z

Young Writers Society

Me Updated

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:36 pm
Swires says...

Over YWS' absense I have written 20 000 words of a dark fantasy called Hell's Tools. I probably wont be carrying on as my writing has improved since the start and I am no longer happy with the unoriginal plot. However from this I have learnt many things on what to and not to do to a novel.

I have started what will be a short fantasy (no longer than 10 000) called "The Master" as a pending title. Ironically its about a Master of magic creation and destruction, I havnt yet worked out where Im going but Im well into the beginning.

I also have another little baby that Im currently idealising (made up word) about called: The Mauve Eye. This is about a society based upon one thing: destruction of all witches. The confusion and hatred stems back centuries, as you can see Im still working out exactly what happened.

The Boatman that many people read on teh old YWS is now also in the "BIN" phase and will not be returned to.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:41 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Ah.. and The Boatman was probably your most famous piece yet, wasn't it?

Sounds fun anyway. :) I haven't actually ever finished a novel, and it sounds like you're a lot closer than me to finishing.

I quite like the sound of The Mauve Eye - how soon do you think you'll be posting it here..?

Have fun writing!

-Kay
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:54 am
Shine says...

Hellop blue nose rat!
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

614 Reviews

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:10 am
Swires says...

Hi ANI.

I have a feeling that ideas will be floating around for the Mauve Eye for a good other half a year.

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:12 am
Shine says...

half a year only thats not very long,lol
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

614 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:48 am
Swires says...

It is to me, 1/2 a year for pure thinking is a long time lol.

You got rid of them. Yes, that's just like you. Getting rid of everything unpleasant instead of learning to put up with it.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World