z

Young Writers Society

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:13 am
Incandescence says...

Last edited by Incandescence on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:16 am
Crysi says...

Very.

Stop being so hard on yourself lol! Every girl here should want to know what you look like. :P

*cough* :roll:
Love and Light

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:47 pm
hawk says...

(ditto)

saw your picture. i'm a big mathematic addict, and physics, mostly algebraic equations. when i'm studying something like area, it bores the hell out of me.

least not all guys who like math are nerdy. heh.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:51 pm
Incandescence says...

Algebra...no. I really like Calculus-based Topological studies. Mostly because it splices in certain aspects of Quantum Mechanics, and if you really want to increase the number of pages you need, you can throw in some Superstring theory. Personally, Topology is the best part of mathematica there is.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:55 pm
Zion says...

What is the Superstring theory? :o I am also VERY VERY interested in astro-phisics
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

594 Reviews

Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:07 am
Crysi says...

*mutters something about just trying to get through Algebra 2*

Lol I liked geometry better myself.. I love everything having to do with logic. That's why I loved geometric proofs.. I didn't mind memorizing all the theorems, because I got to use them to prove a certain equation was in fact true.
Love and Light

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:16 am
Meshugenah says...

only you, crysi.
astro physics, eh? actually, if i had enough math, (and they had it at school.. gur) i would take that. qunatum mechanics? jeesh... and your my age? oi. lucky.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

594 Reviews

Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:19 am
Crysi says...

You know.. it scares me that Incandescence is younger than I am. And about a billion times smarter. :?
Love and Light

Reviews: 0
Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:43 am
Guest says...

M-M-M-Math? *Shudders*

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:38 am
Tara says...

Where? Firestarter we need you over here! Burn it!
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:03 am
niteowl says...

Tara wrote:Where? Firestarter we need you over here! Burn it!

Huh?

As for math, I am a freshman in AGS3 and I have it 1st hr, which sucks. But somehow I kind of like doing math homework. It calms me down and *gasp* can get me to focus! Sometimes.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:05 am
Skye says...

I'm with Tara and Delo, I abhor math. *shudders violently*
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:56 am
hawk says...

Incandescence wrote:Algebra...no. I really like Calculus-based Topological studies. Mostly because it splices in certain aspects of Quantum Mechanics, and if you really want to increase the number of pages you need, you can throw in some Superstring theory. Personally, Topology is the best part of mathematica there is.

Topological mathematics is a turn on, completely unruptured in its view, which is limitless depending on how it is viewed (which should be limitless anyway). People get in sorts over it, and I agree it’s fascinating; but apart from studying the doughnut or something, I haven't really learnt much about it yet.

Have you ever taken a personality test, Incandescence?

http://209.15.29.56/myersbriggs/personhome.htm

It's good, especially career and interest wise, to be aware of the reasons that sort of analatycal thinking interests you. I got an INTP.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:21 pm
Firestarter says...

Where? Firestarter we need you over here! Burn it!

Burn what?

*shrugs and torches the whole thread*
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

594 Reviews

Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:24 am
Crysi says...

hawk wrote:
Incandescence wrote:Algebra...no. I really like Calculus-based Topological studies. Mostly because it splices in certain aspects of Quantum Mechanics, and if you really want to increase the number of pages you need, you can throw in some Superstring theory. Personally, Topology is the best part of mathematica there is.

Topological mathematics is a turn on, completely unruptured in its view, which is limitless depending on how it is viewed (which should be limitless anyway). People get in sorts over it, and I agree it’s fascinating; but apart from studying the doughnut or something, I haven't really learnt much about it yet.

Have you ever taken a personality test, Incandescence?

http://209.15.29.56/myersbriggs/personhome.htm

It's good, especially career and interest wise, to be aware of the reasons that sort of analatycal thinking interests you. I got an INTP.

I'm INTJ. Apparently, so was C.S. Lewis! :D
Love and Light

Overripe sushi, The master Is full of regret.
— Buson