z

Young Writers Society

just ire

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:48 pm
ire123 says...

my name is ire and im 16 years of age.in my spare time i enjoy writing(duh.lol)and drawing anime....i plan to make a anime of my own oneday...but i also enjoy writing as well....i have a variety of hobbys in which im equally good at such as acting, singing/songwriting, piano, and want to mingle in comedy.this summer im moving to dallas and leaving my old friends im in tenth grade and to be quite frank im anxious about going to any newshcool simply for the act of being a loner their because everyone has there friends already.im a person who has so many dreams and aspirations but lets my shyness get in the way of things i have social anxiety and hate it because i want to things like acting or singing in front of people without being noticably uncomfartable...one thing i would really like to pursue for a while is being in a indie band like i wanted to do .i already know how to sing and know how to write songs very well i might say but all i need is the confidence to get out there...i would love to do things like this before im 69...if theres any advice thatll be great but im kinda feeling like i always get the same answers like well you should just do it and forget aout what people think about...(lol)i mean moreso general like how do i just do it without the anxiety...and medication isnt in my vocabulary and mines not as bad as staying at homme all the time just in feeling anxious in social settings and situations fearing people are thinking badly of me and as far as singing fear of how i look and people staring.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:18 am
spinelli says...

Well, I know how you feel. Well, sort of. :P I have a type of anxiety, but it's not social. I do theater and stuff, and I used to do band so I'm pretty used to all that. But I started out SUPER shy and quiet in front of people. It's something that you gotta work on. But yeah, basically I'm going to tell you to go for it and not care what people think. lol XD In seriousness though, I've learned that through my anxiety, the best ways to get ahold of it are to just dive into stuff. Start small of course lol. You're going to have anxiety about it at first, but try to turn it into adrenaline. It's all mental really. Just stay positive :D

Maybe start doing little things with your friends or in front of small groups. Or if you have to do a class presentation, start there by making them a bit bigger and fancier than normal. That's actually how I started getting comfortable enough in front of people to do theater. Or hey, try Youtube. *shrug* :smt003

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:17 am
tigershark17 says...

I have severe anxiety issues too, social and otherwise. I love singing and piano, too! You are worthy of a follow, my friend. Seems we have a lot in common. :)
Behind every impossible achievement is a dreamer of impossible dreams.
--Robert Greenleaf

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:51 pm
ire123 says...

its nice to know theres someone out there in which i can relate to, because i was kinda feeling like i was alone..lol
if you want i would like to talk to you about some of my experiences if you want to..i dont want to bore anyone so

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:09 pm
tigershark17 says...

absolutely. PM me anytime. I am online about 20/7, so you can always catch me. (:
Behind every impossible achievement is a dreamer of impossible dreams.
--Robert Greenleaf

It is most unlikely. But - here comes the big "but" - not impossible.
— Roald Dahl