z

Young Writers Society

Letters from Troy

Reviews: 3
Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:52 pm
View Likes
lettersfromtroy says...

Hello everyone!

I heard it's like a tradition to write a few words about oneself so here I am. My name's Hans (like the bad guy in Inglourious Basterds), 20 years old, living in Vienna, Austria, and try to make a living from writing more or less long texts and my blog.

My passion for writing started at the age of 10 or 11 when I wrote a 15.000 words long "Lord of the rings"-like story. From that time on I was totally into fantasy stories set in epic lands. After many, many short stories about orcs, elves and trolls I switched genre (I guess Paolo Coelho influenced me a lot!) and from that day on I've been writing fairytale-like stories.

And about a month ago I changed my mind again and I started writing horror. It's really fascinating me and I am always looking for new ways to scare people. Currently I am working on a series of stories about five survivors of a global blackout. If anyone's interested, just check my homepage for further informations and a first slice of the project.

Well, what else to say? I love novels written by P. Coelho, Nick Hornby, Morton Rhue, Stieg Larsson, Oscar Wilde and so on and on and on and ... oh, and William Shakespeare. (And I know, he's not a novelist!)

Still got questions? Feel free to ask!

I'm kind of happy to be here!

LOVE
There are only a few things more interesting than my blog. Go check it out: http://www.lettersfromtroy.com/ - Read and comment my texts. Would love to meet you there!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:48 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

Hey Troy!

That's so cool you live in Austria! My only experience with the country is The Sound Of Music, which I adore. I'm from Finland, so I'm always very excited to find someone else from not-so-YWS-populated place :D
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:36 pm
Lava says...

Vienna! Wow! I've always wanted to go on a major European tour.
But, yeah, like Demi said, I've 'seen' the place only in the movie.

I really enjoyed Larsson too! It was a good series.Though, I did enjoy books 2 and 3 better.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold