z

Young Writers Society

hi!

Reviews: 0
Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:25 pm
jrauthorintraining says...

So i never really got a chance to tell people about myself....My name is Katherine I live in the United States and I love to write! But thats not all I like to do, my summer is always filled with sports like surfing, horseback riding, figure skating, and swimming! I just started surfing at the end of last summer but now I <3333 it! Horseback riding I have been doing for 6 years now but only 4 years competitively. Figure skating I recently stopped doing, I think you need to know that i'm 5 foot 6 and that means I had to kiss my figure skating dreams goodbye! No more huge flips n stuff! Oh well...Swimming I only did one year competitively but I still swim every summer at the beach and in the pool no matter how cold the water is!...no seriously I swam in 50 degree water last week in Long Beach Island NJ, thats where my beach house is. I am in 7th grade, and I want to apply to the Notre Dame High School in NJ next year. My favorite book is the City Of Bones, favorite movie - soul surfer, favorite thing to write about - Fiction writing, and I also take in interest in art ( drawing and photography ) So thats a little bit about me! Thanks for reading! If anyone did read this far?? Haha bye! :D

BTW: I always LOOVVEE to be in a happy mood....just thought u should know, I like to cheer people up the best I can and keep myself strong and happy with my life....I think i'm doing alright :) :smt002

SMILES: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :x :P :evil: :twisted: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :pirate3: :pirate2: :smt004 :smt003 :smt002 :smt001 - cute <3

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:52 pm
View Likes
Ranger Hawk says...

What sort of competitive horseback riding do you do? I've always wanted to try endurance racing, and hunter/jumper looks like a lot of fun, too. :D
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:41 pm

I have entered hunters devision most of my life but FINALLY i am qualified for jumpers which is jumps in the ring, you can make your own course, ride as fast as you can and you get a certain amount of points for each one ( depending on the hight, it starts at 3 feet ) I show at DVHA ( Delaware Valley Horsemen's Association ) mostly during the summer, and a few "A" ranked shows if Im excepted at Heaven's Gate Farm. I encourage you to try it!!! It is my passion and I couldn't be happier with what I do. Some people think its pointless because they say the horse does ALL the work, so its nice 2 know that someone disagrees :D hope that helped?? You can always ask me any more questions u have :)

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:40 am
tigershark17 says...

How old do you have to be to compete? Is there a point at which you are too old?
Behind every impossible achievement is a dreamer of impossible dreams.
--Robert Greenleaf

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:08 pm

Umm well not all of it is based on age but on experience but you do have to be a certain age for each group of competing, plus they might be different? Like where I show may have different age groups than you do? But at DVHA its lead line ( not sure when u can start i think around 5, mini stirrup is around 7 or 8 short stirrup, long stirrup, then beginner rider equestrian and beginner hunter. Those last two vary between any age adult and child. Ummm......Then its hunter ( you have to be at lest 13 to enter the next fallowing groups. Also when you are 13 you cannot go back to any of the devisions listed before ) Hunter is jumping up 2 2 feet and then jumpers which is jumping up to 3 feet ( thats what I am entering this summer ) and thats all i remember :) So like I said wherever you compete might be different but thats what its like at DVHA :)

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:19 pm

And they have adult classes so I think there is no age limit for the adult class?????? Not sure about that one!

Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind