works; I don't know. As it is, I'm the sort of person who learns about different sorts of religions trying to make sense of religion itself. So while I could consider myself one thing, a certain type of one thing, I can talk from various opinions, though I will seem to have a low opinion of most things.

Note: You're not weird. You sound manic depressive. Another similarity, perhaps? As I am one, and there's nothing wrong with you for it. For example, my interest in war is in part because I have PTSD and, well, I know I can write soldiers well, in that way, and people who have dealt with things. Writers' brains are just a bit funnier than most people's, but it's chill as long as we're all chill with each other.

-Cas
My SPD senses are tingling.

here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a treee called life; which grows higher than the soul can home or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
— e.e. cummings