z

Young Writers Society

Greetings, Earthlings!

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:38 am
Jelly says...

This is my first foray into the other parts of YWS. By "other parts" I mean, things that aren't my profile or "Discover Works".
Okay. I'm going to talk about me now. Let's see... what do I now about myself...?

My name's Christina. You can call me that if you like. A surprisingly small amount of people call me by my name though, opting instead for my doubling-as-a-nickname-intials: CC. Isn't that nifty? That's actually how my username came into existence. Watch closely.
Christina --> CC --> C --> Sea --> Jellyfish --> Jelly
There was an entire process and everything.

I'm a geek, but a really selective one. I'm terrible at math, but actually not bad at Science when I do work. Which unfortunately, isn't all that often. I'm terribly lazy. Anyway, I love learning when it appeals to me, like ancient history, the origin of life, assorted animal facts and all that jazz. Wikipedia is my best friend, although like any responsible internet lurker, I do check out more reliable sites on any given topic.

Art. I've been drawing for as long as I can remember, but in the past two years I've been introducing myself to more mediums: oil, acrylic, watercolor, and ink. I'm still sticking firmly within my realm of 2D though. I've also been straying from strictly trying to make drawings as realistic as possible, and exploring what's most fun for me to draw. There's also photography, which is awesome, and digital art, which I'm just getting used to.

Writing. It's grown to be much more important to me in the past year. I used to try to complete long-term fiction projects over and over, but I always lost interest. I'm much happier doing my ambiguous 'Other' pieces. xD Best of all, they're super short. I feel my change in writing reflects the change in art, in that I'm beginning to make my own style.

Reading. When I was younger I used to read all the time, usually fantasy. Then in sixth grade it was like- BAM! INTERNET! I still read all day. I just changed venues. I love Harry Potter, but my quote trivia skills are not quite up to par with some. My favorite non-online writer is Lois Lowry, my favorite work by her is tied between The Giver and Gossamer. My older sister got me really into fanfiction at a young age. To the point where I was writing silly things about Harry not being a piece of meat, at age eight. Right now, I'm still totally fixated on the ST:XI fandom. I exclusively ship Kirk/Spock, which is really lucky for me. When you want to read about the couple that created slash, you're never going to run out of reading material. Also, it's mostly nerds that like Star Trek. Nerds are smart. Smart people write better. It all naturally follows.

Assorted other facts. I'm very messy save for my immaculately organized bookshelf and desktop. I have two sisters and a brother. I hate haircuts. I thrive in cold weather. I listen to piano music on youtube. My favorite flowers are irises and daffodils. Sports are the bane of my existence. I am an INFP personality type. Strangers make me nervous. I'm good at hoola-hooping and Tap Tap Revenge. I like singing, it makes me happy. My friends think I'm an elf.

In conclusion: Hi.
Last edited by Jelly on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- CC

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:57 pm
tgirly says...

My older sister's middle name is Christina. I like Lois Lowry too, though I've only read The Giver (loved it) and right now I'm reading Gathering Blue. I only have the one sister, and I'm also messy. I'm an INF too, but sometimes I'm a P and sometimes a J. I hate combing my hair. As for cold weather, I live in South Dakota. 'Nuff said.
Sports. *Pretends to throw up.* I'm with you there. My lowest grade is in PE. It's sad.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

45 Reviews

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:47 pm
Jelly says...

:D Thanks for reading, I honestly wasn't expecting anyone to. xD
Oh Gathering Blue is very good too. :) Have you heard of Messenger? It's the sequel that ties together Gathering Blue and The Giver. I don't like it quite as much as either of its prequels, but it's still good and worth reading. It's told from the perspective of Matty, even though he doesn't have his adorable way of talking anymore. :(
Messy people unite! :D Actually for me the personality type dispute lies in F/T, but I get F more often. And I'm going to assume it's cold in South Dakota... I'm really not good with this sort of thing. xD
Sports indeed. In my school, one is graded by attendance and changing, which are the only two aspects of gym I can handle. Besides hoola hooping, I suppose. xD
By the way, I love your icon. I feel I would be kind of irritated if I was the duck, but he's just totally cool with it. Maybe more people should be like that duck.
-- CC

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:23 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

Hey Jelly! I like your username's origin...I was able to follow it completely. ;)

Yay for fantasy readers! I used to only read books if they had dragons, wizards, swords, and knights. Now that I think about, that's a lot of what I write... XD

Ha, I totally get the short stories. I think I need to stick to writing more of those instead of trying to write novels. I have a few short stories that are all finished, and one out of eleven novels that are finished. XD

And that's funny, I have two brothers and a sister! Are you the oldest, so you get to boss them around (mwahaha!)?
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

45 Reviews

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:59 pm
Jelly says...

Hi! Haha, thank you. Unfortunately I can't credit myself with the awesomeness, it was the work of a friend of mine. xD
Oh fantasy. I've been trying to get myself back into it, but I haven't found any particularly amazing new stories in the genre.
And you've accomplished me than me in the realm of finishing long-term projects. xD I don't think I've ever completely finished a story with a plot and everything...
I'm the second oldest, but my younger brother and sister don't listen to me anyway... It's alright, I can channel my evil in other realms.
-- CC

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:29 am
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

You're gonna be my new best friend, 'kay?
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

45 Reviews

Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:08 pm
Jelly says...

I'm cool with that.
-- CC

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:15 pm
Angelreader77 says...

Hiya!
Call me Angel.
I LOVE reading! Harry Potter, Lois Lowry ( The giver and messenger were awesome) . Me love sports as well ! Even I thrive in cold weather! I'm messy as well! I can't write long pieces either. I'm probably the biggest procrastinator you've ever met.
I am not as much of a writer as a reader. I play golf ( and love it ) .
In short we've a lot in common :D
"The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears or the sea." --Isaac Dinesen

Patience is the strength of the weak, impatience is the weakness of the strong.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher