z

Young Writers Society

How could I resist.....

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:51 pm
View Likes
EscapeThat says...

....the offer of talking about myself, I am only human after all.

In all seriousness, I have recently joined, whilst I did think I may be knocking on a bit to be eligable for the epithet "young writer" (no longer in my teens lol) I do feel that this is a wonderful platform to gain feedback from other aspiring writers, flex my reviewing muscles and expose myself to different genres and hidden gems. Any place that encourages creativity is ok by me so keep up the good work everyone! I have really enjoyed what I have read so far...

Thank you,

Luke

556 Reviews

Reviews: 556
Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:55 pm
View Likes
ziggiefred says...

Ooh, welcome to YWS! I'm sure you've got a lot of those already :)
So what style of writing are you into? I was made for prose...
The best is what you make it!

...eh, need a review? Click me!

27 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:06 pm
EscapeThat says...

haha not nearly enough!

I love reflective writing, putting myself into someone elses shoes and then running with it. My repertoire (well the serious stuff) is quite small so I'm exploring all kinds of things at the moment but I have an example of my work on here if you're interested.

Excuse me while I pillage your profile to check out your work........... :pirate3:

556 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:17 pm
View Likes
ziggiefred says...

I'm way ahead of ya...
Well, okay. So what age did you start 'writing'.

27 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:53 pm
View Likes
EscapeThat says...

Hahah how you indulge me.

I have dabbled with it for years. then at about 18 wrote a truly hoffic story short for a contest, needless to say I lost. I have picked it up properly recently and am really trying to develope my "voice".

Since were sharing tell me your journey....

556 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:08 pm
View Likes
ziggiefred says...

Really? I just read your story. I'm sure it wasn't that bad. hehe
Well, I started writing when I was 8. But just like you, well sort of, I completed my first novel at 18 after several attempts during the years. I entered a writing contest last year and won in the novel category (I still don't know how that happened). Now I'm working on diverting my interests to the fantasy genre to see where that'll take me (I like writing stories that are full of drama). That's pretty much it.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:59 pm
View Likes
fire_of_dawn says...

I don't know whether I envy you or not. I've wanted to see England for years, to visit the country great authors come from. For the moment, I'm stuck in Florida. Oh well. I'll look at your writing very soon.
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

27 Reviews

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:51 pm
View Likes
EscapeThat says...

Haha its certainly worth a pilgrimage if you ever get the chance.

Thank you, let me know what you think, I always value a fresh opinion. You certainly have an extensive portfolio on here which I'm sure will make for some great reading.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:22 pm
View Likes
AlicePhell says...

Good to know I wasn't alone with that feeling of not being a "young writer."

I think you'll be happy with the community. I just joined and already got some feedback. I'm impressed.
I have to ask, does loden play any part in your writing? I know I use my hometown as reference in some of my stories, the little town atmosphere, does yours?
Everything can lead to an adventure, I just try to write those adventures down

27 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:34 am
View Likes
EscapeThat says...

Well I think us ancients still have something worthwhile to offer (-;

To be completely honest with you, the area I live in London isn't terribly pleasant and certainly not inspiring. This is unfortunate but I can draw inspiration from a places that I would have liked to grow up in or dream up a place relevant for my story.

Often my writing is very insular with few characters and settings, just focusing on their inner workings, thats what I love.

Thank you for the review by the way, it gave me goosebumps to think that it had inspired you to call your great-grandfather, I know that sounds silly lol

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:04 pm
Dreamwalker says...

There's nothing wrong with giving a little intro into your life. That way, when it comes to your works, there is something a little more personal about it to us then simply reading without knowing. The connections between writers and their characters always astounds me.

Well, either way, I can agree with you on feeling old, though I have yet to hit the big '2-0' and I had joined this site when I was quite a deal younger then I am now. Don't feel unaccepted or too old, though! Our main site Admin, Nate, is 28, and I believe our oldest member is 30, so the term 'young' is a little bit more widespread then simply pre-teen and teen years. In fact, I'm pretty sure the term 'young' is more towards the heart then the number nowadays.

Anyways, I hope to see you around. If you want reviews or simply have nothing better to do, feel free to PM me.

~Walker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

27 Reviews

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:24 pm
View Likes
EscapeThat says...

I couldn't agree more, you pour a little of yourself into every person you create, even if they go against the grain of who you are.

Haha fear not you will be apart of the 2-0 club soon enough, although i'm sure you'll remain 19 in your heart. I'm still yet to stop refering to myself as 21.

thank you fro your warm welcome, I'll be sure to take you up on that offer!

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:33 pm
View Likes
Priceless says...

Hi! *waves* I'm Priceless...er..Qamar. I want to go to London, it looks like such a cool place. Hope I get to go to uni there.

YWS is an awesome place. You get great reviews on your work (I can swear some of these guys are editors), and they're just all so friendly and nice. It's become my cyber-home. :lol: Hope you're liking it too. If you ever need a review or anything let me know. ^.^
We're all a little weird. And life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

Shady's wall is now the Randomosity forum in a nut shell
— alliyah